Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
WhitePhantomSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
First Mod?

Hey Camaro 5 members!! I just purchased a Summit White SS with black stripes. And I'm trying to decide what should be my first mod. I was thinking...

1. Black Heritage Grill
2. Fix DRL and halo( have halo & fog running during the day and fogs at night)
3. Truck plate Black with White SS Logo( I don't know the correct name for it)
4. Sequential LED Rear Lamps with Rapid Fire and Afterburner

If you could point me in the right direction to find these part for a really good price that would help me out so much.Thanks in advance
WhitePhantomSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
1. It'll look pretty good. Maybe consider blacking out the area directly in front of the grille like in the photo. (got it from the Big Worm Graphix website)

2. That'd look pretty nice. You should also try changing out the bulb in the DRLs to LEDs and have to match the halos a little more.

3. I'm guessing you're talking about the license plate frame. IMHO you could probably bundle it with another mod since it isn't that big of a mod.

4. Look up Technostalgia on here on the forums. A lot of members have had problems with the tail lights if the car isn't a daily driver. There some condensation issue and an occasional burned LED. Personally, this is one of the mods I want the most.

While the V6s mainly get this mod, I've seen some SS owners get an oil catch can. It keeps the oil from going into unwanted parts of your engine and keeping it running better, longer.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Mine was a orcale mailslot scanner unless u count having the factory flat black decals removed (hockey stripes) and have them painted inferno orange with the hood painted with my own design. Order halo next thursday. What color are u going to go with?
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
WhitePhantomSS

I was gonna change the bulbs to that any. Im talking about the rear panel where you can put the ss logo at.i love those lights too im gonna get them
Old 07-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePhantomSS View Post
Hey Camaro 5 members!! I just purchased a Summit White SS with black stripes. And I'm trying to decide what should be my first mod. I was thinking...

1. Black Heritage Grill
2. Fix DRL and halo( have halo & fog running during the day and fogs at night)
3. Truck plate Black with White SS Logo( I don't know the correct name for it)
4. Sequential LED Rear Lamps with Rapid Fire and Afterburner

If you could point me in the right direction to find these part for a really good price that would help me out so much.Thanks in advance
If it's a manual then NBR ONE is get the CAGS skip shift bypass/eliminator for $20 some bucks and get to shift all the gears anytime you want.
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
WhitePhantomSS

Its automatic...
Old 07-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePhantomSS View Post
Its automatic...
That's ok Then get a LED colored dome light for about $20 bucks. It'll change the color & feeling of the interior at nite in a few minutes.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote