Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-04-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Options for dent in weird spot?!

So this is the only dent I have on the whole car and it’s in a very strange spot. Not sure if someone tried to break in or if the neighbors kids baseball landed there or what but anyway I went to a Paintless dent place and they were like nope can’t do anything in that spot, and then I stopped at a highly recommended collision shop and they said not to worry about it since it’s kind of hidden behind the mirror otherwise it’s a respray of the whole door just to fix that spot. There’s no cracking or anything. Just a round shaped push down about the size of a quarter. You all think this sounds right from both places and I should just leave it or is this actually fixable if I find the right person or shop? it may seem small but in the sun when the car is shined up it actually stands out pretty good.
Attached Images

Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
B8TTYVILLEKID

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2 SS
As aggravating as it is, I would leave it. had a similar problem with a car near the window and a body crease and the cost to fix was more than the annoyance. you will be surprised at how few people really notice. My experience says if you do car shows they will,but other than that, its kind of invisible to everyone but you.
B8TTYVILLEKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8TTYVILLEKID View Post
As aggravating as it is, I would leave it. had a similar problem with a car near the window and a body crease and the cost to fix was more than the annoyance. you will be surprised at how few people really notice. My experience says if you do car shows they will,but other than that, its kind of invisible to everyone but you.
You would be surprised that it’s like a pimple on your nose. Everyone see’s it but you hope know one see’s it.

Maybe a dent removing company might be able to get to it thru the inside of the door.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #4
Jaystroh

Yea I actually mentioned the inside the door thing to both places and they both just kinda didn’t say anything. Guess they just want to do it right I suppose. Yea it’s not super noticeable but def sucks when the car is really nice then there’s a random dent lol! my dad actually is the only other person that’s said anything about it. Lol
Old 11-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #5
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Damn that sucks. I know a lot of people won't say anything to you about it but I know everyone notices it. That would drive me absolutely bonkers. I would keep looking for a shop that will do PDR on it. The right person with the right tools can probably pop that back out to make it less noticeable.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I would get a second pdr opinion.
But I did just get a similar opinion on a dent near the edge of a door panel on my daughter's car. Basically I got the idea it is harder to get tool access and work the metal that close to the edge. I do believe that. But I also got the impression this guy only wanted to offer a perfect repair.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #7
Jaystroh

Yea I will. I’m way to ocd to deal with it! lol! Just gotta start asking around.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #8
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Ask around, but avoid a repaint at all costs... Someone at a PDR should be able to get that at least 95% out...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:41 PM   #9
Jaystroh

Yea I’m with ya. I sent pics to another shop that’s supposed to be real good. Bit of a drive but will see what they say. I’m pretty sure like the post above said if they get it from the inside and push out it should get most of it. I would think?

Last edited by Jaystroh; 11-04-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #10
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
I disagree that paintless ding/dent repair can't fix that. If it's not easily accessible from inside the door with the door panel removed, it seems completely reachable with the side mirror housing removed. You could remove the interior door panel yourself and investigate it with you own eyes.

Get another opinion from a qualified PDR person.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #11
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
I’m scheduled to have a PDR guy stop by tomorrow to remove a small ding on a fender. I will show him the pic you provided and get his opinion on it, But I must say I had one removed in a similarly difficult spot not that long ago and a PDR guy provided by my dealership was able to fix it perfectly.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:12 AM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
dent ranger,daytona beach 386-451-5364.only an option if youre planning a trip to florida this winter but i think he could fix it,has done a couple for me and im a picky mofo.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:55 AM   #13
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Yea I actually mentioned the inside the door thing to both places and they both just kinda didn’t say anything. Guess they just want to do it right I suppose. Yea it’s not super noticeable but def sucks when the car is really nice then there’s a random dent lol! my dad actually is the only other person that’s said anything about it. Lol
The upper reinforcer is there so pdr probably won't happen from the inside. However a few of the better guys can 'glue' and pull form the outside.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:58 AM   #14
shoe5163

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
New door
shoe5163 is offline   Reply With Quote