Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #29
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
What about the 'open area' filter element, doesn't all that hot engine bay air sucked in create higher maf temps and negate the gains of increased cfm flow?
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #30
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhan54 View Post
Does this require a tune?
These intakes are designed for a simple bolt-on installation and do not require a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
What about the 'open area' filter element, doesn't all that hot engine bay air sucked in create higher maf temps and negate the gains of increased cfm flow?
We understand the concerns that come when seeing the high-flow conical filter element. However, rest assured that our R&D team has worked relentlessly to provide the best gains in power and efficiency possible. To prevent the induction of higher temperature air we include the custom-fit air dam that utilizes soft bumpers to prevent any metal to metal contact, but also provides a solid seal against the rest of the engine bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
3%? So like 8HP? That seems extremely low for an intake. All the other companies could be lying but I haven't seen less than like 11 that I remember.
While we are not familiar with the gains of other products, we do dyno test all of our own products to ensure maximum performance gains and efficiency for your vehicle. If you would like a closer look at our power gains here is a copy of our dyno sheet. As previously stated, these gains are measured in wheel horsepower.

If anyone would like to discuss these intakes in greater detail, or are looking for a personalized recommendation for their own vehicle, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #31
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers View Post
These intakes are designed for a simple bolt-on installation and do not require a tune.

We understand the concerns that come when seeing the high-flow conical filter element. However, rest assured that our R&D team has worked relentlessly to provide the best gains in power and efficiency possible. To prevent the induction of higher temperature air we include the custom-fit air dam that utilizes soft bumpers to prevent any metal to metal contact, but also provides a solid seal against the rest of the engine bay.

While we are not familiar with the gains of other products, we do dyno test all of our own products to ensure maximum performance gains and efficiency for your vehicle. If you would like a closer look at our power gains here is a copy of our dyno sheet. As previously stated, these gains are measured in wheel horsepower.

If anyone would like to discuss these intakes in greater detail, or are looking for a personalized recommendation for their own vehicle, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.
Thank you for that info.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #32
FlowmasterMufflers

2018 Camaro LT V6 owners rejoice. Fitment of our Delta Force Performance Air Intake for the '16+ Camaro V6 will continue through the 2018 model year. If you're thinking about upping the performance on your ride, give us a ring at 707-544-4761. Just be sure to mention you were referred through the forum and we will hook it up with our Forum Member discount.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #33
FlowmasterMufflers

You've given your ride more grunt with that new Performance Intake System, now help it exhale better by installing one of our Cat-back or Axle-back Exhaust Systems! Our Exhaust Systems, when paired with our Delta Force Performance Intakes are sure to put a grin on your face! Increased horsepower, increased torque and increased FUN!

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit Flowmastermufflers.com for additional application and product information.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #34
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Just installed this intake yesterday. Haven't really had a chance to drive yet. The install was typical of any Cai. There were a few hose clamps missing out of the box which is always frustrating when you spend the this kind of money, overall I like it. Will enjoy more once I get some hose clamps in. Will post some pics soon.
chris227 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #35
chris227

Few pics of the CAI. Covered the outside with radiant heat material.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #36
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Definitely not an intake you want to have if you want to show off the engine bay, certainly an ugly thing.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #37
chris227

I buy cars to drive. Not to show off the engine bay.