#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Ford Sucks...

So a couple weeks back I was a little unnecessarily rough with my transmission, and broke it...
('98 Ford Taurus)
So we take it in as soon as possible, and barely made it in (we take it to the dealership we bought it from for maintenance)
Yes I know that costs a lot but at least its more assurance your gonna get your stuff done..so we thought... (unless you know some people at a certain place that you have special connections with).

Anyway...We pay an arm and a leg for a new transmission right?..
bout 4 days later we get the car back (it was ready 2 days after we brought it in though surprisingly) but we weren't able to get it, due to certain circumstances, so we got it last Monday finally...only to find out the transmission isn't working properly. - Strike 1 - We take it BACK in, and much to my suprise (NOT) - It wasn't connected properly (there was a piece missing) - Lol.

So we got it back again.. I think it was last Wednesday?..can't remember exactly. But anyway, another problem arose...
After driving the car about 10-20 minutes from point A to point B, it won't switch gears to REVERSE properly. - Strike 2 - From DRIVE (after 10-20 mins) to REVERSE.
doesn't matter how patient I am with it to ensure it's completely switched gears, it will NOT switch.
now this doesn't happen EVERY time, but it's happening significantly enough to pose a problem. I hadn't ever had this problem with the previous transmission, Ever

The only way it'll move when it's stuck like that is if i push on the gas when it's in reverse, in which case it literally jolts the car hard, and then clicks into reverse, and does its regular thing.
BUT, this shouldn't be the case at all...
So. today we took it back in.
HOPEFULLY they'll be able to make it do what it's doing for me (which isn't much these days)
But I'm totally tired of their BS.
we supposedly bought a NEW transmission (whether or not it's Really NEW I don't know) and now it's not working? give me a break Ford...

My mom absolutely loves the customer service at the Ford dealership, and theres a mechanic she knows on a first name basis.. not sure if thats a good thing or not.
We've always had pretty decent response/service from that place but this is stupid, especially considering we're really needing a car with whats currently going on in our lives, even moreso than usual, which is why my mom rented a Chevy Cobalt (which she seems to be liking, however theres some issues with it)

But one thing she DID say, and I quote "I'm not buying another Ford"

I hate Ford, and always have. why you ask?, their cars are crap. Their Standard, Lower trim cars are so "Basic" its like going back 2 decades in functionability. and you have to pay SO much more just for something thats slightly better. their quality in vehicles is ridiculous.
I was looking at a 40th Anniversary Convertible Ford Mustang, and the first thing that came to my mind was "wtf?, this is it?", whereas the 35th Anniversary Camaro, had SO much more stuff added to it, than the Mustang did, with its anniversary package.

Last night I looked at the interior of the '05 Mustang for the first time...and yet again I found myself thinking "wtf?, this is it?"...What the heck is wrong with Ford?!?, it looked so unspecial, and so basic, I'd rather get a Scion tC and mod the interior of it + exterior, and it'd still be cheaper than the mustang. (I'd asume) and look 100x better. I really feel sorry for people who bought the 5th gen Mustang...they got seriously ripped off.
Whereas people who are awaiting the new camaro, are in for a real treat - in comparison.

Meanwhile I'm driving my grandpa's Lexus ES 330 (THE SLUG) and having to be so careful it's ridiculous...
I have however gotten the average MPG from 14.8 to 18
gonna try for more

And needless to say. I've learned my lesson when it comes to transmissions. And Fords. (Not that I didn't know better before), I was just reckless. (I'm currently working on that tho, it's a process).
with gas prices as they're getting to be - it's hard to be anything else but a very slow/cautious driver.
Btw when I refer to "We" I mean my mom and I - for clarification.
We'll probably get the car tomorrow and they'll say something to the effect of "We couldn't find anything wrong with the car"

Awaiting: - Strike 3 -

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
You normally drive a 98 Taurus and you call the ES 330 "the Slug"?

If you're Grandpa is only getting 14.8 and "being careful" you're only getting 18 out of the Lexus, you should probably get it looked at (and apparently your grandpa puts the pedal on the floor at ever stop light). My dad's 330 easily gets 22-23 in town without the careful driving. Even my lead foot gets that in town. Dad has managed 26-27 in town with the extra attention being paid to slower acceleration and such.

And, back to your post, yes, Fords do suck. I hated my mom's Explorer, I hate here current Escape. My brother has an Escape too, and he hates it more and more each day. Of course, he loves his other POS ('07 Camry), so I can't really give his opinion much consideration.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Ford = Fixed Or Repaired Daily

Ford = Found On Road Dead

Ford = Fat Old Rusted Dog
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
perfect for the occasion
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
F***king Old Rebuilt Dodge. Forever Old Rusty, Dented. Flip Over Read Directions. Flop On Race Day.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Sounds like you have a case of the Clarkson Syndrome...Go watch Top Gear with Jeremy buying his Ford GT.

Sucks to hear it MAC. Hope all gets better.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
You normally drive a 98 Taurus and you call the ES 330 "the Slug"?

If you're Grandpa is only getting 14.8 and "being careful" you're only getting 18 out of the Lexus, you should probably get it looked at (and apparently your grandpa puts the pedal on the floor at ever stop light). My dad's 330 easily gets 22-23 in town without the careful driving. Even my lead foot gets that in town. Dad has managed 26-27 in town with the extra attention being paid to slower acceleration and such.

And, back to your post, yes, Fords do suck. I hated my mom's Explorer, I hate here current Escape. My brother has an Escape too, and he hates it more and more each day. Of course, he loves his other POS ('07 Camry), so I can't really give his opinion much consideration.
Yes, I call it "The Slug", because when you punch the gas (which I've tried to do) it's EXTREMELY slow to do anything...VERY slow acceleration, its pathetic. The Taurus accelerates shit loads faster. The Lexus is maybe 15-20 seconds from 0-60...its about 8-11 seconds (Depending on certain circumstances), from 0-60 in the Taurus. It may not Sound like much, but it is, and you can really feel the sluggishness from the Lexus. (feels like a hunk of junk, it's like an '05 I think) As for the MPG, My grandpa's 3 caregivers used to drive it for the majority of the Lexus' life, one of which drove really well, and the other 2 have put various dents/scratches on the car. (super careless/reckless drivers)

Bad news - Still no word on the Taurus.
Good news - I've gotten the Lexus to 18.4 Average MPG, (Up from 18.0 yesterday)

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote