Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Service brake assist warning light

The service brake assist light came on after a session at the track today. Started it up and had no brakes. They were working fine for most of the day. Anyone else have this problem

Last edited by F419sr1; 10-19-2019 at 09:10 PM.
F419sr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
I Have the V6 and have had the problem for the past 5 months since they did the power steering rack and pinion recall fix. The dealership cant tell whats causing the problem and it only comes on when the car is stopped or going backwards...aggravating still.
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
F419sr1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
I Have the V6 and have had the problem for the past 5 months since they did the power steering rack and pinion recall fix. The dealership cant tell whats causing the problem and it only comes on when the car is stopped or going backwards...aggravating still.
The dealer replaced my brake booster.. No problem since then
Old 07-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
CowmaroV8

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I just experienced this issue and thanks to checking in the forums here had it taken care of with a service bulletin. I understand this is an old forum, but with low mileage cars still out there, this issue is still very real in 2020 and I wanted to help anyone I could.

My brake assist warning came on and I lost about half my braking pressure and it felt that ABS was on 100% of the time. This is mentioned in the owners manual as normal behavior when the service message occurs.

I turned the car on the next day and the issue was gone but took it for service anyway. They told me there was a service bulletin and they will simply run a diagnostic and if no issues are found other than the TSB then that's all they will charge. It happened 8 hours prior the night before the computer had all the error codes stored so they were able to pull them up without any active CEL or Error Codes.

Should be a recall and not a TSB but just needed to share this as these forums are the reason I knew of the fix ahead of time. Maybe a diagnostic fee is worth the piece of mind to get the update needed rather than waiting for the brakes to fail in traffic as mine did.

"Internal software fault in EBCM. Reprogram EBCM per BULL#17-NA-048"
Attached Images

CowmaroV8 is offline   Reply With Quote