Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #71
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
Funny thing, I've owned a Camaro and a Challenger, never a mustang. I'd grab another Camaro or Challenger again in a hot second if I had room in the driveway. Camaro - fast, great looking and youthful. Challenger - attention getter, fast for it's size, roomy. Mustang does nothing for me, never has. I think Chevy is headed in the right direction, don't make the non SS models feel like "penalty boxes", nobody wants to feel like they settled.
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #72
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
It's true. Since it's so close to the 5th Gen styling, it's stale and long in the tooth to potential buyers. It's hasn't aged as gracefully as the Challenger.

6th Gen is a fine looking automobile. Look at those lines.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #73
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
LOL...pretty sure 99% of the people would disagree with your looks comment....

Wow....thats beautiful...anyone not liking that is probably a troll here driving a Toyota Camry.
Chevy's problem is Marketing. Cars don't just sell themselves anymore like a 69 396 Chevelle would.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #74
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
camaro to sell

this solves all problems : stripped down V8 with no bells and whistles for $29,999...only option to be auto or manual, that's it! No brainer! that will get people on the lot and buying! Then when they are on the lot, they can add on options..
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:34 PM   #75
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
At the beginning of my car search, I always found myself reading more about scat packs and less about Camaros. Two reasons: perceived high cost of Camaro and the false idea that the camaro was unattractive. I have a confession to make, I didn’t know there was 6g, which in mo is more attractive than 5g!! I feel like there’s not enough of them on the street to notice them. Most are 5g. Also very few commercials on tv as others have stated. Once I realized there was a 6g and that it looked very good, I actually started to research the car more.
Agree. The lack of marketing and poor naming schemes are big reasons for poor sales. Price is a factor, but look at how many V6 Challengers are sold riding on the Hellcat brand. Dodge nailed it with the Hellcat. That name means more than Challenger. Non-car people know a Hellcat is the big dog muscle car. Only diehard car-people know what a ZL1 is, let alone a 1LE. To most people it's a Camaro. Why do people know what a Hellcat is and not a ZL1? Marketing and brand positioning.

Chevy would do well to put the LT5 in the Camaro and call it the Exorcist or Voodoo or Witch or Angel or something not alpha-numeric. Maybe the Z/28 but I think the name carries too much legacy and should be something new. Up the boost to 800HP and beat Dodge at their own game. Be the big dog and earn the brand recognition.

Edit: Call it the Devildog. Throw it in Dodge's face. Give it the numbers to back it up. And add race-only off-road use only electric exhaust dumps. And give it race-mode only lumpy cam sound. Just for show, but it would work.

Last edited by 6sigma; 09-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:52 PM   #76
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
fake news
Old 09-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #77
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You guys remain hilarious. Listen to yourselves without the "my baby is perfect" thoughts in your head.

"If you drive it like a panel van with no rear windows, you can learn to get used to it if you just position the mirrors properly". or "I've driven worse".

It's a thing guys and for some it's a problem. GM will never share the "reasons for not buying". In fact GM has historically been bad at even addressing it internally. But being able to see out of the car is what make the car feel more open. It's a feeling. And people buy cars on feelings.

Name another product you would consider buying that when you first used it your impression was negative and someone tried to convince you "you'll get used to it".

Also there is a HUGE difference between Direct Vision and Indirect Vision (mirrors and cameras).

I do some of this for a living guys, even wrote a thesis on it years ago. It's a thing.
It definitely is a thing. My non-car guy buddy test drove one today because he loves the way they look. First thing he said after the test drive was "my God, visibility in there was terrible". He didn't see how I could drive one every day. I told him that I understood what he meant but it wasnt an issue for me at all.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 AM   #78
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
When I bought my 2011 2SS, nor when I upgraded to a 2013 ZL1 (both convertibles), did I even think of or consider the limited visibility issues, and the fact that they were\are convertibles had nothing to do with dismissing the visibility issues.

I just loved the cars as they were and adapted to their idiosyncrasies.

BTW, I understand that the new 19's will have a rather large rear view mirror that is fed by cameras thus providing a much wider rear view?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:29 AM   #79
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
But ... spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
BTW, I understand that the new 19's will have a rather large rear view mirror that is fed by cameras thus providing a much wider rear view?
The RCM isn't offered on the trims that matter for sales volume (<$30k). It's SS and up only. Which is a total marketing fail, IMO. If they really cared about addressing visibility they'd offer it as an available RPO on every trim.

From the playbook:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525673

Quote:
NEW REAR CAMERA MIRROR1
For 2019, Camaro 2SS and ZL1 will add a Rear Camera Mirror (RCM). Compared
to a traditional inside rearview mirror, this RCM display is designed to provide a
wider, less-obstructed field of view to assist when driving, changing lanes and
checking for vehicles and traffic conditions. Unlike an inside rearview mirror, the
view provided by the RCM is unobstructed by the vehicle’s pillars, decklid, roof,
head restraints and rear-seat occupants. The RCM uses a rear-looking camera
with 1920 x 1080 resolution located in the rear of Camaro, packaged into the
spoiler.
The RCM offers the following functionality:
• Drivers can pull the tab under the inside rearview mirror toward them to switch
from a traditional mirror view (reflective surface) to a RCM view and back
• The brightness, zoom and vertical tilt of the RCM can be adjusted using three
buttons (mode, down and up) located on the right underside of the mirror
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:40 AM   #80
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
When I bought my 2011 2SS, nor when I upgraded to a 2013 ZL1 (both convertibles), did I even think of or consider the limited visibility issues, and the fact that they were\are convertibles had nothing to do with dismissing the visibility issues.

I just loved the cars as they were and adapted to their idiosyncrasies.

I have recently rented a Chevy that had the rear view mirror camera.... it was awesome! In the rear view mirror the whole mirror was a video screen showing a panoramic view of EVERYTHING from behind the bumper. It was full time, not just in reverse gear. Much better and easier the use than the reverse gear view I get now in my ‘17.
I also think an added front view for parking would help protect my splitter from hitting parking curbs that are oversized....
At the end of the day, I Want a healthy effort from GM to keep the Camaro thriving.
Because I never want to have ‘My Little Pony’ on my grill.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:47 AM   #81
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I have recently rented a Chevy that had the rear view mirror camera.... it was awesome! In the rear view mirror the whole mirror was a video screen showing a panoramic view of EVERYTHING from behind the bumper. It was full time, not just in reverse gear. Much better and easier the use than the reverse gear view I get now in my ‘17.
I also think an added front view for parking would help protect my splitter from hitting parking curbs that are oversized....
At the end of the day, I Want a healthy effort from GM to keep the Camaro thriving.
Because I never want to have ‘My Little Pony’ on my grill.
With regards to the front view for parking, ever since I bought my 2013 ZL1, I've had chances several times to talk to various GM engineers, asking them to at least install simple ultrasonic sensors on the front just like the ones currently on the rear, to sense getting close to parking curbs.

They already have the sensors on the back, why not add a few to the front that would be active at very low speeds?

As you can tell, my multiple requests have so far failed. All they will tell me is that I should just learn how to park my car.

And that was regarding simple beeping sensors, let alone a video view.

Maybe some day ????
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #82
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I'll be amazed if the 2019 SS helps the situation. Although millennials are starting to make enough money for toys. Maybe that is what GM is banking on. Someone should be looking at what Fiat is doing with the Challenger and take note. A chassis design that has been out since 2005 is still kicking ass heading into 2019. That's funny.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #83
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
If you are looking a a Velo Star or whatever its called over an SS Camaro then you are just a Honda Civic type of guy anyway.
Those two cars are not in the same category. The discussion touched on a lack of success in the lower priced models. The veloster turbo models are not in competition with the SS, but they are with the LS/LT.

I had very little interest in the 5th gen Camaro. I've always owned a RWD sports car. The 6th gen's focus on handling and size/weight reduction made it appeal to a wider audience that might not have been interested in past models. They should be capitalizing on these strengths.
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #84
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I love have people think the Gen6 Camaro is a lightweight sports car. While it's lighter than the Gen5, it's still a tank. So now we're comparing it to Hondas just because it comes with a 4banger option? Maybe GM should kill it. What a shame.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote