Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #43
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
2017 1LE dedicated track car here.
In the NE so session is over and thinking about picking up used set of Multi Matics.
Tried to get a set of Penskis but just gave up.
Anyway I run R7 and with 18" rims and last time at the track I was running -4 camber. Outside edge wear and tires temps across tread were good. Set personal best lap times too. Anyway I was curious is -4 is possible or will modification will be necessary. I know I will need to clearance shock struck for rim clearance.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #44
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
In the NE so session is over and thinking about picking up used set of Multi Matics.
Anyway I run R7 and with 18" rims and last time at the track I was running -4 camber. Outside edge wear and tires temps across tread were good. Set personal best lap times too. Anyway I was curious is -4 is possible or will modification will be necessary. I know I will need to clearance shock struck for rim clearance.
You should be able to get -4 with the DSSV front by elongating the top adjustment hole a bit and having the strut in the TRACK position of course.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #45
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
JDP Motorsports has what they are saying is "The Ultimate 6th Gen Camaro Coilover Package that has been Tested and proven is available for your car now!".
Old 01-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #46
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:

why did you give up on the penskes? lol i got a contact over there
Old 01-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #47
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
why did you give up on the penskes? lol i got a contact over there
I'll pm u
Old 01-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #48
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
JDP Motorsports has what they are saying is "The Ultimate 6th Gen Camaro Coilover Package that has been Tested and proven is available for your car now!".
No remote reservoirs?
Penski bit more but would be worth extra dollars. Everyone I know with C5 or C6 T1 or T2 runs Penski.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #49
CaliforniaKid

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Thanks for sharing the camber sheet. I just picked up a new to me zl1 1le, was curious what a good track sheet looked like! Have any of you had any warranty issues running the rotofab intake?
CaliforniaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #50
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Here's a tip to get a little extra support for lining up the holes.

I just stuck a 1/4" drive tool into one of the holes and it really helped.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 536
Size:  124.4 KB
Old 04-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #51
CaliforniaKid

So I took my car to a local alignment shop after flipping the top hats to the track position. The most we could get was -2.9* up front which is good but he tried the screws at the bottom of each knuckle with no change in camber. Anyone have any pictures of where the adjustment is? In the manual it states “-2.7 (+-.15) so he kind of gave up after messing with the bolts because we were right where the manual said we should be with a trck alignment. I attached my sheet for reference...(Also thanks to the gentleman who recommended getting the zl1 addons permanent jack points for my quick jack)
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #52
curtis_metcalf

Drives: 20 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
So I took my car to a local alignment shop after flipping the top hats to the track position. The most we could get was -2.9* up front which is good but he tried the screws at the bottom of each knuckle with no change in camber. Anyone have any pictures of where the adjustment is? In the manual it states “-2.7 (+-.15) so he kind of gave up after messing with the bolts because we were right where the manual said we should be with a trck alignment. I attached my sheet for reference...(Also thanks to the gentleman who recommended getting the zl1 addons permanent jack points for my quick jack)
Im looking into SPL Parts FLCA's & tension rods to get more precision adjustment without flipping the hats.

Last edited by curtis_metcalf; 04-05-2020 at 01:50 AM. Reason: typo
curtis_metcalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:23 PM   #53
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Hi guys,

I had mine ( 1LE ) track aligned today at the dealership. I went to -2.4 in the front and -2.0 in the rear for camber.

Any one else not go all the way to -2.7 with the camber. I felt like it would not go as hard on the inside edge as I dont drive super hard on track but do like to track the car regularly.

Also when the hats get flipped am I supposed to see where it says track alignment or is what im seeing correct? Whats the purpose of rotating these over just aligning and cambering in the stock position?

Thanks
Pat
Attached Images

Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:16 PM   #54
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
^^^ That is not in the track alignment position for two reasons. 1) You will be able to see the "TRACK CAMBER" banner clearly on the outboard side of the strut top. 2) The gold pin is still in. You must remove this pin to be able to rotate the top of the strut. The gold pin is not replaced when you have turned it to the track alignment setting.

Take it back and have them do the track alignment again.

Camber is not what causes excessive wear on the inside of the tire. Toe is what will causes the inside wear. Get the toe near zero

Last edited by breakskeet; 04-09-2020 at 10:31 PM. Reason: correction
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:21 PM   #55
CaliforniaKid

This is mine in track alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post
Hi guys,

I had mine ( 1LE ) track aligned today at the dealership. I went to -2.4 in the front and -2.0 in the rear for camber.

Any one else not go all the way to -2.7 with the camber. I felt like it would not go as hard on the inside edge as I dont drive super hard on track but do like to track the car regularly.

Also when the hats get flipped am I supposed to see where it says track alignment or is what im seeing correct? Whats the purpose of rotating these over just aligning and cambering in the stock position?

Thanks
Pat
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2020, 06:15 AM   #56
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Thanks guys,

Ill have them redo it. Confirmed on the toe causing wear as well.

I read this last night and it helped me understand camber a bit more in relation to the alignment and the wear it causes.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/...egative-camber

Going to get it realigned with the -2.7 Camber setting.

Sorry for all the questions still a learning experience for me.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote