Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #967
97CamaroLT4

Drives: 1996 Camaro LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Love the new tail lights, and love the fact they smoothed out the crease on the rear fascia.

The whole rear looks miles better than the outgoing version in my opinion

I prefer the pre refresh tail lights but I'm sure these will be fine. what the hell is with that character line across the bottom of the bumper? Why?
97CamaroLT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #968
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CamaroLT4 View Post
I never liked the original 5th gen (still have a 3rd and 4th gen). When the 2014 was revealed I fell in love and bought that - then it was killed. Now I was waiting for the refresh but have decided I will find myself a 2018 SS1LE or ZL1 before it is too late. Hate the small hoot extractor, The front is awful on the SS and the taillights on the 16-18 I think are really nice. I dont have any skin in the game as I don't own a 6th Gen but I can tell you I hate this refresh while the 5th gen refresh got me into a 5th gen.
The original fifth gen was ok, but the tail lights looked like a last minute afterthought. When they did the refresh in '14 I thought it was a huge but subtle improvement. The front seemed meaner, more streamlined and they fixed the tail lights.
With the sixth gen they hit it out of the park, looked good at every angle, then this. They seemed to soften the front, make it more import appearing, and the prescription lens tail lights looks like a pair of Minion.

Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #969
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post

🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man this one is too funny lol!
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #970
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanarchy View Post
The rear lower bumpers are very close in design theme.

Its like they took the mustang and the challenger and made this bag of vomit.
After this disappointment I might not even wait for the 7th gen and hop over to a corvette.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #971
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
The hood alone is one of the best improvements on this refresh, and that is what this is, a refresh. Any and all refresh of vehicles are met with a measure of negativity, I never liked the 2011 Charger and still have a hard time with the 2015 Charger models, but somehow it is growing on me. BTW, I only have a Charger because of work, but I am a true Camaro guy. Always will be. I took a third look at the photos of the 2019 Camaro SS refresh and while, initially, it does look somewhat weird, I would still buy it. I am a performance minded type of guy and looks or aesthetics never really mattered to me, so long it can "turn and burn", or "whoa and go". You performance guys know what I mean.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #972
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Nope.

This is the same stupid logic that the 5th Gen Pre-Fresh owners said about the 2014's..it wasn't true then..

And it's not true now.

But by all means, if it helps you sleep better, believe what you will.
WOW..........I'm sure glad I don't have to live next door to someone like this. Calling someone stupid for a simple comment is well........STUPID!!!! Man I hate it when I sink to such a low level. It's crap like the above comments that keep people with ideas, questions or thoughts (good or bad) from posting. Maybe next time......."hey dude probably not"
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #973
RobC2

Drives: 2023 Tesla Model 3P
Usually these updates take a little time to grow on me. I am not sure this one will though. It does look a little better than when I first saw it, but the front is just unbalanced and unattractive. I don't think time is going to change that. I may be in for one of the last ZL1s of this generation since they are not changing the front and the rear looks okay. I know it is going to be a while, but I would really love to see where they go with the next generation after this.
RobC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #974
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The 5th gen when it launched was like driving a concept car on the road.

I'd like to see Chevrolet do that again with the 7th gen.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #975
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The 5th gen when it launched was like driving a concept car on the road.

I'd like to see Chevrolet do that again with the 7th gen.
That's a great way to describe how they originally knocked it out of the park.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #976
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow ! That close up doesnt help. I feel really bad for hating this design. Its a shame.
Glad the ZL1 is staying the same.

Edit: that's going to be a mother to clean too, and i bet the paint doesnt hold up on those sharp points and angles on the fingers. Probably snag your wash mitt on it too.

Styling is so subjective. I still cringe when I see a ZL1 on the road, I just don't like it one bit. I'll save y'all the details, but I dislike it for the same general reasons I dislike the new SS front it's unnecessarly over the top and unattractive.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #977
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I would never ask them to give me inside info, so what I say next is my POV, without any discussions with anyone I know at GM.

Can they make changes? They could probably make a decision to offer body color on the black bar. Quite frankly, with the fingers where they are, I doubt it would look better and probably would look worse.

I seriously doubt anything can or will be done to remove / relocate the flow tie. I’m pretty sure it is where it is to optimize additional airflow and/or cooling underhood. Depending on what the manufacturing process is for the bumper bar, removing the flowtie could be non-trivial. It’s one thing to remove a tool from a die. Completely different to re-engineer a mold.
Never noticed until now but the bow tie is in that location on a lot of product so I think its about design language more than function. It has to make a miniscule difference in air flow.

I've acclimated to the SS completely and have not problem with the flow tie. I daily drive my 16 SS blade spoiler so ...if Chevy offered to swap me into a 19 I'll gladly be rolling advertisement for them. So folks and be exposed to it.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #978
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
WOW..........I'm sure glad I don't have to live next door to someone like this. Calling someone stupid for a simple comment is well........STUPID!!!! Man I hate it when I sink to such a low level. It's crap like the above comments that keep people with ideas, questions or thoughts (good or bad) from posting. Maybe next time......."hey dude probably not"
I didn't call YOU stupid, I called the logic stupid. It's stupid logic because it's been shown to not be the case time and time again. A person can be smart but exercise stupid logic to arrive at a conclusion..this is one of those times.

If you want to take it personal, that's fine, go ahead..but that's on you, not me.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #979
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The flowtie can't be that critical for airflow. As others have stated, for the unfortunate people that will have to have front plates on the car, thats going to block airlfow you cant tell me the flowtie makes that much of a difference
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #980
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!