Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 12-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #1
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
DTC code P0461 on my new car

Well I went and bought a 2016 2SS today and the car is completely awesome. I absolutely love it and the dealer I dealt with was great. I plan on posting pics tomorrow when the sun comes out, but I ran into an issue on the way home. The dealer had told me they filled the tank but the first time I remember looking at it right after i left it was only around 3/4 of a tank. On the way home (around 160 miles) I was getting great gas mileage around 30mpg but I noticed the needle on the gas gauge didn't seem to move. When I got to my home town, I looked down and saw the gas gauge on empty out of no where and about had a heart attack. I stopped at the gas station right away but the car would only take 7 gallons so that's when I started to realize something was wrong. When I got back in I noticed the check engine light on and gas gauge still on empty. I ran the code when I got home and its P0461 - fuel level sensor A circuit range/performance. I reset the car and the needle went back up around 3/4 of a tank but it should have read full so I drove it around 25 miles and the needle never moved.

So I know the code will go off again soon. I will have to take it to a local dealer on Monday probably but I hate to have to give up my car so fast right after I got it! I just wanted to ask if anyone has dealt with this code before and if there's any connections I could check to make sure it's not just a loose connector. I just really hope they don't have to do some big work on the car right away! The car is downright amazing otherwise. I'm very impressed with it.
Thanks
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Hopefully it's only a loose connection. Might have to drop the fuel tank? Keep everyone posted. Hope it's something simple.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:46 AM   #3
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Congrats! cant wait to see the pics. Hope the issue is something simple.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Congrats...maybe this is one of the issues for QC holds for early builds. Let us know the outcome.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Eesh. One of the reasons I got rid of my Z. Threw a code one too many tines.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #6
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
And so it begins.....
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
When was your car built?
Old 12-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Well I went and bought a 2016 2SS today and the car is completely awesome. I absolutely love it and the dealer I dealt with was great. I plan on posting pics tomorrow when the sun comes out, but I ran into an issue on the way home. The dealer had told me they filled the tank but the first time I remember looking at it right after i left it was only around 3/4 of a tank. On the way home (around 160 miles) I was getting great gas mileage around 30mpg but I noticed the needle on the gas gauge didn't seem to move. When I got to my home town, I looked down and saw the gas gauge on empty out of no where and about had a heart attack. I stopped at the gas station right away but the car would only take 7 gallons so that's when I started to realize something was wrong. When I got back in I noticed the check engine light on and gas gauge still on empty. I ran the code when I got home and its P0461 - fuel level sensor A circuit range/performance. I reset the car and the needle went back up around 3/4 of a tank but it should have read full so I drove it around 25 miles and the needle never moved.

So I know the code will go off again soon. I will have to take it to a local dealer on Monday probably but I hate to have to give up my car so fast right after I got it! I just wanted to ask if anyone has dealt with this code before and if there's any connections I could check to make sure it's not just a loose connector. I just really hope they don't have to do some big work on the car right away! The car is downright amazing otherwise. I'm very impressed with it.
Thanks
Consider yourself lucky to be doing your part amidst this logistically complex, enormous undertaking of a new car launch and production. The words below I borrowed from another post on the topic of complaints and problems. So just do your part and don't go overboard complaining....You just don't have a handle on the big picture yet. Good luck, though...

"Seems that some people have very unrealistic expectations about what's involved in building a car, and we're talking about a brand new design on a brand new line. We're not talking about making hamburgers. This is an absurdly complicated process and the logistics are staggering.

At this stage of the game, everybody is going to be working around the clock troubleshooting and trying to work the bugs out of the process, of which there will be a huge amount. Consequently, production will face many delays, compounded by the likelihood of an enormous backlog in QC with cars that are being triaged depending on the severity of the issue. There'll be all sorts of issues like bad paint quality, leaky weatherstripping, missing parts, damage, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if it took many weeks to get through the backlog, and months and months, if not the better part of a year to work out all of the production kinks.

It's to be expected, and it's going to require patience."
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Consider yourself lucky to be doing your part amidst this logistically complex, enormous undertaking of a new car launch and production. The words below I borrowed from another post on the topic of complaints and problems. So just do your part and don't go overboard complaining....You just don't have a handle on the big picture yet. Good luck, though...

"Seems that some people have very unrealistic expectations about what's involved in building a car, and we're talking about a brand new design on a brand new line. We're not talking about making hamburgers. This is an absurdly complicated process and the logistics are staggering.

At this stage of the game, everybody is going to be working around the clock troubleshooting and trying to work the bugs out of the process, of which there will be a huge amount. Consequently, production will face many delays, compounded by the likelihood of an enormous backlog in QC with cars that are being triaged depending on the severity of the issue. There'll be all sorts of issues like bad paint quality, leaky weatherstripping, missing parts, damage, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if it took many weeks to get through the backlog, and months and months, if not the better part of a year to work out all of the production kinks.

It's to be expected, and it's going to require patience."
This is 2016, not 1985. Other car companies release brand new cars without glitches, QC delays, or letting their customers double as beta testers.

Not an acceptable excuse in 2016.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #10
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
When was your car built?
Not exactly sure. I was checking dealers near me when I saw one that didn't say in transit anymore so I contacted them right away and they had just received it so I drove to go check it out the next day. Is there a way to find out?
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well that sucks...

Hopefully you can get this sorted out ASAP.

Congrats on the new car!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This is 2016, not 1985. Other car companies release brand new cars without glitches, QC delays, or letting their customers double as beta testers.

You are right, that's how it should be.

Hopefully the OPs car didn't slip through the cracks. In light of the QC audit/hold many are experiencing waiting for their cars, it's hard to imagine how the OPs made it out with this problem already.
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #13
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:

These comments always amaze me. When you produce an item in mass quanity, cars, toys, games, whatever it is there's going to be a problem or two when products ship.
That's why there's a warranty
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:

That is NEVER the case... With ANY product. There is not a single car company that releases cars without glitches. If they did, we wouldn't know the word "recall".
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote