Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Vitesse motor sports, subpar customer service.

Just wondering what everyones experience with them are?? So far I've been having 1 star experience. Maybe it's one off, or does this seem common all around???

Seriously, they make it impossible to support a small company.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
T_B

Drives: 2016 2SS
why, what happened? Im thinking about ordering their throttle controller.
T_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
check engine lights too? you aren't the only one who has reported that with their throttle controller.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B View Post
why, what happened? Im thinking about ordering their throttle controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
check engine lights too? you aren't the only one who has reported that with their throttle controller.
No, I haven't received my product. But I'm not doing business with them ever.

I order the controller, which was "out of stock", but their site did not claim this..

I email them and let them know if it's possible to get the item sent ASAP as I was leaving for a road trip. Ahmed responded with.

"We are missing items for the controller, we will get the pieces either tomorrow or saturday" (this happened almost a month ago on a thursday). He then says, "item will ship 2 days USPS either saturday or Monday when the pieces come in".

After 2 emails to HIM, I finally get an email on Wednesday, with no explanation, just "Just shipped your item here is the tracking #"...

So, first you sell an item thats out of stock, then you don't meet your timeline, and you don't respond to your customers emails.

NEXT, item NEVER arrived at my house. The item for some reason went somewhere else, we have proof because the tracking number shows this.. It says, "item being returned to sender".. So I EMAIL Ahmed and ask him to please, RE SHIP ASAP as I need it.. His response,

"Paypal me $7 to re-ship the item to you".

The ****? So I tell him, no, I'm not paying him to get my original order that he probably messed up shipping.. I ask for my money back and he says, "when i get the item".. Mind you, we have proof that the item was never delivered so i'm not trying to scam him...

I send him an email that I'm willing to support the small company, but will not be paying for new shipping and that he should send me a replacement unit while this one figures itself out.. No response..

I then send him an email telling him that unless I get an answer I'm calling paypal and or my credit card and filling a claim for never receiving my goods. His response,

"File the claim".

I'm usually optimistic, but he is horrible and I personally want nothing to do with him or his company.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
NEXT, item NEVER arrived at my house. The item for some reason went somewhere else, we have proof because the tracking number shows this.. It says, "item being returned to sender".. So I EMAIL Ahmed and ask him to please, RE SHIP ASAP as I need it.. His response,

"Paypal me $7 to re-ship the item to you".

The ****?
wow. that is bad customer service. and sorry, but I cracked up when he said "Paypal me $7 to re-ship the item to you". wtf? he doesn't seem to really care if he earns your business or not with him saying "file the claim". bummer. it seems like a simple error from their end with shipping. to not own up to it and make it right is pretty f'd up. good luck, bro.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Well this does not make them look to good now does it...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
All of these electronic devices are just crap and not even worth the hassle of screwing up the car. I bought a Range Device, which has the lastest FW and according to them they say that this will not cause any CELs in the 6th gen LT1/SS, nope, CELs! That is why I usually stay away from these types of devices, for the small amount of difference they make, not worth the other headaches.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
wow. that is bad customer service. and sorry, but I cracked up when he said "Paypal me $7 to re-ship the item to you". wtf? he doesn't seem to really care if he earns your business or not with him saying "file the claim". bummer. it seems like a simple error from their end with shipping. to not own up to it and make it right is pretty f'd up. good luck, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Well this does not make them look to good now does it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
All of these electronic devices are just crap and not even worth the hassle of screwing up the car. I bought a Range Device, which has the lastest FW and according to them they say that this will not cause any CELs in the 6th gen LT1/SS, nope, CELs! That is why I usually stay away from these types of devices, for the small amount of difference they make, not worth the other headaches.
I bluntly told him,

"I'm want to support local and small businesses. Please waive the re shipping fee and just get it to me ASAP and i won't request a refund"..

The guy has horrible sense of customer service.. I could understand if we had no proof where the item was, as I could be trying to scam him. But with PROOF that I have never received the item, and it's whereabouts... He just dropped the ball.. This has been going on for almost a month now.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:52 PM   #9
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Well, some people just don't want to accept that "the customer is always right" even if they are wrong... not much you can do other than accept the shitty service or boycott them.

It's a pretty cheap move to try and scam you for the $7 to correct their error. I wouldn't give them my business if that's their type of character.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #10
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
and here I was planning to order the controller soon but then this post shows up and now I've changed my mind until this problem clears up. Samsumon, make sure you post your problem and the venders reaction in the Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences section.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #11
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
No problems with my controller or the service

Would like to hear his side of the story, he has been on here.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #12
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
I'm on Ahmed's side. I've purchased two controllers from him. One for my 2014 SS and one for the 2016. Neither controller gave me problems and whenever I've contacted Ahmed he has been nothing but professional and courteous......and accommodating. We're only getting one side of the story here.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #13
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
and here I was planning to order the controller soon but then this post shows up and now I've changed my mind until this problem clears up. Samsumon, make sure you post your problem and the venders reaction in the Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
No problems with my controller or the service

Would like to hear his side of the story, he has been on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
I'm on Ahmed's side. I've purchased two controllers from him. One for my 2014 SS and one for the 2016. Neither controller gave me problems and whenever I've contacted Ahmed he has been nothing but professional and courteous......and accommodating. We're only getting one side of the story here.
There is nothing to clear up. I cancelled my ordered with him, which was placed April 22nd. He is still waiting for the order to be returned to him. He has taken zero action to try and find out what is going on other than entering the tracking number and responding to my email telling me what it shows.. He still has my money and refuses to refund me until he receives the item back..

Again, with proof I never received it, he won't refund my money and told me to go ahead and file a claim with Paypal.... A vendor telling a customer to file a claim, really? He said he will refund my money when he gets the item back yet takes zero steps to try and rectify the issue or dig further into the issue. No two sides about it lol.

Just giving everyone a heads up on my experience with him and his customer service. Not all experience are alike.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #14
The1DoubleN
Banned

Drives: Blown up '16 SS
I've spoken to Ahmed at great length over the phone, great guy, definitely seems to be two sides to this story. I also have had the controller for 4,000mi and it works just fine, received it in 3 days no problem.

That being said, if you're not happy, just file the Paypal claim and get your money back, that's what it's for. No need to try and sully their name because of a miscommunication or misunderstanding. You don't know what Ahmed is personally dealing with, he is human, don't try to assume he's a jerk when he's really not. I'm guessing he made the $7 comment because he got frustrated with the way you were speaking with him....just my guess....
The1DoubleN is offline   Reply With Quote