Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Chonchi90

Drives: SS 2017 MBRP Axle back
Is Chemical Guys 25% off for Memorial Day Sale any good?

So I've been Meguiars products to wash my car since I've had it. Mostly because my father-in-law bought me a bunch of stuff when I first got my car. I was and still happy with the results it gives me but I was wondering if there's anything better out there.

Anyway I always hear about Chemical Guys products at meets and such but never tried it myself. I was wondering how you guys feel about the Chemical Guys products? Is the performance worth the cost? Is there anything I should know about beforehand? Also is there anything I should get before the sale ends? Finally is there any place I can find Chemical Guys product for less? (Ex:Amazon, Advanced auto, O'Reillys)
Chonchi90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonchi90 View Post
So I've been Meguiars products to wash my car since I've had it. Mostly because my father-in-law bought me a bunch of stuff when I first got my car. I was and still happy with the results it gives me but I was wondering if there's anything better out there.

Anyway I always hear about Chemical Guys products at meets and such but never tried it myself. I was wondering how you guys feel about the Chemical Guys products? Is the performance worth the cost? Is there anything I should know about beforehand? Also is there anything I should get before the sale ends? Finally is there any place I can find Chemical Guys product for less? (Ex:Amazon, Advanced auto, O'Reillys)
30% off is the best discount they offer on their website. Sometimes you can find better deals on Amazon resellers but they don't have everything the CG website has.

I like CG because their made in Cali and there are no cancer warnings on them. Everything smells great, which helps with overall odor neutralizing.

Walmart, Autozone, Advance, etc now carry some CG products.

Their advertising and marketing can be sexist and immature.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:12 AM   #3
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Thanks for posting this. My buddy wanted to get some hydro charge to try out. Cheers.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:53 AM   #4
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
I've got into detailing a lot the past two years or so and been making it a progressive hobby maybe business.

I used chemical guys when I was first getting into it and that was a good place to start. Their stuff isn't the best and it never lasts very long. I was really dissapointed with their sealants and waxes. 3 weeks max longevity. Megs at Walmart holds up longer. But some of their stuff is super high gloss and though it won't last or protect much it's good for car shows and meets. With that said I slowly replaced every chemiczl guys thing I've had with something better and significantly cheaper. But it takes a little time to figure that all out. I'd suggest going on Reddit (ugh) and looking at the professional car detailing section and it has a list of products to buy that are excellent.
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
KirkH

I agree that some of their products are not very good and some are way overpriced. But those are really the specialty products. Their polishes are not good. However, the Pete's 53 carnauba wax is excellent. Jet Seal sealant is very expensive for just a normal sealant.

Their ceramic coat for plastic trim C9 Carbon trim coating is outstanding but very expensive. However, if you have an RS or LT with the porous plastic trim, their trim coating is what you need.

Their odor neutralizers are more for daily use than longtime smell (for that use an oil based product) but they smell great. My customers LOVE the way I leave their car smelling.

Their soaps are the best and can be found on sale.

i have tried a few products in my time:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=arsenal

Last edited by KirkH; 05-26-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I really like their soaps, they are super concentrated and sud very well. They used to have a chart of every soap and what it has, but seems it left when their site was updated. I know their extreme body wash and wax will leave something behind, it sheets over sealants that bead, so you knew something was there on rinse off and after a strong rain it would bead again.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #7
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I really like their soaps, they are super concentrated and sud very well. They used to have a chart of every soap and what it has, but seems it left when their site was updated. I know their extreme body wash and wax will leave something behind, it sheets over sealants that bead, so you knew something was there on rinse off and after a strong rain it would bead again.
The Extreme Body Wash & Wax made my nightfall grey metallic RS look great.

I like the regular Wash & Wax for a cheap shampoo,
Old 05-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I have mostly used their soaps and polishing pads, and they seems to work pretty well. I like the Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo in my foam cannon because of the thick shaving cream type foam it produces. I also have their foam cannon and it works OK but I am not in love with it. The fill neck is too narrow. I am now trying the Chemical Guys Carbon Flex Vitalize Wash and I don't have an opinion yet on it.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:37 AM   #9
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
The fill neck is too narrow. .

Bill
I use a screw on funnel to pour the soap in, then dunk the bottle in a bucket of water to fill.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
If you buy a gallon, get this, one pump is one ounce.

Bar5F Gallon Pump Dispenser,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GOXFCMW..._onc7CbK0MNW7S
Old 05-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #11
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I use a screw on funnel to pour the soap in, then dunk the bottle in a bucket of water to fill.
Hey Kirk - I have funnels but they don't screw on. I'll investigate that.

I do the dunk in my soap bucket, too.

Quote:
If you buy a gallon, get this, one pump is one ounce.

Bar5F Gallon Pump Dispenser,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GOXFCMW..._onc7CbK0MNW7S
I'll check this out too. I may transfer my soap to a water bottle will a flip-up top and then squeeze in the approximate amount of soap.

Thanks guys

Bill
Old 05-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
shawndean22

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
yes chemical guys has good chemical compounds, example soaps, microfiber cleaners, and wheel cleaner. But their non chemical products are little too expensive. I use their signature wheel Cleaner (Blue) C9 Vitalize wash (Green) microfiber cleaner(orange). Their vitalize cleans pretty good, but cannot tell if its any better than optimum car wash. My car has Optimum ceramic coating. I will try their new Hydro wash for ceramic coats after I use up vitalize.
shawndean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #13
wrankin

Quote:
They used to have a chart of every soap and what it has, but seems it left when their site was updated.
Here is a copy of the Chemical Guys Car Wash Soap Comparison Chart

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Car Wash Soaps Comparison Chart.pdf (5.46 MB, 183 views)