Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ever encountered a Ford Jerk!

Stopped at the store on way home, parked in the back away from everyone. On my way out I notice a POS truck beside my car in the back of the parking lot. I mean this is a mid 80's ford f250 work truck that is rusted and hasn't been cleaned since bought. I am thinking, he is close to me. Get up to my car just have enough room to squeeze in. Again parking lot 25% full maybe and all up near the front. There were 20 parking spaces closer. I have never encountered hatred like that towards a brand.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
Just jerks in general. More so with my 5th gen because there were not many on the road back then as there are now. I would park far away in the lots only to come out with some idiot right next to me. Probably in my head but I would always notice a new small scratch or small ding after those encounters.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #3
77vetter

Drives: 17 Red Hot RS Convertible
Thats terrible, I hope there wasnt any damage?
77vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
I've encountered lots of jerks. Coming home from work today I had some kid in an early 5th gen V6 tailgating the hell out of me - like, so close I couldn't see the base of his windshield in the ISRV) - for a few miles of one lane each way and no shoulder roads, despite going 5 over the limit (which is about what I do anyway, and the cars in front of me made that as fast as I could go regardless). If he was trying to prove something about himself or his ride it didn't work, since as soon as I got to a two lane road and found a hole I punched it and that was the end of that idiot.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This reads like your anger is focused on the thing instead of the human. A-holes drive every brand of car out there. Even some Camaro owners are A-holes believe it or not. Look at the drughead in the other thread that just killed three people with his Camaro. Does that make you hate Camaros?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Printman View Post
Stopped at the store on way home, parked in the back away from everyone. On my way out I notice a POS truck beside my car in the back of the parking lot. I mean this is a mid 80's ford f250 work truck that is rusted and hasn't been cleaned since bought. I am thinking, he is close to me. Get up to my car just have enough room to squeeze in. Again parking lot 25% full maybe and all up near the front. There were 20 parking spaces closer. I have never encountered hatred like that towards a brand.
Maybe that old truck is from an unemployed dude with no money and they wanted to see the Camaro up close and personal because they like it.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Pretty standard. Lot is empty and you park far away and someone pulls up right next to you. World is full of them....
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #8
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
That happens to me also at church. There is no farther spot, there are at least 100 spots and he parks right next to me. Always far enough away from my door and no damage, but I am thinking, maybe I am parking in "his" spot that he always parks in. It is a POS Honda suv, has not ben washed all last year.

But I will keep taking it until I find a better spot or should I just take two spots. That sometimes brings out the keys.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
I don't know if that's a ford jerk, just a standard jerk. I have that happen whenever I park at the end of a parking lot
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
Finkleson

Drives: 16 2ss, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Grey A8
It happens everywhere you go, no matter how far or big open parking lot you go. There's always going to be *that person* who will always park next to you. Here a pic of my Camaro being sandwich, I usually park where that F150, but i was 10-20min late to the gym that day. Btw that CRV / Civic wasn't there when i parked. So all these open slot didn't stop them parking next to me.
Attached Images

Finkleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Pretty standard. Lot is empty and you park far away and someone pulls up right next to you. World is full of them....
^This! Just a sad fact there a lot of ****tards in the world. Been going on forever regardless of what brand car I have at the time. I could be a 2 minute walk from the nearest car in a huge mall lot and 1/2 the time I come out and some douche will have a hoopty parked nice and close.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #12
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
I guess statistically speaking, most people don't see autos the way enthusiasts like us see them. It probably doesn't even occur to them that parking next to/close to a car would bother someone.
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Yep, have had it happen a couple times. So far, no one has come close enough for me to worry, but I just don't get it.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #14
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Im starting to believe its a pack mentality thing,wher people subconciously see safety in numbers,ive noticed this a lot at work where all the spots in front of the store will be empty and people will choose to park next to each other on one side or the other all in nice and tight. Where usually you see everybody fighting for the spots right up front,maybe im reading to much into it but i see a pattern
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote