Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #15
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
You need to post the email conversations and tracking info (blanking out your private info of course). That will end any debate.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #16
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1DoubleN View Post
I've spoken to Ahmed at great length over the phone, great guy, definitely seems to be two sides to this story. I also have had the controller for 4,000mi and it works just fine, received it in 3 days no problem.

That being said, if you're not happy, just file the Paypal claim and get your money back, that's what it's for. No need to try and sully their name because of a miscommunication or misunderstanding. You don't know what Ahmed is personally dealing with, he is human, don't try to assume he's a jerk when he's really not. I'm guessing he made the $7 comment because he got frustrated with the way you were speaking with him....just my guess....
Not to be disrespectful, but your guess.. You're taking his side because you had a great experience with him, understandably. I wouldn't expect you to not say anything negative. I, on the other hand, have not..

And I SHOULDN"T have to file a claim with the middle man to get my money back when I have a clear channel of communication with the vendor and from my understanding, owner.. He should willingly give me my money back as long as we have proof that I have not (which we have) received the item.. He is complicating the process. He is a small vendor and I'm trying to work with the vendor. Something small business owners always bitch about, is lack of customer cooperation. So, now I'm in the wrong for trying to just work with him directly? Ok got it. I'll go on paypal and call my credit card and complicate it, sounds like thats the route to take according to you

Lastly, I'm pretty professional in my communications with anyone, and while i do show a tone from time to time, I never disrespect or cross any lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
You need to post the email conversations and tracking info (blanking out your private info of course). That will end any debate.

I'm not posting personal messages between vender and seller. I'm simply posting MY EXPERIENCE with a vendor.. There is no debate.. I'm posting clearly what is going on and what I'm experience.

I'm sure he's a good person, and he might have some things going on, but this has been almost a month long ordeal.. Some people have good experiences with a vendor, some have bad ones... Some post when they have good, some post when they have bad.

I see NOTHING wrong with me posting my dissatisfaction with this vendor and warn others in advance.

IF this is against the rules, feel free to jump in and close the thread..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:48 AM   #17
The1DoubleN
Banned

Drives: Blown up '16 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Not to be disrespectful, but your guess.. You're taking his side because you had a great experience with him, understandably. I wouldn't expect you to not say anything negative. I, on the other hand, have not..

And I SHOULDN"T have to file a claim with the middle man to get my money back when I have a clear channel of communication with the vendor and from my understanding, owner.. He should willingly give me my money back as long as we have proof that I have not (which we have) received the item.. He is complicating the process. He is a small vendor and I'm trying to work with the vendor. Something small business owners always bitch about, is lack of customer cooperation. So, now I'm in the wrong for trying to just work with him directly? Ok got it. I'll go on paypal and call my credit card and complicate it, sounds like thats the route to take according to you

Lastly, I'm pretty professional in my communications with anyone, and while i do show a tone from time to time, I never disrespect or cross any lines.

I'm not posting personal messages between vender and seller. I'm simply posting MY EXPERIENCE with a vendor.. There is no debate.. I'm posting clearly what is going on and what I'm experience.

I'm sure he's a good person, and he might have some things going on, but this has been almost a month long ordeal.. Some people have good experiences with a vendor, some have bad ones... Some post when they have good, some post when they have bad.

I see NOTHING wrong with me posting my dissatisfaction with this vendor and warn others in advance.

IF this is against the rules, feel free to jump in and close the thread..
No disrespect taken, I understand. I had a similar issue with another vendor on these forums (who shall remain nameless) and after countless hours of trying to help their small business fix their error, I finally had to just file a claim with VISA, and that was the end of it, no more emails, no more phone calls, no more stress over something not worth stressing over.

Nothing personal here man, all I was saying that a) you absolutely should file a claim if you need to, and b) my experience was positive with Ahmed, that's all.
The1DoubleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
For the most part, people like Vitesse motor sports, but I've had mixed experiences with their products and the attitude toward remedying problems. They offered aluminum paddle shifter replacements for the 2010-2011 Camaro, which came with a pair of stock tap buttons.

I was a little hesitant to think a hunk of metal being pressed at different angles would really hold up well in an assembly that was intended for a much smaller plastic button, which normally would have all force applied directly in the center as opposed to having leverage like a paddle affords. Sure enough, the plastic button housing in my steering wheel got bent out of shape badly in very short time.

Several other forum members complained at Camaro5 and we were told by Vitesse motor sports to PM them for a solution. One member publicly posted that "solution" and it was to use some pliers to force the paddle shifter's aluminum to stretch out even wider so it fills the button assembly more snugly. Not really a great idea, since you're just further widening a hole in the assembly.

So that's my 2 cents. It was an interesting experience so say the least, and I've since removed their product from my vehicle. Still driving around with a piece of electrical tape over my exposed button assembly. I'll get it repaired at the dealership eventually, but probably for a pretty penny. Getting access to the tap shift button assembly requires airbag removal, which I'm not comfortable with.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:22 AM   #19
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Customer ordered his Controller on Friday April 22nd and then sent an email asking to ship "Next Day Air" because he was leaving town and wanted it by Saturday !
After sending him a reply the very same day on April 22nd that there was a small delay, that we had to wait for extra Harnesses to arrive.

We shipped the package on April 27th

Sent customer Tracking details on April 28th
Customer sent an email asking if he could pickup up the item instead of waiting for the package to arrive by mail.

Customer gave us a different shipping address than first one and wanted another Controller shipped ASAP. At that time the first package was still at his local post office so we didn't know it was "Incomplete address" or else.
I explained the customer that we have to wait until we receive the returned package then we could issue the refund.

Today, we have finally received the package that took 3 weeks since the shipping day: April 27th till today May 18th.

We have issued the refund already.

We've checked with the post office and they think that it's an "Undeliverable address" or no one lives there"
That explains why customer provided a different address.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #20
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
Customer ordered his Controller on Friday April 22nd and then sent an email asking to ship "Next Day Air" because he was leaving town and wanted it by Saturday !
After sending him a reply the very same day on April 22nd that there was a small delay, that we had to wait for extra Harnesses to arrive. Customer replied and understood. initial email from customer was police and courteous stating he is excited to try the controller on his road trip and was wondering if it was possible to receive the item as soon as possible

We shipped the package on April 27th Later than vendor stated (vendor stated he would ship when the parts arrived. said parts would arrive Monday the latest. Device shipped late.

Sent customer Tracking details on April 28th
Customer sent an email asking if he could pickup up the item instead of waiting for the package to arrive by mail.Customer, saw on the tracking the the item was being returned and that it was sitting in the post office in a city he was in. customer emailed the vendor and asked if he could pick up the item in the city it said it was being returned too... after multiple emails from customer to vendor trying to figure out the solution and vendor offering no help and asking customer to pay $7 to re ship when device is returned.. customer tried cutting the shipper out and did not know vendor was in jersey

Customer gave us a different shipping address than first one and wanted another Controller shipped ASAP. At that time the first package was still at his local post office so we didn't know it was "Incomplete address" or else.
I explained the customer that we have to wait until we receive the returned package then we could issue the refund. Customer offered a new address to ship the new controller too. at this point vendor stated to customer "file a claim"with paypal because customer got tired of waiting, barely any help from the other end and already got subpar customer service.....

Today, we have finally received the package that took 3 weeks since the shipping day: April 27th till today May 18th.Customer HAD TO EMAIL VENDOR TELLING VENDOR TO PICK THE CONTROLLER UP AT THE POST OFFICE BECAUSE IT CLEARLY STATED IT WAS JUST SITTING THERE.. VENDOR SHOWED NO SIGNS OF ATTEMPTING TO GO OUTOF THEIR WAY TO REMEDY THE SITUATION... Refund just so happened to issued a day later, coincidence?

We have issued the refund already.

We've checked with the post office and they think that it's an "Undeliverable address" or no one lives there"
That explains why customer provided a different address.I receive packages every day.. I'll leave it at that.

See Red
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #21
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Samsumon, there's an old saying, "you get what you pay for". It's pretty obvious you want more performance out of this car. Forget about this logistical nonsense for a minute, take a step back and consider these 3 things:

1 - Do you have the disposable income available to purchase and support what will truly make you happy performance wise?

2 - Is full warranty coverage something you need or has it become a ball and chain?

3 - Can you prove without a doubt that whatever mod you're adding leaves absolutely no record of its existence on your ECU?

Depending on your answers and if you've got access to credible, reputable and accomplished local resources, I would strongly suggest considering a legitimate tune and proven performance mods that won't exceed the supporting mechanical capabilities of the vehicle.

All of these rinky dink mods are never going to satisfy anyone with significant performance improvement aspirations. Some are going to work fine, but there are too many out there that don't accomplish anything at all and even degrade your performance due to our ECU adjusting. Is it really worth the time, risk and aggravation for the gains they offer to be monkeying around with some $100 hack on a new $50k car? A lot of people just keep adding and adding little things to the list, and ultimately end up spending what they would have spent anyway if they went all in. If you can't go all in, you might be better off staying stock or just saving up for the next model up.

If you really care about and need the warranty, please consider this - The more you add, the more likely it will be that one of the mods that claims to be untraceable, will actually be traceable if you have a real issue and (depending upon the nature of your warranty claim) will put you in the same boat that you would have been in if you just got it done right to begin with. I can tell you for a fact that this ECU is a whole hell of a lot different in how it logs information. Not even the best of the best tuners know how to circumvent everything, and there are inherent bugs already there in every single one of our cars straight from the manufacturer. I'm not saying this mod will throw a code, but anything you add could leave a trace - even without throwing a code - if it exceeds our car's tolerances for a tracked variable. Unless you've got access to GM's diagnostic equipment, you're trusting someone's claim for a piece of equipment that's made God knows where. If you can't even get it shipped to you, does that inspire confidence?

Just do yourself a favor and stop and think about the big picture and what your goals and limitations are before you leap. A well produced video on Youtube by a friendly Camaro owner who loves tinkering with his car is just that.... my 2 cents. I hope everything works out for you for the best.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #22
The1DoubleN
Banned

Drives: Blown up '16 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Samsumon, there's an old saying, "you get what you pay for". It's pretty obvious you want more performance out of this car. Forget about this logistical nonsense for a minute, take a step back and consider these 3 things:

1 - Do you have the disposable income available to purchase and support what will truly make you happy performance wise?

2 - Is full warranty coverage something you need or has it become a ball and chain?

3 - Can you prove without a doubt that whatever mod you're adding leaves absolutely no record of its existence on your ECU?

Depending on your answers and if you've got access to credible, reputable and accomplished local resources, I would strongly suggest considering a legitimate tune and proven performance mods that won't exceed the supporting mechanical capabilities of the vehicle.

All of these rinky dink mods are never going to satisfy anyone with significant performance improvement aspirations. Some are going to work fine, but there are too many out there that don't accomplish anything at all and even degrade your performance due to our ECU adjusting. Is it really worth the time, risk and aggravation for the gains they offer to be monkeying around with some $100 hack on a new $50k car? A lot of people just keep adding and adding little things to the list, and ultimately end up spending what they would have spent anyway if they went all in. If you can't go all in, you might be better off staying stock or just saving up for the next model up.

If you really care about and need the warranty, please consider this - The more you add, the more likely it will be that one of the mods that claims to be untraceable, will actually be traceable if you have a real issue and (depending upon the nature of your warranty claim) will put you in the same boat that you would have been in if you just got it done right to begin with. I can tell you for a fact that this ECU is a whole hell of a lot different in how it logs information. Not even the best of the best tuners know how to circumvent everything, and there are inherent bugs already there in every single one of our cars straight from the manufacturer. I'm not saying this mod will throw a code, but anything you add could leave a trace - even without throwing a code - if it exceeds our car's tolerances for a tracked variable. Unless you've got access to GM's diagnostic equipment, you're trusting someone's claim for a piece of equipment that's made God knows where. If you can't even get it shipped to you, does that inspire confidence?

Just do yourself a favor and stop and think about the big picture and what your goals and limitations are before you leap. A well produced video on Youtube by a friendly Camaro owner who loves tinkering with his car is just that.... my 2 cents. I hope everything works out for you for the best.
WTF does this have to do with the topic of Vitesse's customer service? I want my the 30 seconds back you just took from my life.

The1DoubleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #23
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Quote:
WTF does this have to do with the topic of Vitesse's customer service? I want my the 30 seconds back you just took from my life.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #24
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I'm sorry to Vitesse Motorsports, but whoever is involved with maintaining their user account on these forums really comes off as cold and unapologetic at times which always rubs me the wrong way. Everything is stated as mater-of-fact as if no mistakes are ever made on their part. I work in customer service, and even if a customer is blatantly wrong, you need to be sure to phrase things in a way that shows some human level of empathy even if the core message is the same.

Again, this seems to be the exact same attitude that was used when they addressed the issues with their aluminum paddle shifters for the 2010-2011 The official response back from Vitesse offered no apology or a clearer issuance of warning with their product. No admission that maybe the design was conceptually bad. All they offered was effectively a "fix" that would further force the paddle into place and potentially cause more damage. That's how head-strong they are.

This is why I have made a vow not to do business with this company anymore. People love their products because they offer a cheap sensation of performance and seem to look or work well on the face of it, but you pay for it over time. Even with their throttle controller, there are very high reports on these forums of it causing engine failure codes and forcing the car into "limp" mode. Infact, whenever I see somebody posting a thread over sudden and unexpected engine codes, generally the first response from another member is "Got a VTC?" (Vitesse Throttle Controller.) Usually this ends up being their issue. That's how common this is...

Quote:

Yeah, that post got a bit weird at a certain point. I sort of followed it up until he claimed that "bugs" in the ECU will cause you to think that mods aren't detectable by service technicians, but that they can still somehow find out you used a performance mod and will void your warranty. I have no idea where this is being cited from nor what the general key takeaway was supposed to be, lol.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Vitesse does not ship anytime except for Fridays but they won't tell you that unless you ask and threaten to file a paypal claim. The product is good the service is piss poor lazy.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote