#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #15
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Tire pressure is perfect, my mom drives like an old grandmother, nothing in the trunk except the bodies.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
CDBiker220

Drives: 98 camaro z28
Where do you get gas at. I loose 3-5 mpg when i get gas at Get-Go. Alot of other people have the same problem at certain gas stations. Might just be my area, but where i live we all know not to go to Get-Go or your loosing money.
CDBiker220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
She only gets gas at BP and marathon down the street. I think those are pretty good brands. We have a swifty gas station here that we all call shitty gas, nobody gets gas there.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
1.) Give it time like everyone said. The engine hasn't been brocken in yet.
2.) Make sure she's using high quality gasoline, like BP. If you're getting gas from a no name station, or from a gas station that is part of a grocery store well then that's not good for the engine and it won't perform optimally.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Yea we have a gas station called super fuels and i had to take it to the mechanic to see what was wrong and turns out the gas there had a bit of diesel in it and he got a sample from the pump (which was melted) and told me to sniff it and it didn't smell like gas, that crappy gas costed me a $325 bill, that gas station has the price like 5 cents lower than the rest but its not worth it, get some good quality gas.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #20
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
at about 1k miles i drove the cobalt for a long duration outside the city to see if the mpg would go up any. - it did a little

now, with 1200 miles on it, (no i didn't drive it for 200 miles more, lol) it's getting about 20.3 MPG in the city.

how my friends cobalt gets 30 mpg in the city I'll never know.

my mom drives like an old granny...cept i've seen her do rabbit starts here and there occasionally...hmmmm....

Good news is (for those who remember the story) : the taurus is fully operational now and I bought it off my mom so I can come and go as I please w/o her nagging at me about using "her" cars. - it runs a shit ton better then it did when we first got it. (faster/smoother too) - better transmission. Apparently after we got the transmission fixed (the last time we had it fixed, NOT by ford) it just had to like, adjust to the car?...and my mom freaked out cuz it felt vastly different then the original transmission which according to many reports (even from Ford) - it was a faulty tranny to begin with 0_o
I cleaned it up and it looks hella good. degreased the engine too. - yum
despite it being a ford - it looks decent.
I'd have gotten a camaro, but for now this was the wisest decision (financially) till I get my career actually going so I can get the 5th gen somewhere down the road (assuming GM lasts that long).

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #21
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Has around 1200 miles on it eh? hmm... give it some more time...

I can tell you one thing that's for sure. When I first got my Cobalt SS Supercharged even after it was broken in it didn't feel as fast as it did until I had like over 10k miles on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
Yea we have a gas station called super fuels and i had to take it to the mechanic to see what was wrong and turns out the gas there had a bit of diesel in it and he got a sample from the pump (which was melted) and told me to sniff it and it didn't smell like gas, that crappy gas costed me a $325 bill, that gas station has the price like 5 cents lower than the rest but its not worth it, get some good quality gas.
Exactly chances are if a gas station is charging like 5cents less than the majority of gas stations around in the area, and it isn't a brand name gas station (Shell, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil, Texaco, Marathon, 79, BP/Amaco, etc) then the quality of the gas most likely isn't the greatest, and I'd be weary to use their gas. Pay the extra couple cents and get a high grade gasoline. Your engine, and wallet will love you because better quality gasoline burns more efficiently...

I personally always use gas from either Shell (94 octane) or 93 octane from BP. I do also drive a supercharged car so I don't put in anything less, with only a 12gal tank... and getting some decent mileage I can afford to...

Anyways my old man is a test driver who has over 30 years seniority with GM. At the Milford proving grounds they use BP grade gasoline and the mechanics and techs have said that BP is their preference of gasoline.

But gasoline, is just like oil, everyone has their own preference...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 PM   #22
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Hehe, i average 32 MPG in my 07 SS SC, Stage II. 60% highway 40% City/town.
And i drive like a bat out of hell. My tires show it, because they only lasted 35 000 kms.