Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 02-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #6175
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
At least the Ram tailgate won't hit your receiver hitch ball if you forgot to take it out before folding down the GMC tailgate.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #6176
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/.../0207-xt5.html

XT5 Sport Package.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:32 AM   #6177
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
At least the Ram tailgate won't hit your receiver hitch ball if you forgot to take it out before folding down the GMC tailgate.
Does it really hit a normal ball, or just the comically large ones everyone seems to have these days?
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #6178
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think you can normally change that to either flashing the headlights or nothing at all if you don't like it.
I'm aware, factory setting is just lights with the first press of the lock button, horn the second - and I have no idea why the general public doesn't understand that all the doors lock on the first press of the lock button.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #6179
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I'm aware, factory setting is just lights with the first press of the lock button, horn the second - and I have no idea why the general public doesn't understand that all the doors lock on the first press of the lock button.
I bet the general public does understand that. But not everyone is 100% confident 100% of the time that the doors are actually locked after the first press. Maybe they're hyper-concerned about locking their doors, maybe they don't know for sure if they locked it, maybe they did it over their shoulder, maybe their remote is dying. At one point or another, I've experienced all 4 of those. The overwhelming majority of time, I press it once and don't worry about it until I get back to my car. But thats not absolutely 100% of the time.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #6180
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Really depends if I have anything worth of any value in there if it’s worth a honk confirmation
Old 02-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #6181
NW-99SS

Quote:
I bet the general public does understand that. But not everyone is 100% confident 100% of the time that the doors are actually locked after the first press. Maybe they're hyper-concerned about locking their doors, maybe they don't know for sure if they locked it, maybe they did it over their shoulder, maybe their remote is dying. At one point or another, I've experienced all 4 of those. The overwhelming majority of time, I press it once and don't worry about it until I get back to my car. But thats not absolutely 100% of the time.
If your locks don't properly function on the first attempt, that's a mechanical lock issue that I would want solved.

There is nothing to say that the 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt functioned a "sticky" lock - unless you physically check it.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #6182
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Quote:
In my case, I typically set my cars up where one press UNLOCKS driver door and two presses UNLOCKS all doors. So, guess what I do when I have passengers and I've double-clicked to UNLOCK? Yep....I subconsciously DOUBLE CLICK to LOCK. Symmetry.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #6183
6spdhyperblue

I love symmetry almost as much as banana bread at work.
Gotta be a engineer thing.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #6184
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
In my case, I typically set my cars up where one press UNLOCKS driver door and two presses UNLOCKS all doors. So, guess what I do when I have passengers and I've double-clicked to UNLOCK? Yep....I subconsciously DOUBLE CLICK to LOCK. Symmetry.
Which is why I commented that the general population assumes the same symmetry even though it doesn't exist.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #6185
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If your locks don't properly function on the first attempt, that's a mechanical lock issue that I would want solved.

There is nothing to say that the 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt functioned a "sticky" lock - unless you physically check it.

I'm not talking about experiencing a mechanical issue within the lock. I'm talking about a battery within the remote being half dead because its its 9 years old and sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. So you give the button a good firm press, hear the honk, and know it locked. It happens. I'm talking about not remembering for sure if you've locked your door when you've walked halfway back through the parking lot. You probably did, but just for the piece of mind, you press the button again. You hear the honk, so you know its locked now. It happens. I'm talking about having a feeling that maybe the unlock button was pressed instead of the lock button. So you press the lock button, horn beeps & it turns out you had actually locked it the first time. But now you know for sure (assuming you trust that your locks work) that your car is now locked.

In all those cases, people know exactly how the signalling works & they are purposely making use of it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #6186
NW-99SS

Quote:
I'm not talking about experiencing a mechanical issue within the lock. I'm talking about a battery within the remote being half dead because its its 9 years old and sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. So you give the button a good firm press, hear the honk, and know it locked. It happens. I'm talking about not remembering for sure if you've locked your door when you've walked halfway back through the parking lot. You probably did, but just for the piece of mind, you press the button again. You hear the honk, so you know its locked now. It happens. I'm talking about having a feeling that maybe the unlock button was pressed instead of the lock button. So you press the lock button, horn beeps & it turns out you had actually locked it the first time. But now you know for sure (assuming you trust that your locks work) that your car is now locked.

In all those cases, people know exactly how the signalling works & they are purposely making use of it.
My point is that I prefer using my eyes as the visual confirmation over my ears hearing the horn signal.

You prefer your ears, it's all good.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 02-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #6187
6spdhyperblue

Apparently most ppl use their ears.

It’s like the argument on the coloradofabs forum page about things they’d like to see in the next truck. I suggested true keyless entry like our Camaros have and a guy was saying that’s the most stupid feature ever. Lol. Idk how u could hate on that when both your hands are full and barely get one free to open the door. Unlocking the door first doesn’t work all the time especially when auto starting and there’s so much locking and unlocking going on...which is me every morning
Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #6188
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I always thought passive entry was dumb until I had it on my Charger.

I will say FCA's keyless lock system on the door handle leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't work half the time.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions