Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #29
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
They should do a 91-92 Birdie homage for the heritage :-) Best damn looking car out there, especially topdown on a vert!

But honestly, gimme back side windows and shit to look out of(I know with mirrors it all disappears, but the general public doesnt know that)

And give us back that smidge of room to make the backseat usable in a pinch. I can use mine in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Haven't proven it to myself in a 5th, but no one will sit behind me in a 6th unless they are missing limbs or paraplegic.
5th is slightly better. I've owned a pair of em and my youngest was back there on a trip around the Smokies. I shoved her in the back of the gen 6 and my wife had her knees in the glovebox and my daughter was still mashed in the back. It's pretty useless. Thankfully I don't carry more than me around 98% of the time.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #30
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
5th is slightly better. I've owned a pair of em and my youngest was back there on a trip around the Smokies. I shoved her in the back of the gen 6 and my wife had her knees in the glovebox and my daughter was still mashed in the back. It's pretty useless. Thankfully I don't carry more than me around 98% of the time.
I can still fit the same 4 people in my camaro that i fit in my daytona back in the 90's. And we have all put on 60lbs.
Now I can do power slides with 0% effort.
This car blows my mind every time i drive it.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #31
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just let go of the past. IF there is a next generation Camaro it will have to to look into the future in many respects including propulsion. A hodgepodge of styling grabs from old Camaros and the now dead Impala don’t make a compelling design.
Letting go of the past didn't help the 6th gens popularity. Retaining the past put the Challenger in front of the 6th gen sales wise. So which route do you think works?
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Letting go of the past didn't help the 6th gens popularity. Retaining the past put the Challenger in front of the 6th gen sales wise. So which route do you think works?
the camaro was failing before it let go of the past. And dodge sells a huge number of their vehicles with financing that is nearly twice as long as everyone else so payments are lower per month (that's why they sell so many)

Unlike ford, that has 1 car that spans the gamut of expensive to cheap in the performance sport car genre. Chevy long ago decided it wanted 2. One prissy high end, the corvette and later, a cheaper car for everyone else, the camaro. They didn't want to sully the name of corvette by diluting it with the unwashed peasant car and wont let it be seen as being better than the corvette (nothing is allowed to be a better high performance car than the vette). This puts it in a strange place in the minds of the public.

Camaro is associated as second class in a genre that should be high performance since it's competing with other cars that are such.

Even though a 4cyl mustang isn't on par with a shelby v8, it's still a mustang. The camaro on the other hand is for poor mullet headed rednecks too cheap to buy a corvette as far as everyone else is concerned.

You put a few decades of that mindset in people and it doesn't matter if camaro embraces the past or completely throws it out. Camaro is not going to be the same brand in people's minds as charger / challenger or mustang. As long as the choice is pretty much apples to apples in nearly everything but name, people will pick the charger or mustang more often than the camaro.

(and i dont think the challenger directly competes with the camaro. I think the charger does. The challenger is basically it's own market of nostalgia boats. )
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #33
ArmanSS

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS VERT
I can already see the weeds growing out of it in a trailer park.
ArmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #34
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
the camaro was failing before it let go of the past. And dodge sells a huge number of their vehicles with financing that is nearly twice as long as everyone else so payments are lower per month (that's why they sell so many)

Unlike ford, that has 1 car that spans the gamut of expensive to cheap in the performance sport car genre. Chevy long ago decided it wanted 2. One prissy high end, the corvette and later, a cheaper car for everyone else, the camaro. They didn't want to sully the name of corvette by diluting it with the unwashed peasant car and wont let it be seen as being better than the corvette (nothing is allowed to be a better high performance car than the vette). This puts it in a strange place in the minds of the public.

Camaro is associated as second class in a genre that should be high performance since it's competing with other cars that are such.

Even though a 4cyl mustang isn't on par with a shelby v8, it's still a mustang. The camaro on the other hand is for poor mullet headed rednecks too cheap to buy a corvette as far as everyone else is concerned.

You put a few decades of that mindset in people and it doesn't matter if camaro embraces the past or completely throws it out. Camaro is not going to be the same brand in people's minds as charger / challenger or mustang. As long as the choice is pretty much apples to apples in nearly everything but name, people will pick the charger or mustang more often than the camaro.

(and i dont think the challenger directly competes with the camaro. I think the charger does. The challenger is basically it's own market of nostalgia boats. )
Alot of your post is 80s related haha maybe even late 70s. The 5th gen was a huge hit from the beginning to the end. There are many reasons discussed about 6th gen sales being poor but it's been beaten to death. The Challenger isn't a hit because it promotes longer duration repayment options...it's a hit because people like the design and performance of the car. Maybe Dodge has it right by offering a performance boat with a usable backseat and trunk.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #35
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Alot of your post is 80s related haha maybe even late 70s. The 5th gen was a huge hit from the beginning to the end. There are many reasons discussed about 6th gen sales being poor but it's been beaten to death. The Challenger isn't a hit because it promotes longer duration repayment options...it's a hit because people like the design and performance of the car. Maybe Dodge has it right by offering a performance boat with a usable backseat and trunk.
Except their success isn't limited to the Challenger in this market. Common denominator is excessive financing agreements. Rear seats doesn't hurt though.

The Camaro was declining thru the 3rd and 4th gens which was the 90's and 2000's . The 5th had nostalgia boosts from being gone for 10 years, and more importantly, it had rental fleet sales to buff it's numbers. GM changed Camaro rental strategies for 2016 onward...coinciding with the 6th gen.

Looking like a forgettable 70's Camaro got fat isn't going to save it. Neither is doing what they have been doing for the last 5 years.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:55 PM   #36
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Except their success isn't limited to the Challenger in this market. Common denominator is excessive financing agreements. Rear seats doesn't hurt though.

The Camaro was declining thru the 3rd and 4th gens which was the 90's and 2000's . The 5th had nostalgia boosts from being gone for 10 years, and more importantly, it had rental fleet sales to buff it's numbers. GM changed Camaro rental strategies for 2016 onward...coinciding with the 6th gen.

Looking like a forgettable 70's Camaro got fat isn't going to save it. Neither is doing what they have been doing for the last 5 years.
The 4th Gen is gaining ground in the market. Solid cars are getting decent prices. The 5th gen has a style that will always be desirable ..muscle car looks with a modern touch. It came off a hiatus but was bound to be a hit with that style. I have looked at a few Scat packs and have my eye on a 6th gen 1le. Now tho I see just as few 5th gens on the road as I do 6th gens. Mustangs and Challengers everywhere. I don't know what future the Camaro has but a 5th gen look with a 6th gen drive train may be all that's needed.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #37
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
First thing that came to my mind was 1980's Japanese car.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #38
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Oh there is wayyyyy too much heritage of the 5th gen in the 6th. Seriously, they were very afraid to move away from that success and it turned into a fail of sorts.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #39
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just let go of the past. IF there is a next generation Camaro it will have to to look into the future in many respects including propulsion. A hodgepodge of styling grabs from old Camaros and the now dead Impala don’t make a compelling design.
Agreed!
Enough of the shitty renderings.