Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Phastek & Oracal Lighting ..What a Joke!

When I first got my 2011 SS, first thing I ordered was a mail slot scanner light. Lasted about 8 months. Reached out to Phastek; there response-"mail in the part and we will think about what to do" Result-warranty expired, not our problem. Me being the "intelligent one" who is glutting for punishment. Ordered another one. Six months later, same thing went through the same process, same result. This time Phastek refers the blame on Oracle and refers me to them. Same response.
Lesson to be learned: For those of us that work for a living and cannot afford to "piss" money away. Purchase your products from a reputable vendor because it may seem like a good value but it will cost you more in the long. You can bet that I will never deal with these clowns ever again.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Here's a link to the vendor feedback sub-forum:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Tbh, most resellers I've used are excellent when it comes to purchase and shipping. Returns, not so much. Buying direct from the manufacturer provides the best experience but costs more.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
So this took place five years ago?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
DazednConfused

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Never had anything but awesome experiences and customer service with Phastek. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and also had things replaced with warranty and have nothing but good things to say about them. Sorry you had a bad experience though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jgunn65 View Post
When I first got my 2011 SS, first thing I ordered was a mail slot scanner light. Lasted about 8 months. Reached out to Phastek; there response-"mail in the part and we will think about what to do" Result-warranty expired, not our problem. Me being the "intelligent one" who is glutting for punishment. Ordered another one. Six months later, same thing went through the same process, same result. This time Phastek refers the blame on Oracle and refers me to them. Same response.
Lesson to be learned: For those of us that work for a living and cannot afford to "piss" money away. Purchase your products from a reputable vendor because it may seem like a good value but it will cost you more in the long. You can bet that I will never deal with these clowns ever again.
Oracle has a one year warranty for those lights. I would try talking to someone again about it because they most definitely should be covered. Speak directly to Jonathan over there, he's good people!

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
Repooh
Certified: Slow

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
Never had anything but awesome experiences and customer service with Phastek. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and also had things replaced with warranty and have nothing but good things to say about them. Sorry you had a bad experience though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
+1

2014 Ashen Grey Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Winter Vehicle- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Repooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Phastek is the middle man in this one... not much they can do without first contacting the manufacturer... but for that they needed to see if you cut it or modified the unit (which would void the warranty). You need to go through Oracle direct... and they'll want to see it first too. Nothing wrong with that. They're just covering their behind... you have no idea how many people try to get their money back after they themselves jacked the part up.

I will add that I order from Phastek all the time and still do and they've been great the whole way... over 5 years and running.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #8
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Phastek are fantastic, blame the manufacturer, not the middle man.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
Phastek doesn't make these and they get em for practically nothing . They could have just gave you another to save face . On a side note I have had good luck with phastek so far but I know their prices are often high compared to the competition
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #10
gadawgfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I ordered the black out bow tie decals - While the back fit the front would not due to the rounded edge in the middle. You could not get it to fit properly as per their instructions. I went ahead and ordered a sheet on the black vinyl and cut it. This allowed me to grasp and stretch it in place. Their cut outs do not work or did not work for me. For the price I paid the sheet was less than half the cost of the cut-outs.
gadawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I have to agree with what others are saying. I ordered a couple parts from Phastek and not only were they delivered quickly, they were exactly as described. If you have an issue with the parts blame the manufacturer of the parts. I'm sure Phastek will take into consideration complaints about the products that they offer and if they will be offering them in the future, but it is not their problem if the parts do not hold up.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #12
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Haha the funny thing is, is that you bought a second one and it did the same thing as the first. Too funny. Life's a b*tch ain't it...
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #13
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
I'll say the same thing to you when you find your Camaro gone OTW across the border to Mexico
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #14
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I reported on this long ago with going through a couple sets of scanners myself. Went back to stock look, the first one I bought was a clear resin covered insert that actually fit like the original mailslot only needed to make a hole for the little wires. The second a light bar that was supposed to be heated and bent by the installer.... and covered in a plastic film that though thick did last only 6 months compared to over a year for the original one I bought long ago that I could not find again anywhere, ( it eventually fogged up and the plastic got brittle that covered the LEDs). The second also required cutting into the sides of the mail slot so it would fit because it was longer than the slot... so I had to carve carefully with a exacto knive and fortunately the stock cover basically covers over those holes.

I have had better luck with $20 cheapo Chinese undercar lighting than the much more expensive mailslot scanners and they get all kinds of road spray..... Just goes to show what a POS these turn out to be.

The second one in place with the original above it, and yes it snapped in the middle bending it but still worked at least for a while, I guess I should have asked for one pre bent....not that it would have helped its longevity. And its a case of oh well, lights are just for fun and a car show anyway. I have changed the look of engine bay and some day will throw some money at ACC stuff to compliment but I still am meat and potatoes first kind of guy..form over function usually. SO yes blowing money on something fun sort of and having it suck well , yup it sucks....Daily Driving this mod sucked could not withstand Oregon and its all on the maker.

Last edited by christianchevell; 07-13-2016 at 06:27 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote