Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-04-2018, 02:09 AM   #113
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I skipped over most of the mumbo jumbo but I think the obvious is the car is just “ok” looking and getting worse for 19. The challenger keeps upping the anti with performance and marketing. It’s undeniably, any of my friends who aren’t car buffs always comment how the would love to get a challenger. When I bring up the camaro it’s always the same “meh” comment. There just not bringing the excitement in my opinion. Hard to be so excited over a “track monster” when most daily drive there car and enjoy more straight line acceleration and bragging rights. This all coming from a Z06 owner, so def not a troll, just my opservations and opinions.

Get the SS with a stick. It makes the perfect DD. The car is just plain fun banging gears stop light to stoplight or slamming it on a highway on ramp.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #114
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I skipped over most of the mumbo jumbo but I think the obvious is the car is just “ok” looking and getting worse for 19. The challenger keeps upping the anti with performance and marketing. It’s undeniably, any of my friends who aren’t car buffs always comment how the would love to get a challenger. When I bring up the camaro it’s always the same “meh” comment. There just not bringing the excitement in my opinion. Hard to be so excited over a “track monster” when most daily drive there car and enjoy more straight line acceleration and bragging rights. This all coming from a Z06 owner, so def not a troll, just my opservations and opinions.

Yeh...but you don't own a Camaro nor do your friends so you really would not know about the Camaro experience.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #115
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
I don't see any real people or JD Power awards. Those suck. /s

Dodge always has the coolest commercials, the Ford commercial was kind of lame but at least they are advertising. Chevy is just stupid not to be advertising.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:47 AM   #116
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Well its dogged almost entirely because of the notorious visibility. But when I bought mine two weeks ago I didn't get the idea that sales are down. Few incentives, 0 for 72 would have been HUGE (too me), but all I got was the 2K conquest cash (traded a Mustang). No dealing on the price of the car, they wouldn't budge but I did get a great deal on the trade though.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:10 AM   #117
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
$$$$$ It's all about money. Cars are going up and up in price every year, are your wages keeping up? The squeeze for money hit's all of us and especially those starting a family with a house payment. Most can't afford a $45-$55K car that seats only two and then finance it for 5, 6 or 7 years. It's all about priorities and expensive cars are just getting out of range for a lot of people. Be honest here, aren't we all juggling our finances just to own these cars?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #118
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
What I would like to know "is the car making a profit" that is much more important than how many are being sold. If its dragging profits down, and continues to do so, that will be its demise more than the number being sold.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #119
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
More color choices.
Better dealership experience, especially when you have issues with the car.
Reliable auto transmission. Hope the A10 on the 2019 ss is better.

GM hasn't changed in the past 20 yrs when it comes to their stealers, so I won't hold my breath.

P. S. I love mine despite some issues with dealers.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #120
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
JD Powers is about as Fake News as Consumer Reports.
Some years back it was pointed out to me by more than a couple people on this site that the Camaro was rated better than the Challenger by JD Power, so surprised that it is now considered Fake News guess it is only Fake when it suits then.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #121
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
$10,600 = ~$25,600
$13,000 = ~$31,500

Those numbers are in line with what I've been saying an entry level V8 Camaro should cost in today's dollars, if they want to sell more. I understand a lot of factors are in play, but the middle class can only afford so much, especially for a vehicle with a worthless back seat.

How many more 1SS's would sell at $25,600 and SS 1LE's at $31,500? You could still have the ZL1 priced way up there. Again, I understand there are a lot of forces at play when building and therefore raising GM's cost to build modern cars, too. But the average person can still only afford so much. Especially for a vehicle that is essentially a toy.
This
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #122
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Some years back it was pointed out to me by more than a couple people on this site that the Camaro was rated better than the Challenger by JD Power, so surprised that it is now considered Fake News guess it is only Fake when it suits then.
Awesome !
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #123
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Seems like on pace to sell 50-60k Camaros this year. That is decent for a sports car in the todays world.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #124
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
This
Corvette GS - 45K
Corvette Z06 - 50K
Corvette ZR1 - 65K
If people want to dream ,dream bigger . Buck up or Shut up . Camaros are the best performances cars in the world for the money.
Sales show nothing and has been this way for most of the last 51 years and i am perfectly fine with it that way . If i went by what is poplar over the years and what sells i would have a Dodge K car listening to Lady Gaga , that is scary.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #125
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
2016 & 2017 Camaros received the J D Power award for dependability in the mid-size sporty segment. What in the world has happened to quality at Lansing for the quality of the 2018, virtually the same car? BTW: Someone posted give the Camaro more rear seat room like the ATS. The ATS is being dropped and one of the grips against it was rear seat room. ATS & CTS sales have really tanked and if anything the "volume" Camaro was holding them up at Lansing.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #126
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post

Yeh...its fake news from day to day...just like when Consumer Reports gave rave reviews for the Toyota Matrix, then in another issue they gave mediocre reviews for the Pontiac Vibe. They must have forgot the 2 cars were the same cars built on the same assembly line except one had a Pontiac sticker and the other had a Toyota sticker.