Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2022, 11:46 AM   #1
6.4nomore

Drives: 2022 2SS Shock and Steel
Shock and Steel missing carbon fiber or just discontinued?

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help me I noticed lately when looking at other pictures for the Shock and Steel that the illumination door trim aren't silver but carbon fiber. My '22 Camaro didn't come with that and I tried contacting the dealership and they stated that the part was discontinued?

I don't know how true that is because I can't find anything saying that and every picture and video I've looked at has the carbon fiber around the accent light.

My question is did GM really discontinue it or is it on backorder like everything else?
Old 07-01-2022, 04:20 PM   #2
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
It wasn’t discontinued, May have been a dealer installed part with the package that they chose not to install. Shock and Steel should have the carbon inserts for sure. Did you get the carbon fiber passenger dash piece?
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:25 AM   #3
6.4nomore

Yea I got the carbon fiber for the dash. Just nothing for the accent lights.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #4
6.4nomore

Alright, after speaking to the dealership's parts department I was told that the carbon fiber lighting on the door is the ZN2 package that comes with the convenience and lighting. What doesn't make sense to me is from my understanding is that the convenience and lighting is standard on the 2SS. I stated that and was told that the I would have to buy it myself because my shock and steel doesn't come with the ZN2 package. BUT, if you spec out a shock and steel on the configurator it shows up and even this https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/12...tion-interior/ shows that the ZN2 comes with the convenience and lighting.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4nomore View Post
Alright, after speaking to the dealership's parts department I was told that the carbon fiber lighting on the door is the ZN2 package that comes with the convenience and lighting. What doesn't make sense to me is from my understanding is that the convenience and lighting is standard on the 2SS. I stated that and was told that the I would have to buy it myself because my shock and steel doesn't come with the ZN2 package. BUT, if you spec out a shock and steel on the configurator it shows up and even this https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/12...tion-interior/ shows that the ZN2 comes with the convenience and lighting.
Sounds like the dealership messed up and owes you some CF parts. You should work with your salesman as the parts department won't be much help with a mistake like this.
Old 07-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
6.4nomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Sounds like the dealership messed up and owes you some CF parts. You should work with your salesman as the parts department won't be much help with a mistake like this.

I just talked to GM customer support because the salesman won't answer calls and now I'm even more confused because the young woman that just helped me stated she can't find a ZN2 code for my shock and steel. But, in the link I provided it says that the "Lit sill plate" is for ZN2 cars which is on the Shock and Steel. In which the dealer even confirmed that's supposed to be there.

So now I'm sitting here thinking if the 2SS comes with the convenience and lighting package (ZN2) standard why isn't it showing up when the build sheet/VIN is ran.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I just talked to GM customer support because the salesman won't answer calls and now I'm even more confused because the young woman that just helped me stated she can't find a ZN2 code for my shock and steel. But, in the link I provided it says that the "Lit sill plate" is for ZN2 cars which is on the Shock and Steel. In which the dealer even confirmed that's supposed to be there.

So now I'm sitting here thinking if the 2SS comes with the convenience and lighting package (ZN2) standard why isn't it showing up when the build sheet/VIN is ran.
This is a hot mess indeed.

Now, with that said, gmauthority.com is not an official source, and I checked the 2020, 2021 and 2022 order books (that are), see below.
- 2020 shock and steel was only available for the 3LT, with the ZN2 aka convenience and lighting package (which makes sense, since this was always an auxiliary package for lower than SS trims);
- 2021+ has no ZN2 package anymore;
- 2022 shock and steel is no longer dependent on ZN2, presumably because it was made available on other trims as well, most relevant of which is the 2SS;
- There is zero mention of a carbon fiber interior door trim anywhere with the shock and steel package, and in fact I have never seen such an OEM gm carbon fiber trim for the 6th gen Camaro.

This doesn't mean it is nonexistent of course, but either that or it must be very new, which is again unlikely, gm are winding down the car and removing options one by one until they discontinue the car altogether. It's unlikely that they would spec out and manufacture a super expensive new CF trim piece at this point.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
6.4nomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This is a hot mess indeed.

Now, with that said, gmauthority.com is not an official source, and I checked the 2020, 2021 and 2022 order books (that are), see below.
- 2020 shock and steel was only available for the 3LT, with the ZN2 aka convenience and lighting package (which makes sense, since this was always an auxiliary package for lower than SS trims);
- 2021+ has no ZN2 package anymore;
- 2022 shock and steel is no longer dependent on ZN2, presumably because it was made available on other trims as well, most relevant of which is the 2SS;
- There is zero mention of a carbon fiber interior door trim anywhere with the shock and steel package, and in fact I have never seen such an OEM gm carbon fiber trim for the 6th gen Camaro.

This doesn't mean it is nonexistent of course, but either that or it must be very new, which is again unlikely, gm are winding down the car and removing options one by one until they discontinue the car altogether. It's unlikely that they would spec out and manufacture a super expensive new CF trim piece at this point.

Makes sense but get this, after digging just a tad bit deeper the carbon fiber part that I have been mentioning is called "Interior Spectrum Lighting-Dark Night". In which the lighting panel is carbon fiber, there is also another lighting package which is called "Structura" which is standard on the 2SS.

When specing out a 2SS with with Shock and Steel on the site interior switches from "Structura" to "Dark Night". Where as if you spec out a 2LT it's another option you have to add on and it's not standard with the 2LT Shock and Steel.

I know it seems like a minor complaint but after it was brought to my attention at a recent meet it has made me question it. If GM is no longer putting it on the 2SS it would make sense to let people know or atleast update the configurator.

I have added pics for reference.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2022, 07:34 PM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Makes sense but get this, after digging just a tad bit deeper the carbon fiber part that I have been mentioning is called "Interior Spectrum Lighting-Dark Night". In which the lighting panel is carbon fiber, there is also another lighting package which is called "Structura" which is standard on the 2SS.

When specing out a 2SS with with Shock and Steel on the site interior switches from "Structura" to "Dark Night". Where as if you spec out a 2LT it's another option you have to add on and it's not standard with the 2LT Shock and Steel.

I know it seems like a minor complaint but after it was brought to my attention at a recent meet it has made me question it. If GM is no longer putting it on the 2SS it would make sense to let people know or atleast update the configurator.

I have added pics for reference.
Gotcha. All you say about this "dark night" interior spectrum lighting option (SIB) makes sense, except I see zero reference to it being carbon fiber anywhere. It has the same price as the red and the brushed aluminum ("Structura") options, photos don't show it as carbon fiber either, so I just don't see it.

Then again, this is gm we are talking about, so everything is possible, consistency need not apply
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:56 AM   #10
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
First off I would ask for the build sheet from GM @ socialmedia@gm.com with vin number.
the Shock and Steel edition package is B2E - SHOCK & STEEL SPECIAL EDITION: * 20" BLADE DESIGN ALUM
WHEELS * CARBON FLASH-PAINTED OUTSIDE MIRRORS * UNIQUE CENTER
STRIPE * SPOILER STRIPE * BODY-COLOR HIGH-WING SPOILER (DEALER
INSTALLED) * BLACK FUEL DOOR W/CARBON FIBER INSERT (DLR
INSTALLED) * YELLOW BRAKE CALIPERS * BLACK SUEDED KNEE PADS
(DEALER INSTALLED) * CARBON FIBER I.P. MOLDING * PREMIUM CARPETED
FLOOR MATS (DEALER INSTALLED) and the sill plates you are referring to B7G - SILL PLATES, ILLUMINATED this will help with going to your dealer and pointing out this is missing. The still plates are not dealer installed items.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #11
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Have you actually seen a production car with it? I only ask because it does not mention anywhere that it's included with the S&S package. You can't always go by the online builder as they have errors quite often.

You have to go by the order guide and if it's not listed as part of the package there, it's not supposed to have it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:48 PM   #12
6.4nomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Have you actually seen a production car with it? I only ask because it does not mention anywhere that it's included with the S&S package. You can't always go by the online builder as they have errors quite often.

You have to go by the order guide and if it's not listed as part of the package there, it's not supposed to have it.

That's what makes it kind of hard, finding another '22 shock and steel to compare to. But comparing it to the '21 models the only difference is that is stated by GM is that they discontinued the color Shock for Rapid Blue and the stanchion spoiler is now considered standard. Everything else remains the same, but the lighting is never mentioned on the window sticker. Here's one video of a '21 with it but not listed on the window sticker, and this is another one but in this one when he points out the dark night lighting at 8:15 he mentions it's part of package, when he shows the window sticker it's not listed ( video is in spanish unfortunately).

If another person with a '22 or '21 shock and steel could confirm their lighting is the dark night and not included on the window sticker it would confirm it just a bit more that way I'm not looking crazy .
Old 08-09-2022, 11:13 PM   #13
Stumeat

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I am looking to place my order for a '23 Rapid Blue 2SS with the Shock and Steel package tomorrow. A large part of why I picked this package was because I am not a huge fan of the brushed aluminum look, and the carbon inserts look GREAT! I will press my salesman and update here if I make any headway.
Stumeat is offline   Reply With Quote