Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-20-2021, 12:34 AM   #15
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
So I guess I have to roll the dice and take my chances on the trade value if I want one bad enough? I shouldn't complain as they were only going to give me about 22k for my 16GT the end of summer 19. The value dipped a little in the months after that, but then went up to mid-20's and now right around 30k! I had one dealer say he was confident he could give me at least 27k for my trade, but he is over 8 hours away. I also messaged one of the other dealers I was thinking of going with to see if he could give me a ballpark number, but kind of put that one on hold because he wanted the 3k deposit at first. I hadn't heard back from him yet, but maybe I should go with him because they were quoting the biggest discount. They are about 4 hours away and it sounds like they will take 2k down so not too bad I guess as long as the trade amount sounds reasonable.
Thats lot deposits LOL. I will check if that deposit is refundable and charge thru your credit card. Also bettee ask them if their dealer has mark up before you drive out that far.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:05 AM   #16
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
So I guess I have to roll the dice and take my chances on the trade value if I want one bad enough? I shouldn't complain as they were only going to give me about 22k for my 16GT the end of summer 19. The value dipped a little in the months after that, but then went up to mid-20's and now right around 30k! I had one dealer say he was confident he could give me at least 27k for my trade, but he is over 8 hours away. I also messaged one of the other dealers I was thinking of going with to see if he could give me a ballpark number, but kind of put that one on hold because he wanted the 3k deposit at first. I hadn't heard back from him yet, but maybe I should go with him because they were quoting the biggest discount. They are about 4 hours away and it sounds like they will take 2k down so not too bad I guess as long as the trade amount sounds reasonable.

Surprised because down here in my area of Florida there is a freaking GLUT of used and new Mustangs. The large Ford dealer 30 miles south of me still has new 2020 Mustang GTs sitting on their lot! base model and premiums.

Camaros hardly any new or used within 50 miles. But no shortage of the Mustang. They too have had a price increase but not nearly as much as the Camaro has.

Shocked dealer is offering that for your Mustang because I don't think you'd get that down here.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:43 AM   #17
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Thats lot deposits LOL. I will check if that deposit is refundable and charge thru your credit card. Also bettee ask them if their dealer has mark up before you drive out that far.
No way I'm paying MSRP. That one with the large deposit was saying 4% under invoice, but hasn't given me a price yet. The one a bit closer (4 hours) was saying 2% under invoice and the closest guy (3 hours) was only saying 1% under supplier cost, but his prices looked reasonable as it comes out to almost 4k off of MSRP. He goes by Robert Scat Pack which is a coincidence because that is my name and if I get a scat...but he will not give me a ballpark on my trade at the moment so I don't know what to do. I really want one, but not if there is going to be a potential of thousands of dollar difference on the trade value when the car comes in. Maybe I should start looking for a cheap beater and trade my car in while the money is good and use that for the down payment? I wouldn't get the tax savings on trade, but that would not be a huge amount anyway.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #18
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
No way I'm paying MSRP. That one with the large deposit was saying 4% under invoice, but hasn't given me a price yet. The one a bit closer (4 hours) was saying 2% under invoice and the closest guy (3 hours) was only saying 1% under supplier cost, but his prices looked reasonable as it comes out to almost 4k off of MSRP. He goes by Robert Scat Pack which is a coincidence because that is my name and if I get a scat...but he will not give me a ballpark on my trade at the moment so I don't know what to do. I really want one, but not if there is going to be a potential of thousands of dollar difference on the trade value when the car comes in. Maybe I should start looking for a cheap beater and trade my car in while the money is good and use that for the down payment? I wouldn't get the tax savings on trade, but that would not be a huge amount anyway.
Well if Dodge is giving discounts at this time then very good.

Only “selling” is really you can take advantage at this time. 2k beater is at 5k today. If you get 4k~5k more for current one, you will pay 4k~5k more for new/used vehicles today.

I sold my truck 3 months ago because we are buying a house. Soon i will need a car but looks like GM isnt good situation. I have paid 33k for my 1SS in 2018 and looks like i will have to pay 4k more than what i have paid. But i got 5k more for my truck when i sold it so its fair. My plan is order one in my budget (imo adding an options will screw me big time if things go wrong) and pray that there are some incentives at delivery (im assume 2022 will start delivering at end of year, end of year = Holidays). You can try like me if you can live without car for months.