Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Oil/Brake Fluid Resovoir upgrade

For those of you with M6, I swear there was a kit somewhere to separate the resovoir brake and clutch fluid to hell with clutch sticking to floor.

Anyone have any I do on where to buy? Install issues?

Thanks in advance - have a great Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
fireman1153

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Tick performance and look into the Lingenfelter return spring as well.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - 416 stroker, F1A-94 procharger, BTR blower cam, Big Red race valve, AGP intercooler, Alky dual nozzle kit, ZL1 fuel pump with DSX Aux pump, DSX flex fuel sensor, Bosch 210 injectors, Mcleod RXT1200 clutch, MGW flat stick, Tick Performance Level 3 trans, DSS 3.5 aluminum driveshaft, Strange S60 rear, DSS 1400hp axles, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, X-pipe and MBRP muffler delete, BMR lowering springs, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Poly motor mounts, RevShift trans mount instert, rear sub frame braces, Tuned by Joey at Pure Fabrication in Panama City, FL
fireman1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Get a reservoir from a 04-06 GTO and a piece of hydraulic hose from a parts store. But Tick has one with a bracket. I would get their braided hydraulic line as well.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
JDP Motorsports. JDP-C1002. It's on my "gonna get soon" list for my Z.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Don’t get the Tick kit unless you’re going to get their master cylinder at the same time. Their kit does not include the hose which you’ll need if running the stock master. One is much better off with a complete kit like the one from JDP.

One can also piece together their own setup with a larger reservoir using all Tilton stuff. I did it for about $35 from summit.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #6
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Yea, JDP is where I got mine. Complete kit. I just couldn't remember the damn name. Been a few years since I got it.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:52 AM   #7
olblue75

If you go a separate reservoir you can also look at Wilwood, also make sure to get a cap to plug the brake reservoir or get a Automatic reservoir for a cleaner look.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #8
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
I would suggest to make a bracket such as this to give it stability and move the reservoir closer so you can use the factory clutch line. I finally had it with the bracket I received with the kit. Aluminum from Home Depot, 1/8” thick and I used 2” wide. I used M6 x 1.0 x 40mm stainless screws and beveled them at the tip and used 1/2” thick. Someone else had done a write up on this and I kinda followed his idea with my own twist. Nothing touches and it fits in that area great. Fixed the pictures. Looks like mock up is complete, time to clean it up some and test it next spring when it’s out of hibernation.
Attached Images

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 10-05-2020 at 07:24 PM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #9
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I would suggest to make a bracket such as this to give it stability and move the reservoir closer so you can use the factory clutch line. I finally had it with the bracket I received with the kit. Aluminum from Home Depot, 1/8” thick and I used 2” wide. I used M6 x 1.0 x 40mm stainless screws and beveled them at the tip and used 1/2” thick. Someone else had done a write up on this and I kinda followed his idea with my own twist. Nothing touches and it fits in that area great. Fixed the pictures. Looks like mock up is complete, time to clean it up some and test it next spring when it’s out of hibernation.
Dude, I will totally buy one of those from you. I hate the mount my kit came with. It is always coming loose.

More to come.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #10
Whitlow

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
County me in how much for your setup?

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2020, 05:27 AM   #11
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Great workmanship! Let me suggest that if you go thru effort to make a custom bracket go with a 4oz reservoir like I did so you won’t be flushing the 1.5 oz size every month. See post 60 in this thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...finally&page=5
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #12
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Great workmanship! Let me suggest that if you go thru effort to make a custom bracket go with a 4oz reservoir like I did so you won’t be flushing the 1.5 oz size every month. See post 60 in this thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...finally&page=5
Great idea about larger reservoir. Thanks
Does your bracket mount with 1 or 2 screws to the brake reservoir? I don’t believe it’d fit a larger reservoir in the corner I put the gto reservoir in. Plus I had this already installed and just hated the bracket it came with. I had the same one in my V6 and just never got around to making a better one until now. I had the gto reservoir in my V6 and would ranger bleed it every few months, but I put a lot less miles on my cars than most.

The bracket is a very easy design and would be a simple thing to make with a cad and water jet machine. I just don’t have access to those. But I enjoyed dusting off my air tools again too knock it out. The trick is to put a wide radius 45* bend as not to over stress the aluminum.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #13
TwentyTen2SSRS

Seems JDP setup is the best option for plug and play?

What’s the maintenance needed with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #14
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Great idea about larger reservoir. Thanks
Does your bracket mount with 1 or 2 screws to the brake reservoir? I don’t believe it’d fit a larger reservoir in the corner I put the gto reservoir in. Plus I had this already installed and just hated the bracket it came with. I had the same one in my V6 and just never got around to making a better one until now. I had the gto reservoir in my V6 and would ranger bleed it every few months, but I put a lot less miles on my cars than most.

The bracket is a very easy design and would be a simple thing to make with a cad and water jet machine. I just don’t have access to those. But I enjoyed dusting off my air tools again too knock it out. The trick is to put a wide radius 45* bend as not to over stress the aluminum.
It's mounted with only one screw, the one closet to the front of the car. I didn't want to have to remove the brake reservoir to attach the rear screw if I didn't have to. Turned out it's fine with just the one screw even with the added weight of the 4oz reservoir.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote