Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I'll be barely done paying off the car by then, lol.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #16
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, that's good news....Four more years....Perhaps this would be a good reminder to all the doom-and-gloomers that are sure the Camaro will get canceled right away after every month's sales numbers are posted...lol...
Right, because no company in history has ever spent any R&D on a product that didn't actually ship.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #17
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Corvette C7 is the LAST front-engine Corvette EVER.

With the Corvette C8 moving upmarket to mid-engine exotic territory and price, the front-engine RWD Camaro will be just fine through the 7th gen.

After 7th gen - this:

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #18
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I've driven a Model S P90D. Acceleration is faster and much different than my SS convertible. Car is a hoot to drive.
It's a hoot to drive in a straight line when you have a full/somewhat full battery.

Other than that, they have a long way to go to match the overall experience of even a Camaro LS/LT.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #19
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Planning ahead is the way it goes in the auto sector.
We are planned up to 2025 for Honda.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
It's a hoot to drive in a straight line when you have a full/somewhat full battery.

Other than that, they have a long way to go to match the overall experience of even a Camaro LS/LT.
Handling is pretty good, too. Different, but very good.

I slalommed the beast on GM's Black Lake at Milford Proving Grounds. No pylons were killed. Having a humongous battery under the floor gives it a very low center of gravity. Having no engine in the "frunk" makes it easy to get a 50/50 weight balance. It feels different than doing slalom in a Vette or Camaro, but good times are easier to achieve.

Also got to play with it on the road in the real world for a while. It is a VERY capable car. Here it is in the driveway with my wife's Volt. They had to share the power plug for a few days.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #21
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Corvette C7 is the LAST front-engine Corvette EVER.

With the Corvette C8 moving upmarket to mid-engine exotic territory and price, the front-engine RWD Camaro will be just fine through the 7th gen.

There is a lot of speculation going on now about the future of the Corvette. Some believe the mid engine car will be priced around where the Vette is now.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #22
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
There is a lot of speculation going on now about the future of the Corvette. Some believe the mid engine car will be priced around where the Vette is now.
That makes sense, you know.. Since wages are down and unemployment is up. SO increase the price! It's just science.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #23
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Do not be surprised. Also could be a smaller ICE with strong electric motors. Check out the Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsc...id-first-ride/

671 combined hp (ICE + eMotors) .... 0-60 in 3.2s. Even a ZL1 will be in for a surprise pulling up to the light with one of these discreet killers at a SoCal stoplight.

Then there is the Tesla Model S and the soon to come Faraday Future 991. Pure electrics that can achieve sub-3s 0-60 if the conditions are right (sufficient state of charge, ambient temperature, electric drive system temperature, etc). I've driven a Model S P90D. Acceleration is faster and much different than my SS convertible. Car is a hoot to drive.
But without the intoxicating sound of the V8? Not interested - hearing my car's exhaust tone is as important to me as rapid acceleration. Whomever comes up with an integrated sound box for the electrics that mimics the internal combustion music is gong to make a fortune!
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #24
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2742 View Post
But without the intoxicating sound of the V8? Not interested - hearing my car's exhaust tone is as important to me as rapid acceleration. Whomever comes up with an integrated sound box for the electrics that mimics the internal combustion music is gong to make a fortune!
I'll just leave this right here.....

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 07-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #25
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfiles View Post
Yep, I recently drove a friend's P100D. Unreal acceleration and impressive cornering because the CG is so low. As much as I hate to admit and will fight it, electric cars are the future lol
maybe. they are quick, but you know, i just took my good old Camaro on an 1800 mile road trip, good luck doing that in Tesla. i mean it can be done if you can find superchrging stations and don't mind the extra 30 to 40% drive time.

oh and Tesla couldnt get around nurburgring one time under full driving loads.

yes they are quick, but still take my rwd v8 for now.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #26
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I'll just leave this right here.....
That sounds like crap. I've heard better engine sounds replicated in 99 cent racing games for mobile phones.

I don't think they know how engines work. The fake engine noise gets higher in RPMs during whats supposed to be an upshift. What?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #27
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
maybe. they are quick, but you know, i just took my good old Camaro on an 1800 mile road trip, good luck doing that in Tesla. i mean it can be done if you can find superchrging stations and don't mind the extra 30 to 40% drive time.

oh and Tesla couldnt get around nurburgring one time under full driving loads.

yes they are quick, but still take my rwd v8 for now.
The point is not whether Tesla or any other electric can do everything a Camaro can do. The point is, the days of electric vehicles being tiny little ugly snails that can't get out of their own way are over. Most people don't take their car to the Nurburgring and will never know (or care) that the Tesla can't get around it at full load.

Today, electric cars are freaky fast, loaded with luxury content, look pretty darn good, and can travel about 300 miles on a charge on the very rare times people actually want to do that (about 6 times a year for me). And they continue to improve on all aspects through competitive development.

Electrification on some level is a very real consideration for future generations of Camaro, whether it is an electric motor to add power to a downsized ICE (Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid, next gen Nissan GT-R) or a full-blown all-electric option calibrated for performance (Tesla P100D, FF 991 or Lucid Air)

Old 07-21-2017, 06:46 AM   #28
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Handling is pretty good, too. Different, but very good.

I slalommed the beast on GM's Black Lake at Milford Proving Grounds. No pylons were killed. Having a humongous battery under the floor gives it a very low center of gravity. Having no engine in the "frunk" makes it easy to get a 50/50 weight balance. It feels different than doing slalom in a Vette or Camaro, but good times are easier to achieve.

Also got to play with it on the road in the real world for a while. It is a VERY capable car. Here it is in the driveway with my wife's Volt. They had to share the power plug for a few days.
I will say I really like them could be the 1st NON GM car I ever own.