Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #43
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
Flat road, cruise control on at 55mph.
Look at the instant mpg readout. Should be mid-upper 20's.
If you're pulling a trailer...LOL.. I'm showing in the 30s MPG on flat roads with the cruise control set a 65 mph.. that is a SS with A8 in touring mode
Old 05-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #44
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Hello guys, I made this thread expecting nothing but great answers, and I did! Yesterday 05/08/19 I drove to school and took everything you guys told me and applied it to my situation. I started the car and put on my music and drove off without idling for a excessive amount of time just like you guys said. I drove on the same secluded road I always drove on, but this time I lowered my throttle time and put on cruise control (25-35 MPH). I displayed the gas meter which displays how much you have left until you run out, but this those not only show how many miles you have left, but also shows you if your in V4 mode. I found that going 30-35 MPH with CC on made the car stay on V4 mode for a long period of time. Overall I drove conservatively and found that I got 16MPG which is great. To be honest I feel as if I made this into a big deal, and that I should've expected this as a Camaro SS owner. Apologize again for the trouble and thank you for your recommendations and overall help!
Well TBH 11 MPG is very low for these cars. Even 16 MPG is pretty questionable. I I between 18 and 23 depending on traffic and how I drive all city streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
If you're pulling a trailer...LOL.. I'm showing in the 30s MPG on flat roads with the cruise control set a 65 mph.. that is a SS with A8 in touring mode
You're driving it wrong so those numbers dont count. Sports mode and no cruise control and drive it like it was meant to be driven. I havent used touring mode since I purchased the car.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:27 AM   #45
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Hello guys, I made this thread expecting nothing but great answers, and I did! Yesterday 05/08/19 I drove to school and took everything you guys told me and applied it to my situation. I started the car and put on my music and drove off without idling for a excessive amount of time just like you guys said. I drove on the same secluded road I always drove on, but this time I lowered my throttle time and put on cruise control (25-35 MPH). I displayed the gas meter which displays how much you have left until you run out, but this those not only show how many miles you have left, but also shows you if your in V4 mode. I found that going 30-35 MPH with CC on made the car stay on V4 mode for a long period of time. Overall I drove conservatively and found that I got 16MPG which is great. To be honest I feel as if I made this into a big deal, and that I should've expected this as a Camaro SS owner. Apologize again for the trouble and thank you for your recommendations and overall help!
What? No, don't apologize yet. 16mpg is not great. That isn't right. Did you even read the responses here? You should be able to tag at least 25 mpg at 35-45 miles per hour on flat ground, and 28-30mpg at 55-60mph. There is definitely something wrong.
Are you testing MPG when at full operating temperature?
Did you check your intake air filter?
Last oil change and % oil life left?
Using premium fuel?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:31 AM   #46
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
MPG should be anywhere from 22 to 8. It all depends on the foot and muscle memory. If you cut your teeth on a 4 banger, you have programed your foot to mash accordingly.
I had a 2011 1SS Camaro and traded it in for a Cruze because my employer transferred me 40 miles away from the house. I drove the Cruze for 5 years and then bought a 2019 Camaro due to suffering withdrawal symptoms.
My foot is used to dealing with the Turbo Lag of the cruze so I tend to be a little heavy. I'm trying to get better but I really don't give a damn.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #47
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
What? No, don't apologize yet. 16mpg is not great. That isn't right. Did you even read the responses here? You should be able to tag at least 25 mpg at 35-45 miles per hour on flat ground, and 28-30mpg at 55-60mph. There is definitely something wrong.
Are you testing MPG when at full operating temperature?
Did you check your intake air filter?
Last oil change and % oil life left?
Using premium fuel?
Dude, chill! The EPA estimated MPG for in city driving for a 6th gen Camaro SS is 16 mpg with a combined fuel economy of 19. He's where he should be and even if he wasn't he's happy.

OP, glad to hear the suggestions worked in your favor. It's hard to not romp on the go pedal because a super sport Camaro is a fun car to drive. Enjoy and good luck with the mpg!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #48
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
get a prius
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #49
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Answering Some Important Questions!

Hello guys, I understand that I didn't completely explain myself for the most part and most of you guys caught on to that, so that's why I'm going to answer some questions.

Q1: Is your care a Manual or a Auto?
A1: Auto

Q2: What is your current Oil Life?
A2: 40%, planning on doing a change in a month.

Q3: What tires are you running?
A3: I am running with a set of Hankook Ventus V12's

Q4: What type of fuel do I use?
A4: I use Chevron 91

Q5: Is your Intake Filter clean?
A5: That was "literally" the first thing I checked and it was clean, the air box wasn't so I cleaned it.

Q6: How's traffic? Freeway of Street?
A6: I mostly drive on the street in the morning, because driving on the freeway 7 o' clock in the morning in LA is like a Snail trying to skate on ice.

Listen, 16 MPG is not great I can tell you that much, but it's better then having 9,10-11 MPG that's for sure. I do agree with some of you, there has to be something amiss here I just need to find out what.
WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #50
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
traffic-light driving in california where the regular roads have 60 mph speeds but tons of lights will easily kill mpg if you dont drive like prius driver without depth perception.

You'd almost certainly have better mileage on the freeway since you're either cruising or you're stuck in traffic. Neither situation lends itself to heavy acceleration, stop, heavy acceleration, stop repetitions like you get on normal roads.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #51
Riverside2SS
Let's try this again...

Drives: 2023 Blazer RS AWD Nitro Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Not possible unless you're babying it. I drive the same way and lucky to get 18mpg. A 6.2L V8 driving spiritedly getting 24mpg?
I know how I drive.....you can call BS all you want....Gotta be your Cali smog...

1-12-19- 3100 status- TPW 2-11-19
1-18-19- 3300 status
1-21-19- 3400 status
2-18-19- 4300 status- #0134644
3-01-19- 4200 status
3-04-19- 5000 status
3-12-19- 6000 Status
Riverside2SS is offline   Reply With Quote