Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-09-2023, 01:50 PM   #14435
TurtleSS

Drives: 24 Camaro 2ss 1le M6 Riptide
Washed and installed the roto fab (was extremely simple, but the directions aren’t clear on removing the expansion can and plug from the stock elbow)
Attached Images

10/5/23 order still at 1100
TurtleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #14436
Socal Shock

Drives: 2020 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
New spoiler.
Very nice. What are the details?
Socal Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 02:32 AM   #14437
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02WhiteWs6 View Post
reupholstered one seat with leather. I'll save the rest for next week.

If those wrinkles don’t work themselves out, look up steaming leather seats on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:31 PM   #14438
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Got some new Conti DSw06+ all the way around…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:42 PM   #14439
Mr. Tallahassee

Drives: Red 2018 Chevy 1LT RS Package
Lot of crusing
Mr. Tallahassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:56 PM   #14440
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Well, not today, but tomorrow, installing some RST P1X Lowering Springs from Phastek... Supposed to give a 1.25" drop on MRC cars... I'll be sure to get some before and afters... When I went from my stock SS wheels/tires to 1LE spec wheels/tires, I picked up about a 1/2" of wheel gap (and I thought the gap was a little excessive before the new wheels/tires) so hoping this will look really good and give the car a very aggressive stance... I still want some fender/tire gap but just nowhere what I have now (which is only maybe 0.50" to 0.75" more than my buddies 1LE), I just don't want it to look like a ricer with the tires all up in the wheel wells, but I don't think that will be the case...

So, I found out today that some of the bolts that need to be removed on the rear are in fact TTY (Torque-to-Yield (i.e. Single Use)) bolts, so that added about $60 to the project... Funny on all the install videos no one ever mentions replacing the bolts (and I'm sure many don't) but I'm going to just to do things per the Service Manual... (I'm still short 1 bolt but picking that up in the morning...)

After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 12-13-2023 at 12:08 AM.
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 08:42 AM   #14441
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Well, not today, but tomorrow, installing some RST P1X Lowering Springs from Phastek... Supposed to give a 1.25" drop on MRC cars... I'll be sure to get some before and afters... When I went from my stock SS wheels/tires to 1LE spec wheels/tires, I picked up about a 1/2" of wheel gap (and I thought the gap was a little excessive before the new wheels/tires) so hoping this will look really good and give the car a very aggressive stance... I still want some fender/tire gap but just nowhere what I have now (which is only maybe 0.50" to 0.75" more than my buddies 1LE), I just don't want it to look like a ricer with the tires all up in the wheel wells, but I don't think that will be the case...

So, I found out today that some of the bolts that need to be removed on the rear are in fact TTY (Torque-to-Yield (i.e. Single Use)) bolts, so that added about $60 to the project... Funny on all the install videos no one ever mentions replacing the bolts (and I'm sure many don't) but I'm going to just to do things per the Service Manual... (I'm still short 1 bolt but picking that up in the morning...)
I actually did this job a couple weeks back installed Eibach 1LE pro kit springs. For the rear, I used the method in Lethal's video and instead of undoing all the outer arm bolts, I only did the one inner LCA bolt which made things a lot faster. If you have aftermarket exhaust though, the passenger side LCA will hit the exhaust when lining back up. I had to wedge the exhaust sideways to swing the LCA up to line back up. Definitely helps to have a second set of hands there.

https://youtu.be/zTTdWRUchow?si=4baOUsro3QDgJ1N_

Build thread for photos
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=612717&page=4

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 05:44 PM   #14442
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
I actually did this job a couple weeks back installed Eibach 1LE pro kit springs. For the rear, I used the method in Lethal's video and instead of undoing all the outer arm bolts, I only did the one inner LCA bolt which made things a lot faster. If you have aftermarket exhaust though, the passenger side LCA will hit the exhaust when lining back up. I had to wedge the exhaust sideways to swing the LCA up to line back up. Definitely helps to have a second set of hands there.

Build thread for photos
After doing some measuring we decided the P1X springs were going to be too much of a drop so postponing the project for now, may go with the Eibach lowering springs instead as they only drop about 1" or slightly less...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
Old 12-13-2023, 06:08 PM   #14443
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Damn, I was hoping to see that ricer look!
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:51 PM   #14444
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:

Build thread for photos
Did you do the spring replacement on a lift? Or QuickJack?

The job doesn't look too difficult overall...

Old 12-14-2023, 09:27 AM   #14445
speedyink1

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE 6MT
Was doing a walk around today, making sure everything was staying mostly dry and all that. Was looking underneath and noticed the exhaust...are they supposed to look this derpy? I mean...I don't know how they would **** that up at the factory, but my mind needs to know, lol
(To be clear it's the "crimped" section I'm talking about)

speedyink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:37 AM   #14446
SSEssence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Did you do the spring replacement on a lift? Or QuickJack?

The job doesn't look too difficult overall...
Did it by myself in the driveway with a standard jack and suv jack stands. Not too bad, took me 4 hours from start to finish and I installed CT5 blackwing front brake ducts and oil change while I was under there.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:39 AM   #14447
SSEssence

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink1 View Post
Was doing a walk around today, making sure everything was staying mostly dry and all that. Was looking underneath and noticed the exhaust...are they supposed to look this derpy? I mean...I don't know how they would **** that up at the factory, but my mind needs to know, lol
(To be clear it's the "crimped" section I'm talking about)

Yup the factory crimped section is normal. Most people replace it with an aftermarket exhaust or x pipe.

Old 12-14-2023, 12:24 PM   #14448
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Yup the factory crimped section is normal. Most people replace it with an aftermarket exhaust or x pipe.
Yep - normal. GM in its wisdom to make “one size fits all” crimps all models of exhaust this way as the convertible models need the clearance for some underside bracing. FWIW - numerous people report that this crimped section is not causing any measurable power restriction at stock power levels.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote