Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #337
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It was an original, numbers matching 396 SS?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #338
kwhizz

Drives: 60's Muscle
Was............LOL
kwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #339
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Great press and what an amazing ride !
Old 07-14-2014, 12:33 AM   #340
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
Was............LOL
Wow, sorry to say but what a waste of an SS. I don't understand the logic of hacking up an original, numbers matching SS. That just blows my mind.

It's unfortunate you find humor in the destruction of a surviving classic. It's not like there aren't plenty of Chevelles that aren't numbers matching and original to modify.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #341
kwhizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Wow, sorry to say but what a waste of an SS. I don't understand the logic of hacking up an original, numbers matching SS. That just blows my mind.

It's unfortunate you find humor in the destruction of a surviving classic. It's not like there aren't plenty of Chevelles that aren't numbers matching and original to modify.

I want to "Drive" my cars.............and the latest Technology makes that happen.........I've been thru the numbers matching stuff and have brought back many a car to that point that would have been wasted without those efforts..........I'm just into the next phase of the Hobby........Sorry if you are offended......But.........I don't care!!!

Ken
Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #342
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
I want to "Drive" my cars.............and the latest Technology makes that happen.........I've been thru the numbers matching stuff and have brought back many a car to that point that would have been wasted without those efforts..........I'm just into the next phase of the Hobby........Sorry if you are offended......But.........I don't care!!!

Ken
And there are thousands of other cars for you to do that with that aren't numbers matching and original.

I'm not offended, I just think it's moronic to do that to a car someone else would have preserved.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #343
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
And there are thousands of other cars for you to do that with that aren't numbers matching and original.

I'm not offended, I just think it's moronic to do that to a car someone else would have preserved.
I think you may have paid a premium to get #'s matching, which confuses me a bit.

That being said. I really like what you've done to the car. It's a really cool build. I'm sure when you decide to sell it, the line of potential buyers will be quite long.

You probably know this, but I'll say it anyway. I think you could make creating cars like this a full time job. (maybe I'm wrong as the purchase price required may be too high . . .) However, there are a number of big fans of this build and your work.

Please tell us here if you ever decide to put this car up for sale. And thank you for sharing your build with us.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #344
kwhizz

So......After driving this Beater all summer......Here are a few observations.......Starting with a #'s matching restored car was one of those should I or shouldn't I deals.........In retrospect, I wouldn't change a thing........The time and aggravation of doing the Body/Paint/Interior thingy was well worth the little extra cost at the start of the project........It might have been a little different story if there was shoddy workmanship involved, but...........that wasn't the case here.....Driving the car has been a blast.......basically it didn't miss a beat all summer (5500 miles).....as far as I'm concerned, It's the perfect blend of "Old" with the drive ability of all the "New" stuff (that's also what the GM guy's on the Power Tour thought and why they did the Feature on the car........ https://theblock.com/news/ken-tibor-s-1966-chevelles-performance-trumps-value-2014-hot-rod-power-tour-feature-car The car never gets hot.....even with the A/C blowing ice cubes......Did I mention Torque.......LOL.....Now I know why Charley is always smiling while driving his Camaro..........

http://vid13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/kwhizz/66%20SS%20Chevelle/MOV_3844MOV.mp4

After the Power Tour was over........one of the regulars we travel with for the week is Steve Kranick who just started a Hydrographics business schotrods@Hotmail.com ...........Between Steve and my son Chris they worked behind the scenes and did a new engine cover to surprise me with as they hated that red cover
.........The finishing touch.......

Before

After

The ride, comfort, handling, and power in this beater is awsum......Looking forward to the Muscle Car Adventure Event in a couple of weeks with Stefano............
Old 09-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #345
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Thanks for the mention.

Check out www.MuscleCarAdventures.com this September 19-21st for our own Midwest Touring Event. All cars welcome, new, old or any combination thereof.

BTW.....that looks nice. Time for more HP! : )
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #346
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
I saw this unbelievable car on Power Tour this year and talked to Ken very briefly in Charleston I believe. Or maybe it was Knoxville. I don't remember because the stops sort of ran into each other after a few days...LOL.

It it one of those cars that you have to just stare at for a while to appreciate the level of workmanship that goes into a build like this. It was one of my favorite cars on HRPT14--and there were a lot of them. GM wanting to do a feature on this car is icing on the cake. Congrats Ken. Thank you for sharing this build on Camaro5 along the way and thanks for checking back in to let us know this has been the cruiser you expected it to be.

I've owned the numbers matching, classic cars as well. They are great, but there are plenty of them out there too. I'm amazed at the guys who criticize someone for doing this to a #s matching SS396. To each his own and it's a free country. Rock on.

Hope to see you on HRPT15, Ken. Super nice car. (But I already told you that in person!)

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #347
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I'll take this car before a number matching one any day of the week.. Unless it was one worth crazy money cause of the rarity.
My idea of a classic, looks of the old with power and comfort of the new.. simply Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by CRTZL1; 09-13-2014 at 02:33 PM.
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #348
kwhizz

Thanks Guys!!!..................
Old 09-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #349
kwhizz

Here are some of the numbers matching cars I have owned or brought back to life over the years........

Been There..........Driving them is a lot more fun.......
Old 09-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #350
kwhizz

Here's two that I did that are LS conversions........Both have LS2 drivetrains out of 2006 GTO's

Tags
#465, chevelle lsa, drivetrain #465, zl1, zl1 engine #465