#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
FWIW, It appears the PDR does not require NAV based on the GMCONNECT ordering process I went through with my dealer last week. We did it both with and without NAV and the PDR was enabled for selection either way.
If it's like Corvette build. The Nav is integrated in to the PDR option and both audio systems are listed as 0.00. You tick the PDR, it ticks the other Audio at 0.00.

But, it could still be two separate options as noted. That would be very interesting indeed if PDR didn't include Nav by default.

Don't suppose they had option prices listed?

Last edited by HumanWiki; 08-29-2016 at 04:01 PM.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #16
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
If it's like Corvette build. The Nav is integrated in to the PDR option and both audio systems are listed as 0.00. You tick the PDR, it ticks the other Audio at 0.00.

But, it could still be two separate options as noted. That would be very interesting indeed if PDR didn't include Nav by default.

Don't suppose they had option prices listed?
(I06) Radio With Infotainment and Connectivity and Navigation
(UQT) Performance data and Video Recorder

No price but clearly independent of each other in the build process on GM GlobalConnect.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #17
HumanWiki

Quote:
(I06) Radio With Infotainment and Connectivity and Navigation
(UQT) Performance data and Video Recorder

No price but clearly independent of each other in the build process on GM GlobalConnect.
Right, I see the RPO codes for them. I guess my question is. If you have PDR, but don't opt for Nav... You still need all the GPS hardware for the car, because that's how PDR builds the track map you see in the upper left in the videos.

On the Corvettes, when you select PDR it auto adds in the Nav system as part of it (it changes the radio button from Audio System to Audio System) and the only way you see the difference in them is if you click the link and read the pop-up bubble.

It would just seem silly to me, to allow a GPS based PDR system, but it have 0 Navigation function. At that point, the only thing you're not getting is the built-in maps and that's just software blocks stored in on-board memory.

Which is why I was asking that.. Since we can't see all the specifics or prices yet, so much of this is guess work and that's kinda bad on GM's part. They really need to get better with this whole price and data release thing.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 PM   #18
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Right, I see the RPO codes for them. I guess my question is. If you have PDR, but don't opt for Nav... You still need all the GPS hardware for the car, because that's how PDR builds the track map you see in the upper left in the videos.

On the Corvettes, when you select PDR it auto adds in the Nav system as part of it (it changes the radio button from Audio System to Audio System) and the only way you see the difference in them is if you click the link and read the pop-up bubble.

It would just seem silly to me, to allow a GPS based PDR system, but it have 0 Navigation function. At that point, the only thing you're not getting is the built-in maps and that's just software blocks stored in on-board memory.

Which is why I was asking that.. Since we can't see all the specifics or prices yet, so much of this is guess work and that's kinda bad on GM's part. They really need to get better with this whole price and data release thing.
Agreed. My buddies Vette was one option NAV w/ PDR so I absolutely get it that is why we did it both ways and it worked with or without NAV. Other items would not work however like ECF hood w/ center stripe (one or the other but not both) so the system seems to be check dependencies on some things at least. When we went to submit the order (knowing it would not go through but just wanted to see what would happen) it came back with a few things we had to clean up (selecting A10 or interior CF gave errors) but the PDR / NAV requirement was not one. May change on Sept 8th though. Who knows??
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #19
HumanWiki

Quote:
Agreed. My buddies Vette was one option NAV w/ PDR so I absolutely get it that is why we did it both ways and it worked with or without NAV. Other items would not work however like ECF hood w/ center stripe (one or the other but not both) so the system seems to be check dependencies on some things at least. When we went to submit the order (knowing it would not go through but just wanted to see what would happen) it came back with a few things we had to clean up (selecting A10 give or interior CF gave errors) but the PDR / NAV requirement was not one. May change on Sept 8th though. Who knows??
Hmmmm.....

Sometimes trying to figure out what is or isn't required or paired make me

LOL.

Guess we'll see. I'm stuck on A10 anyways, so by the time I can even order, I'll know how that PDR thing pairs and costs.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #20
Obsessed 17

Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
Wider front fenders, better mag ride than 2ss, different settings (e.g., competition mode, etc).
Old 08-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #21
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed 17 View Post
Wider front fenders, better mag ride than 2ss, different settings (e.g., competition mode, etc).
Better MRC? I haven't heard anything about it being different...maybe I missed something?
Old 08-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #22
Obsessed 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS1 View Post
Better MRC? I haven't heard anything about it being different...maybe I missed something?
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...08-camaro.html

This is the best i could find. Maybe i misintrepreted fe4 suspension for a better mag ride system. However, i know the atsv got a next gen mag ride system and would think the zl1 would get that too. If im wrong some please correct me.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #23
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed 17 View Post
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...08-camaro.html

This is the best i could find. Maybe i misintrepreted fe4 suspension for a better mag ride system. However, i know the atsv got a next gen mag ride system and would think the zl1 would get that too. If im wrong some please correct me.
6th gen has the latest gen MRC on it. They haven't come out with a new yet. The software however does offer more settings within modes which could maybe considered an update but I will add that once we get it confirmed via pictures or videos. None have been released or shown yet. Looking for concrete evidence of stuff before I add it. Nothing personal!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #24
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Let's see the picture!
Have to wait on that. My boy knocked over my computer and now I get the long steady beep with black screen.....have to get that fixed.
The pic I have is from the factory tour, the red one that was under the tent.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #25
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I did a little searching but I'm still not clear, what is the difference between the FE3 and FE4 suspension. Can anyone explain this?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #26
Obsessed 17

Here is a reference to atsv mag ride gen.

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...atsv/2016.html
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #27
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post

Please do share because I did not see a crimp on ANY of the ZL1's that were in Michigan during the 50th event (They were CTF so who knows). Yep, I did crawl under it and check it. It is possible though, the reason behind the crimps is for convertible xbraces to fit and to eliminate any drone (straight from Camaro team).

Wow... Yes...it took me a month to get my computer fixed...
To convenient to have tablets everywhere in the house....

here is the pic
Attached Images

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #28
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Wow, looks almost pinched off!