Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 04-08-2020, 08:11 PM   #1
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Whats my car worth

I'd like to put my car up for sale and looking for suggestions on its worth. I'm in Canada so hard to gauge looking at all the other comparables listed here. I was thinking of asking $23k CDN which is about $16,400 USD. Looking at all the asking prices here maybe thats too low ?

2010 2SS/RS

- Every option except sunroof
- 28,500kms (17,700 miles)
- LS3 manual
- Factory ground effects
- All original except a CIA and Flowmaster exhaust.
- Tuned by Trifecta (Aug 2018)
- 20% window tint (Aug 2017)
- Clean carfax report no accidents
- New BRGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 tires
- Black carbon fiber vinyl bowtie overlays

I don't have any interior pics of the car I will take some when I pull it out of winter storage in a few weeks. Needless to say the interior is flawless.

Everything works perfect on this car and looks new inside and out. Showroom condition stored winters and always garaged.
Attached Images

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
prod

Drives: HHR
Look at autotrader prices. That price looks good to list, but dont expect to get that much.
Im guessing trade in value would be about $16000, so private sale around $18.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:14 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
That's a nice looking car AND it has the factory ground effects package. I'd say easily $18k USD, but you might get closer to $20k USD based on the condition and low miles.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #4
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prod View Post
Look at autotrader prices. That price looks good to list, but dont expect to get that much.
Im guessing trade in value would be about $16000, so private sale around $18.
Hey thanks for the feedback. I think your pretty bang on with that price and I looked up the black book trade-in value and the range is $13k - $16k. Meaning mine would be around $16k. Typically I think you should get $2k-$3k more privately.

Here's a list of all the 2010 comparables listed in Autotrader in Ontario. Average asking price is $22,600 and they all have more miles than mine most alot more. And personally the cars that have a ton of aftermarket installed parts doesn't increase the value if anything decreases. Especially mods to the engine. Also IMO the LS3's should be worth more than the L99's, more stock hp and torque.

So based on the autotrader comps I should at least be asking in the mid $20s. Problem is asking price vs selling price aren't the same and there's no way of knowing how much their actually selling for.

Also their asking way more in the US for these cars than in Canada when you calculate the exchange rate but I guess that doesn't matter since I'm in Canada.
Attached Files
File Type: doc CamaroSale.doc (579.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 04-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #5
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
That's a nice looking car AND it has the factory ground effects package. I'd say easily $18k USD, but you might get closer to $20k USD based on the condition and low miles.
Thanks and I think your about right. BTW your blue with the white or silver stripes is my favorite especially with the ground effects love that look.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorSS View Post
Thanks and I think your about right. BTW your blue with the white or silver stripes is my favorite especially with the ground effects love that look.
Thanks. I added the ground effects a couple years ago because I'd always wanted them. IMO it really sets off the look of these cars. Also, the aqua blue with white is common, but mine with silver isn't quite so common so I love that aspect of it. Thanks again for the kind words and good luck with the sale of your car. It appears to be a super clean car and I hope you get top dollar for it.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:40 PM   #7
prod

Quote:
Hey thanks for the feedback. I think your pretty bang on with that price and I looked up the black book trade-in value and the range is $13k - $16k. Meaning mine would be around $16k. Typically I think you should get $2k-$3k more privately.

Here's a list of all the 2010 comparables listed in Autotrader in Ontario. Average asking price is $22,600 and they all have more miles than mine most alot more. And personally the cars that have a ton of aftermarket installed parts doesn't increase the value if anything decreases. Especially mods to the engine. Also IMO the LS3's should be worth more than the L99's, more stock hp and torque.

So based on the autotrader comps I should at least be asking in the mid $20s. Problem is asking price vs selling price aren't the same and there's no way of knowing how much their actually selling for.

Also their asking way more in the US for these cars than in Canada when you calculate the exchange rate but I guess that doesn't matter since I'm in Canada.
First of all, your car looks beautiful and well taken care of. I also agree the LS3 should be worth more, but I wouldnt count on it unless you are willing to wait longer for that more specific type of buyer.
The problem is finding someone motivated to actually do business with. The current situation with covid is probably making it even worse for sellers as cash is short for many people and some just dont want to go out right now.
If you do list high, it might just turn away some prospective buyers. If you list low then it encourages low balling.
If you really are wanting to sell in the quickest and easiest way, list for what you actually expect to get, and specify that it is a firm price. After you gauge the response, you may still have to adjust the price or wait longer for a solid buyer, so it also depends on how motivated you are to sell.
I have seen a lot of cars listed privately on autotrader and kijijiautos that disappear after a month or so, only to show up at a dealership another month or two later listed for the same price or less. That means the private seller traded in for much less than that, not wanting to spend the time and effort.
You sound like you are on the right track though, good luck with the sale.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #8
Cyrus

Quote:
First of all, your car looks beautiful and well taken care of. I also agree the LS3 should be worth more, but I wouldnt count on it unless you are willing to wait longer for that more specific type of buyer.
The problem is finding someone motivated to actually do business with. The current situation with covid is probably making it even worse for sellers as cash is short for many people and some just dont want to go out right now.
If you do list high, it might just turn away some prospective buyers. If you list low then it encourages low balling.
If you really are wanting to sell in the quickest and easiest way, list for what you actually expect to get, and specify that it is a firm price. After you gauge the response, you may still have to adjust the price or wait longer for a solid buyer, so it also depends on how motivated you are to sell.
I have seen a lot of cars listed privately on autotrader and kijijiautos that disappear after a month or so, only to show up at a dealership another month or two later listed for the same price or less. That means the private seller traded in for much less than that, not wanting to spend the time and effort.
You sound like you are on the right track though, good luck with the sale.
I totally agree with everything you said there. And thats my concern listing too high or too low. I never paid any attention to what these cars have been selling for in years. With COVID right now I don't expect to sell since really nobody can even come look at the car but thought I'd get my listing ready and determine the correct asking price so when the time comes I'm ready to go. I'm certainly not desperate I love this car and happy to keep it but I'm one of those people thats never satisfied and after reading more about the 6th gens I really want one. I don't have a ton of money to sink into a "weekend warrior" vehicle so getting top dollar is imperative since the price of a used 6th gen with low miles is over $40k. Its shocking to see these cars 3-4 years old and their asking $40k - $45k for them when they were only $50k - $55k brand new. I knew Corvette's really hold their value I didn't know V8 Camaro's did too.

Appreciate the feedback thanks. More important things going on in the world I guess this takes my mind off it.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #9
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
You can get a 6th gen 1SS 1LE for about $30k-$33k. GLWS and they are fun! After owning both, I still can't decide which I like better.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:47 PM   #10
prod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
You can get a 6th gen 1SS 1LE for about $30k-$33k. GLWS and they are fun! After owning both, I still can't decide which I like better.
We were talking Canadian dollars there, add about 50% for straight exchange.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #11
prod

Quote:
I totally agree with everything you said there. And thats my concern listing too high or too low. I never paid any attention to what these cars have been selling for in years. With COVID right now I don't expect to sell since really nobody can even come look at the car but thought I'd get my listing ready and determine the correct asking price so when the time comes I'm ready to go. I'm certainly not desperate I love this car and happy to keep it but I'm one of those people thats never satisfied and after reading more about the 6th gens I really want one. I don't have a ton of money to sink into a "weekend warrior" vehicle so getting top dollar is imperative since the price of a used 6th gen with low miles is over $40k. Its shocking to see these cars 3-4 years old and their asking $40k - $45k for them when they were only $50k - $55k brand new. I knew Corvette's really hold their value I didn't know V8 Camaro's did too.

Appreciate the feedback thanks. More important things going on in the world I guess this takes my mind off it.
Did you see the 2018 2SS in Niagara for $25k? High mileage but Im considering it.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #12
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
Definitely want a 2SS so I have blind spot monitoring. Also prefer leather. Don't need a 1LE not tracking it. I do love the look of the 1LE however.

Are you saying you've had both 5th and 6th gens and your still not sure which you like better ? I thought the 6th gens are night and day better but I've never driven one just basing my opinion on reviews I've read.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #13
Cyrus

Quote:
Did you see the 2018 2SS in Niagara for $25k? High mileage but Im considering it.
Not seeing this car. Too far for me anyways. Whats the mileage ?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #14
prod

Quote:
Not seeing this car. Too far for me anyways. Whats the mileage ?
My mistake, its a manual 2016 2SS with 120000 km
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/chevrole...o/19_11387153_

I would actually prefer the larger 5th gen SS as I have use for the rear seats, more of a muscle car/cruiser to me.
6th gen has better performance but much less room inside, more of a sports car.