#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Talking New Truck, new sticker!

Hey guys! I just bought a new DD, and im pretty excited about it! Its a LOT nicer than my old truck. Its a black 94 Suburban, Silverado Edition 1500, with almost every option available that year. Its got the towing package, cruise, tilt, power EVERYTHING, including power seat. I think the only thing it doesnt have is leather. It might be kind of old, but it seems way advanced to me! Its in fantastic shape for the year, very little rust, no major dents, paint is in fairly good shape, interior is in fantastic shape, and there are no mechanical problems other than A/C not working. I havent customized it to my tastes yet, but i will! Im going to paint the wheels gloss black, paint a red monostripe down the middle of the hood, take off the ugly running boards and put rhinoliner under the lower body line. Im also putting a new stereo head in next week, and new speakers next month. And of course, put some stickers on! I had a ton of stickers on my old truck, and i plan on putting a few on this one! And the first one? Camaro5!!

Heres the stickers on my old truck, and then the new truck!
Attached Images

Last edited by Supercamaro64; 05-13-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
<3 the old suburbans, especially 80's ones. the new ones claim to have tons of room but the old ones felt like an RV in comparison.
looks clean. keep it that way

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
<3 the old suburbans, especially 80's ones. the new ones claim to have tons of room but the old ones felt like an RV in comparison.
looks clean. keep it that way
I plan on it! Yeah i love the 80s suburbans, but to get one in decent enough shape would be more expensive, a little less reliable, and slightly worse on gas mileage. I got a fantastic deal on this truck, it KBBs for over $3300, i got it for $2000. A friend of mine has an 89 burban, and his is even bigger than mine!! Its rediculous how much space those things had! I use mine to haul all my band and sound equipment around, and it does a great job! I can fit 2 half stack amps, a 4x12 bass cab, 2 huge 2x12 PA speakers, a combo amp, a full drumset, and 5 guitars easily without any problems. I love it!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
lol ya good luck fitting ALL that in the newest ones. 2,000 is a steal 0_o
gj.

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
J666

Drives: Camaro
Don't ruin the truck with those dumb stickers.
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post
Don't ruin the truck with those dumb stickers.
I wont "ruin" the truck with the stickers. Im making it my own. You dont gotta be a downer bro.

Quote:
lol ya good luck fitting ALL that in the newest ones. 2,000 is a steal 0_o
gj.
Yeah i kno lol. It was listed for 2450, but i talked him down!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
drummer5679

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
I wont "ruin" the truck with the stickers. Im making it my own. You dont gotta be a downer bro.
Stickers ruin paint, so yes it could be considered ruining it. Making it your own would be more along the lines of custom paint or interior, stickers just look trashy.
drummer5679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
PM Designs

Drives: 2011 Camaro, 99 Silverado , 69 C-10
Don't cover it in stickers.
PM Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer5679 View Post
Stickers ruin paint, so yes it could be considered ruining it. Making it your own would be more along the lines of custom paint or interior, stickers just look trashy.
agree 100%... although i did have to add one to the Flex the other day... but I did put it on the glass for easy removal and it won't hurt anything...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Just me, but if I'm looking for a used car and you've plastered it in stickers, it's either a deal breaker or significantly reduces what I'd be willing to pay if the rest of the car is in good shape. Not only do I have to waste time peeling off all that crap, I have to worry about whether or not the paint is damaged.

Do what you want, but just keep in mind that it'll be a hard sell to many people when it's on the market.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
How much is gas for that tank? Lol
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer5679 View Post
The paint on the barn doors is the worst on the truck, so i was thinking about replacing them anyways, but stickers dont always ruin paint. And i do plan on doing some painting to it. Painting the wheels, and a monostripe on the hood, plus some other stuff.

Quote:
Just me, but if I'm looking for a used car and you've plastered it in stickers, it's either a deal breaker or significantly reduces what I'd be willing to pay if the rest of the car is in good shape. Not only do I have to waste time peeling off all that crap, I have to worry about whether or not the paint is damaged.

Do what you want, but just keep in mind that it'll be a hard sell to many people when it's on the market.
I might be weird, but i dont buy a vehicle and worry about what other people would pay for it, because i plan on keeping it as long as possible. I just worry about whether I like it or not. And if i WAS to sell it, i would take the stickers off and clean it up, ive done it before, and no paint was wrecked. Maybe i was doing it a specific way? idk. But after i cleaned it up, you couldnt even tell there were any stickers there. And anyways, im not putting all those stickers on, im only putting on a few, probly just on the glass.

Quote:
How much is gas for that tank? Lol
Its actually not all that bad! Considering i was only getting like 14 or so in my other truck, 12 isnt much worse. But 12 is just the spec i found online, ive read a bunch of reviews that said it gets a little better than 12. I havent been driving it long enough to really gauge how well its doing, but the gas gauge doesnt move much lol. Of course, its a 42 gallon tank, but still!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
That's a good looking truck, I like the boxy suburbans better than the new ones.

BUT, please leave the stickers off it. You're old truck looks ridiculous will all that crap on it.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
agree 100%... although i did have to add one to the Flex the other day... but I did put it on the glass for easy removal and it won't hurt anything...

oh GOD I want that one!