Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #29
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Ted, how is delta gains calculated?

Also I don't get my stock dyno # since your dyno is nicknamed the "Heartbreaker". Seems way too high.

See you tomorrow.

But hey everybody support Ted for how he gives us the real skinny. No BS. That is part of the reason why I did this. And to keep up with a certain Mustang....
Delta is largest difference in the graph and why I noted @ RPM

My dyno is neither a heart breaker nor a fluffer, it is spot on and can be backed up with track performance every time.

Your car is right where all the other 16s are when tested properly on an accurate dyno.

Accurate readings can only be obtained when proper dyno testing procedures are followed.

I will never blow smoke for anyone for any reason, because the truth always prevails.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Delta is largest difference in the graph and why I noted @ RPM

My dyno is neither a heart breaker nor a fluffer, it is spot on and can be backed up with track performance every time.

Your car is right where all the other 16s are when tested properly on an accurate dyno.

Accurate readings can only be obtained when proper dyno testing procedures are followed.

I will never blow smoke for anyone for any reason, because the truth always prevails.

Ted.
Thanks Ted. As to the last part I can only hope.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:29 AM   #31
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
So the last piece of the puzzle, stock vs aftermarket muffler?
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
So the last piece of the puzzle, stock vs aftermarket muffler?
As I said in the first post stock muffler but i did forget to mention with NPP.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #33
mrc54

Drives: SS1 convertible
Quote:
NO SIR tested it ZERO
Please clarify, the green filter gave no HP gain? Or no gain over a K&N? Or no gain over stock filter??
mrc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #34
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Picked up the SS today and drove it home. The sound in Track and Sport is loud, but much quieter in Tour and S&I. Quiet on the highway in all modes. Zero drone. Amazing. It feels much stronger on the top end. A track test will have to wait until next week.

Also Ted's crew fitted the stock side covers on the MSD and it looks great! Great job by Ted and crew. Highly recommended.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:35 AM   #35
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
This has answered some the questions I had for my 1LE build...

Since I plan on doing a cam (and doing HPDE events), looks like I'll be doing a dry filter and 2in LTs.

The other day Tony Mamo popped up on corvetteforum saying he'll be offering ported MSD IMs and ported TBs too - For those all motor dudes who want to get every last bit of it.

I plan on the following...
Dry roto fab
ported MSD
ported upgraded tb
TSP VVT3 Cam
2in LTs (either SW or CPR - if they're making em yet)
3in catless x-pipe
undecided on NPP vs 3in cat-back yet
Flex Fuel kit+E85
Tune

I'm hoping that setup will net in the 500-550whp range... we'll see if that is possible, but I'm optimistic.
'22 Kia EV6 First Edition
'18 RS3 (1 of 2) Cumulus Blue
'24 911 T (ordered)

Formers...
'19 RS5 Sportback Sonoma Green | '07 Cayman S 6MT | '16 Audi S3 Prestige Viper Green (APR Stage 3+) | '19 Mustang Shelby GT350R | '17 SS 1LE MBM 575whp all-motor
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #36
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
NO SIR tested it ZERO
So you tested both K&N and Green drop in filters? Green gained zero, what about K&N?

Thx -
Old 11-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #37
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
please save me

Quote:
As I said in the first post stock muffler but i did forget to mention with NPP.
ugghhhhh and ugghhhh again. SO BASICALLY, as Im new to all this DYNO,MSD, ARH, etc etc etc, talk......... the STOCK box is good but an aftermarket is better in the long run for modding?
The STOCK muffler your saying to keep over AFTERMARKET if you have NPP? (what about at least getting rid of the huge dumpsters for mufflers with an axleback)
The DRY Rotofab filter is overall better and gives the most gains?

please clarify this Im hungry, aggravated and just wanna get some pancakes to calm my nerves after reading those charts.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #38
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Wow only 6 rwhp for a cold air kit? What's the diameter of the MAF housing on the aftermarket kits versus stock? I'm guessing they're the same if you don't have to tune for them. I would believe going to a larger diameter intact tract would help more but require a tune. I'm really impressed at the gains with headers. That's impressive. Great tests. I'm looking forward to the same testing when you get a 17 ZL1.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #39
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
ugghhhhh and ugghhhh again. SO BASICALLY, as Im new to all this DYNO,MSD, ARH, etc etc etc, talk......... the STOCK box is good but an aftermarket is better in the long run for modding?
The STOCK muffler your saying to keep over AFTERMARKET if you have NPP? (what about at least getting rid of the huge dumpsters for mufflers with an axleback)
The DRY Rotofab filter is overall better and gives the most gains?

please clarify this Im hungry, aggravated and just wanna get some pancakes to calm my nerves after reading those charts.
GM did an excellent job with the stock cold air intake for a stock engine. As your modifications continue to increase the mass air flow potential of your engine you will begin to see the limitations of the stock intake. What essentially happens is you start seeing measurable pressure drops through the system. Pressure drops mean there is a restriction limiting air flow. On a FI application this is quite significant. If you retain the stock intake you will be leaving HP on the table. There is a link on the forum showing very significant gains on a FI car going from stock to their unit.

It is also important to mention that the Roto-fab unit does not cause any appreciable MAF output error. If you are concerned about not having to tune right now Roto-fab is an excellent choice!

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #40
streetyme

Drives: 2016 2SS nav mag ride npp a8
First off many thanks to you for taking the time to evaluate the 2016 at different levels .. SCT shows almost 16 rwhp and almost 28 ft at the wheels on a 93 tune does that seem a little high? I had a fully bolt on L99 and finding out that this car seems to be much more efficient all the way around .. What are your thoughts on a ported throttle body? I guess cat backs are mostly for sound , I have the NPP if that makes any difference...
Again thanks for taking the time to collect data...
Weld Laguna 17x10 18x5

2006 mustang gt Magnuson Livernois stage 2 heads stage 2 blower cams dynatech headers 4.10's Circle D convertor 533/511bs) (9.8lbs)
streetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #41
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
GM did an excellent job with the stock cold air intake for a stock engine. As your modifications continue to increase the mass air flow potential of your engine you will begin to see the limitations of the stock intake. What essentially happens is you start seeing measurable pressure drops through the system. Pressure drops mean there is a restriction limiting air flow. On a FI application this is quite significant. If you retain the stock intake you will be leaving HP on the table. There is a link on the forum showing very significant gains on a FI car going from stock to their unit.

It is also important to mention that the Roto-fab unit does not cause any appreciable MAF output error. If you are concerned about not having to tune right now Roto-fab is an excellent choice!

Tim
Well said, Tim. Your input is very valuable to us. Gains are hard to come by on this car, and we are proud to offer what we believe is the best aftermarket CAI available for the 2016 Camaro SS!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #42
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
This has answered some the questions I had for my 1LE build...

Since I plan on doing a cam (and doing HPDE events), looks like I'll be doing a dry filter and 2in LTs.

The other day Tony Mamo popped up on corvetteforum saying he'll be offering ported MSD IMs and ported TBs too - For those all motor dudes who want to get every last bit of it.

I plan on the following...
Dry roto fab
ported MSD
ported upgraded tb
TSP VVT3 Cam
2in LTs (either SW or CPR - if they're making em yet)
3in catless x-pipe
undecided on NPP vs 3in cat-back yet
Flex Fuel kit+E85
Tune

I'm hoping that setup will net in the 500-550whp range... we'll see if that is possible, but I'm optimistic.
I think you will need a low pressure fuel system upgrade to run e85 with all of that.
parish8 is offline   Reply With Quote