#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-22-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Or...be born to wealthy parents. Not have to go to work which therefore affords you the time to make YT videos of you enjoying the cars you didn't have to work hard for to buy. Make more money off of suckers who can't afford the car and just think you're the shit but don't know that you ducked people who you were afraid to race. Smash a ZR1. And keep at it. Not hatin. Good for him that he can have these things. I, on the other hand go to work and don't have time to make YT videos. But I wouldn't mind going at it a few rounds with him in either of my cars once I get some good mods on them. That is if I don't trade up for a Redeye, Z06, ZR1, GTR...
A couple of things and I don't want to start an argument but if you're speaking about Nick, he was not born to rich parents, he works like some 60-80 hours a week in a steel mill while running his YouTube channel (Which if you're doing 3-5 videos a week is a full time job). He works very hard for the two cars he has so sometimes you can't blame him when he loses in front of half a million people. He also never crashed a ZR1. Maybe you're speaking of another automotive YouTuber I don't know about. YouTube past a few videos a month gets very time consuming especially when you've got to actually make quality content, lengthy videos (10+ minutes, talking doesn't count), and good editing. Many full time YouTubers work more hours than your average 9-5 Joe.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #16
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
A couple of things and I don't want to start an argument but if you're speaking about Nick, he was not born to rich parents, he works like some 60-80 hours a week in a steel mill while running his YouTube channel (Which if you're doing 3-5 videos a week is a full time job). He works very hard for the two cars he has so sometimes you can't blame him when he loses in front of half a million people. He also never crashed a ZR1. Maybe you're speaking of another automotive YouTuber I don't know about. YouTube past a few videos a month gets very time consuming especially when you've got to actually make quality content, lengthy videos (10+ minutes, talking doesn't count), and good editing. Many full time YouTubers work more hours than your average 9-5 Joe.
Yeah, dislike his online persona all you want but you can’t pull the “he doesn’t work hard” excuse just because he has more than you. Reads very petty and insecure anyways.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #17
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Was just gonna say that, he works in steel mill, which isn't easy work.

But there are others that just have money and make videos of them living like kings, which people watch, which results in them making more money. In some cases, obscene amounts of money. Nick isn't one of those cases though.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #18
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Or...be born to wealthy parents. Not have to go to work which therefore affords you the time to make YT videos of you enjoying the cars you didn't have to work hard for to buy. Make more money off of suckers who can't afford the car and just think you're the shit but don't know that you ducked people who you were afraid to race. Smash a ZR1. And keep at it. Not hatin. Good for him that he can have these things. I, on the other hand go to work and don't have time to make YT videos. But I wouldn't mind going at it a few rounds with him in either of my cars once I get some good mods on them. That is if I don't trade up for a Redeye, Z06, ZR1, GTR...
Wtf are you talking about?! Literally everything you said about the man is wrong. I see how so much false information gets around nowadays.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #19
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
It was this video that first turned me on to the ZL1 and the A10.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLGv5lKCPY (start at 7:46)
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #20
20181le

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE Coming Soon!
Amazing what people can do anymore. I have trouble ripping taking something as balanced as a zl1 to be honest. It’s already enough for most
20181le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #21
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I’m all about the hobby but I have better things to do with my time than watch Dollar Shave Club plugs so he can drive badass cars. Seriously, is it really worth watching this guy shave and plug razors to get that kind of content? What a joke

Last edited by ramairroughneck; 08-23-2018 at 10:07 AM.
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #22
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
I'm not a fan of his. And I'm not sure of what is soo special about him that someone thinks we need to be talking about him in the first place..
Never said anything about talking about Nick, it was his car I was concerned with.....

Also, I believe you have him confused with a guy that looks like him and is also a youtuber and drives vettes and recently picked up a ZR1....not that I'm a huge fan, I do watch his vids on occasion and he def works crazy hours...
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
Wtf are you talking about?! Literally everything you said about the man is wrong. I see how so much false information gets around nowadays.
It is possible that I got him mixed up with someone else. For the longest time I kept getting mixed up between him and guitarmeggedon. And I don't like that dude. So I might have gotten some things wrong. But regardless, he did race my friend with the blue supercharged SS at C-Fest. And there were a few people at C-Fest who said that he is a cocky SOB. Maybe he was having an off day or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
Never said anything about talking about Nick, it was his car I was concerned with.....

Also, I believe you have him confused with a guy that looks like him and is also a youtuber and drives vettes and recently picked up a ZR1....not that I'm a huge fan, I do watch his vids on occasion and he def works crazy hours...
Yea I keep getting them two dudes mixed up. I don't like either of them but that is mainly because the other dude is an asshole and when I first saw Nick's videos I thought he was the same guy. Oh well. At least I can stomach Nick a little better than the other guy.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #24
Can'tHave2MuchHP

The "other guy" never crashed a ZR1 though. He bought VIN #04, flipped it, and then bought another one that was identical except fully specced with the ZTK option and I believe he just sold that for a profit to fund his McLaren 600LT purchase.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
The "other guy" never crashed a ZR1 though. He bought VIN #04, flipped it, and then bought another one that was identical except fully specced with the ZTK option and I believe he just sold that for a profit to fund his McLaren 600LT purchase.
One of them dudes either crashed a ZR1 or blew the engine or something. I know something happened with one of them and a ZR1...or maybe it was a Z06 but I'm almost 100% sure it was a ZR1. I remember the comments in the video calling him a spoiled rich kid or something to that effect. Doesn't he have a 520S or some shit...??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
One of them dudes either crashed a ZR1 or blew the engine or something. I know something happened with one of them and a ZR1...or maybe it was a Z06 but I'm almost 100% sure it was a ZR1. I remember the comments in the video calling him a spoiled rich kid or something to that effect. Doesn't he have a 520S or some shit...??
Nope, zero damage to either of his ZR1s. He had 2 C7 Z06s and the first one was a manual with like 1100 RWTQ on 200 Shot and the diff broke. It was restored by Katech. His next C7 Z06 was a RPM Procharger build and again, nothing wrong with he just decided to sell it. As mentioned, two ZR1s with zero damage/problems. He has a McLaren 570S that is straight piped and tuned, also zero crashes with that. He's currently building a C6 drag car called "Grandpa". That's about it from StreetSpeed717.

I don't know of anybody crashing a C7 Z06 or C7 ZR1. I only know that SRT Mush crashed his Demon.

And neither GuitarmageddonZL1 or StreetSpeed717 are spoiled rich kids. In fact, they're both dirt poor without their Youtube Adsense and brand deals.

You MAY have heard about the guy in Michigan that crashed his C7 Z06 and the media had a rumor that the driver was Automotive YouTube creator "Vehicle Virgins" but that is FALSE, he only reviewed the car 6+ months prior and it was the owner of the car driving. Unfortunately a google search still brings up ton of incorrect information.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #27
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
It’s good to see anyone modding Camaros and sharing the videos. Would prefer to see less face and more of the car. Would also like to see PDR video when they were pressing the go pedal. Wonder what the true cost of parts and labor would be.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #28
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
You MAY have heard about the guy in Michigan that crashed his C7 Z06 and the media had a rumor that the driver was Automotive YouTube creator "Vehicle Virgins" but that is FALSE, he only reviewed the car 6+ months prior and it was the owner of the car driving. Unfortunately a google search still brings up ton of incorrect information.
That’s exactly who/what he’s talking about. Conflating the three. Parker, vehicle virgins, who comes from money, never had a real job, etc. and the crash of his friend’s Z06.

On topic, buildis awesome, guy obviously isn’t for everyone, but I’d hardly call him controversial or worthy of loathing. He’s a damn good ambassador for Camaros, if nothing else, so for that reason alone I watch.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote