Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-22-2018, 10:45 PM   #169
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX ZL1 View Post
A couple of sales are dependent on them taking care of you on the deal!
+1. Watching closely.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #170
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX ZL1 View Post
A couple of sales are dependent on them taking care of you on the deal!
Mine sale was but not anymore, they lost this one.

I really want this to work out for the OP, I hope it doesn't go on too much longer. Good Luck....

I'm personally finished with the idea of getting a BB exhaust sys.

It took Appereta over a month to get the cat deletes and the midpipes. Then he had to wait additional time for the cans since they were shipped separately.
Now, add the fact that they sent him a pair of redesigned cans that have issues.

If I read right it was on 9/12 when Appereta contacted them and BB said a new set of cans would be coming, I guess this will be over another month.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #171
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
Quote:

I really want this to work out for the OP, I hope it doesn't go on too much longer. Good Luck....

It took Appereta over a month to get the cat deletes and the midpipes. Then he had to wait additional time for the cans since they were shipped separately.
Now, add the fact that they sent him a pair of redesigned cans that have issues.

If I read right it was on 9/12 when Appereta contacted them and BB said a new set of cans would be coming, I guess this will be over another month.

I am kind of in the same boat, but.....

I am still waiting to see if the new/old muffler design has any reasonable sound change... I cant believe no one makes and exhaust that has no drone and npp valves that make an actual difference.....
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #172
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post

9/11 I confirmed that the cans were bad. I think I asked for replacements on the 9th, pending one more front to back inspection that I wanted to do with the car on jack stands. I haven’t written a formal review yet because I want to have some resolution. Even if the new cans are good, I’m not sure that I’d do this again. The turnaround time is really bad, but the bigger issue is that they gave me 8-10 business day ETA and gave me another bogus ETA on the replacements mufflers. I probably would have bought a different system or waited until next year if I knew it would be October before I receive my exhaust. If a set of headers showed up with my new cans, that might be the only way I’m going to be excited about my purchase.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #173
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
I am kind of in the same boat, but.....

I am still waiting to see if the new/old muffler design has any reasonable sound change... I cant believe no one makes and exhaust that has no drone and npp valves that make an actual difference.....
This system definitely drones but it’s tolerable. Not enjoyable, but tolerable.

NPP makes almost no difference at idle and when cruising. It makes a small but noticeable difference when driving hard and high revs.

Last edited by Aperretta; 09-23-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #174
Goldfish

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
This system definitely drones but it’s tolerable. Not enjoyable, but tolerable.

NPP makes almost no difference at idle and when cruising. It makes a small but noticeable difference when driving hard and high revs.
So, just to recap. Delivery was slow. Mufflers buzzed. Replacement dates also missed. NPP has very little impact. It drones. It's one of the most expensive cat-backs you can buy.

Wow. What a colossal disappointment.
Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #175
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
So, just to recap. Delivery was slow. Mufflers buzzed. Replacement dates also missed. NPP has very little impact. It drones. It's one of the most expensive cat-backs you can buy.

Wow. What a colossal disappointment.
If due date was achieved and mufflers weren't defective, I would point attention to the sound being really nice. I could appreciate a little more volume and growl out of the system, but it does sound good. The NPP valves and drone would be livable. Just trying to give good feedback where it is due. However, 50 business days and no good mufflers is a big problem.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #176
Aperretta

Quote:
If due date was achieved and mufflers weren't defective, I would point attention to the sound being really nice. I could appreciate a little more volume and growl out of the system, but it does sound good. The NPP valves and drone would be livable. Just trying to give good feedback where it is due. However, 50 business days and no good mufflers is a big problem.
I contacted BB and mufflers are supposed to ship tomorrow. This is what they told me last Wednesday. Does anyone think it would be outrageous for me to demand they take the system back if they miss another due date? I paid on CC so I can dispute if needed. I’m getting worried that they are screwing with me and I’m going to be stuck with garbage. I need someone to talk me down or tell me I’m not being unreasonable.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #177
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I contacted BB and mufflers are supposed to ship tomorrow. This is what they told me last Wednesday. Does anyone think it would be outrageous for me to demand they take the system back if they miss another due date? I paid on CC so I can dispute if needed. I’m getting worried that they are screwing with me and I’m going to be stuck with garbage. I need someone to talk me down or tell me I’m not being unreasonable.
I don't think it's unreasonable at all. You're giving them the chance to fix the issue. If it's something along the lines of them not knowing exactly why the buzzing is happening and/or they need more time to figure it out then they need to be honest and upfront about it, rather than stringing you along. Deadlines not being met in the automotive industry isn't unheard of, in fact is common, however when they aren't able to meet the deadline time after time and are giving you false promises then that's a major problem.

Customer Experience/Service and Quality Control should be their top priority. When there's an issue, they should put the other manufacturing on halt and move you to the top of the list to make things right.

If it were me, I would give them until tomorrow (maybe the end of the week if you're feeling nice) and tell them to take the system back if it's not met. If they give you a hard time, go for the dispute route with your CC company.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #178
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
I never heard a borla that I really liked

here is a clip of the billy boat

I just want to hear how it sounds in touring and stealth not just open valve
plus any other feedback
Sounds good, but they really should have gotten rid of the check engine light.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #179
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
I see a lot of threads about exhaust, what h.p. gains can be made with headers & cat back exhaust on a 376ci engine?
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #180
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
I see a lot of threads about exhaust, what h.p. gains can be made with headers & cat back exhaust on a 376ci engine?
Don’t expect much from just exhaust. I think I’ve seen others post around 5hp and 10 tq. I feel like my car is slightly more responsive than stock and may have a tad more power but it’s not enough to know if I’m just associating more noise with more performance.

Last edited by Aperretta; 09-25-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #181
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
I never heard a borla that I really liked

here is a clip of the billy boat

I just want to hear how it sounds in touring and stealth not just open valve
plus any other feedback

I think Stock NPP sounds similar just not as loud. Extremely raspy.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 09-25-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: dd
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #182
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I think Flowmasters offer the best sound and Value. Less rasp.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote