Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-29-2023, 05:04 PM   #1
Greengator06

Drives: 2024 Camaro ZL1 Panther
Camber Plates

I don't know if this has been raised previously but has anyone installed the ZL1 Addons camber plates (or any other brand) on a ZL1 with magride with lowering springs (of any brand)?
Greengator06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Why would you want camber plates with a mag ride? Just change everything out to achieve your goal if it is to track the car.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:12 PM   #3
Greengator06

Do you not think a ZL1 with mag ride controlled by a DSC Sport controller and the right alignment specs would make a good track car?
Old 11-29-2023, 08:41 PM   #4
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Driver mod = best mod.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 07:12 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Not to take anything away from a ZLE (because I'm not speaking from experience), but I know of one of our Members that, essentially, took a stock ZL1 (M6) and converted (completely) to ZLE suspension, except for aero (he may have used the same tires - not ZLE spec' GYs), and found there was pretty much no difference in lap times at the track he went to. He was on Hoosiers, if I recall, and ran those tires for both lap time comparisons.

Travis Lambert, I believe, was the Member, and made a pretty cool thread about it. It might be worth a look for you.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:45 AM   #6
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Vorshlag. Thats the one I read about the most.

Heres a big thread on this..... https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544683

Also, here is a user that put them on their SS1LE (since it shares the same MRS as the ZL1) https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582502

To get some better reponses, you should post in the road course section.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:29 AM   #7
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengator06 View Post
Do you not think a ZL1 with mag ride controlled by a DSC Sport controller and the right alignment specs would make a good track car?
I have this setup on my ZL1. DSC sport controller, Vorshlag camber plates, and Eibach lowering springs. The car is incredible on track. I feel like the 1LE wheels/tires make more of a difference than the suspension.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:51 PM   #8
Greengator06

This is the exact setup I would like to run. Only difference is I was able to get a good price on H&R springs.

I am wondering about the camber plates, many positive reviews on the Vorshlag''s but nothing on the ZL1 Addons. It looks like the ZL1 Addons are similar to the factory 1LE's where you have two settings and the Vorshlag''s have multiple. Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old 12-05-2023, 05:11 PM   #9
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengator06 View Post
This is the exact setup I would like to run. Only difference is I was able to get a good price on H&R springs.

I am wondering about the camber plates, many positive reviews on the Vorshlag''s but nothing on the ZL1 Addons. It looks like the ZL1 Addons are similar to the factory 1LE's where you have two settings and the Vorshlag''s have multiple. Does anyone know if this is the case?
I can't say for ZL1 Addons, but I love my Vorshlag. They have a slide system to adjust camber, loosen the bolts and put the strut wherever you need it. I have heard the H&R springs are bouncy. Let me know what you think about them.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote