Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #15
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Thanks
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_HEAVEN View Post
Sir you are classy and I respect that.
I hope you find one also. Of course after I do LOL.
Thank you
John U.S. Navy Gulf War Veteran
Absolutely. I'd like to find one as well. I can't pay a grand for one of these and I want you to get one and at a fair price. I know these are getting scarce but I will not be involved in a bidding war that only runs the price up for you or anyone else so please let me know when you are squared away. By the way thank you for your service.

Ray
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #17
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
It's not OEM, but you can find these on the 'bay for less than $100 including the necessary Rivnuts. I have the all metal one and it looks and functions just like the OEM unit.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
Gbland60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
It's not OEM, but you can find these on the 'bay for less than $100 including the necessary Rivnuts. I have the all metal one and it looks and functions just like the OEM unit.
How's the paint & edge quality? Is the edge rounded over or somewhat squared ?
Old 11-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #19
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
How's the paint & edge quality? Is the edge rounded over or somewhat squared ?
Edge quality is perfect all the way around. It had two tiny chipped areas in the powder coat from shipping, but the pic of the GM one in this thread looks like it has a bare metal spot on the edge too. The only way to ensure perfection in the paint is to get it powder coated after you get it.

The edge on mine is rounded over. It also came with the aluminum Rivnuts, template, rubber pads and the hex mounting screws. I didn't like the silver hex screws that came with mine so I ordered some black powder coated screws and washers that I found on Ebay.

DT Moto is where I bought mine. It's not OEM, but it beats paying someone almost a grand for the GM version.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:34 PM   #20
Gbland60

Oh i agree. I've looked and looked and looked at those also and the others but just couldn't decide which one on account of not knowing if the holes are same for the oem in the event i come across one some day thats within a reasonable price range. You wouldnt happen to know would you? Ive got a wickerbill thats oem spec but i just bought it for a template to get one cut out of aluminum. I'm just having a difficult time at the moment drilling holes in the spoiler. I'll get over that eventually or buy another one. Thanks for your info
Old 11-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #21
mikeman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
Oh i agree. I've looked and looked and looked at those also and the others but just couldn't decide which one on account of not knowing if the holes are same for the oem in the event i come across one some day thats within a reasonable price range. You wouldnt happen to know would you? Ive got a wickerbill thats oem spec but i just bought it for a template to get one cut out of aluminum. I'm just having a difficult time at the moment drilling holes in the spoiler. I'll get over that eventually or buy another one. Thanks for your info
I'm pretty sure the holes in the wickerbill that I have are in the same place as the OEM unit. If somehow you can get a hold of the OEM paper template that comes with the GM version, that would be good

If you do a search, I remember a thread that had pics of the GM template that came with the OEM wickerbill. Also, the holes are slotted so I don't think any minor variances, if any, would be a problem. You may be over thinking this.

However, I do understand that once you start drilling holes, there is no going back. I would try searching for a scan of the original GM paper template. That way, you can be sure about the holes before you drill them.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #22
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I'm pretty sure the holes in the wickerbill that I have are in the same place as the OEM unit. If somehow you can get a hold of the OEM paper template that comes with the GM version, that would be good

If you do a search, I remember a thread that had pics of the GM template that came with the OEM wickerbill. Also, the holes are slotted so I don't think any minor variances, if any, would be a problem. You may be over thinking this.

However, I do understand that once you start drilling holes, there is no going back. I would try searching for a scan of the original GM paper template. That way, you can be sure about the holes before you drill them.
I was looking into getting a taller one last year that Aero Sports concepts makes for autocross and they said theres does not line up with the OE wicker hole location, not sure of the other manufactures out there but thought I would just share this info. Good luck
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #23
Gbland60

I've searched online already and i think i know what thread your talking about. Ive even seen a video on one before. I've posted a comment on here awhile back asking if anyone had one i would pay for it but its just a drilling template . i dont think its the complete outline of one. Like i stated before, Ive got an acrylic one thats spot on oem spec to use as a template.Jusr need to catch an acquaintance of mine on his time off that has a cnc to cut one and see what quality we can get. We're on different schedules. But anyway thanks again for all your info brother