Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #575
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I’m going to assume that Ford extends warranty to track use for the GT500. If not, then there’s a whole other thread to needs to be discussed.
Knowing what I went through to get my 100% stock GT350 motor warrantied before I ever had it on the track, I truly feel for what some of them are going to go through in the near future here. There will be threads on it M6G when more of these get on the road. I’m pretty confident of it considering some of the threads along QC/reliability that have already popped up there.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #576
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Knowing what I went through to get my 100% stock GT350 motor warrantied before I ever had it on the track, I truly feel for what some of them are going to go through in the near future here. There will be threads on it M6G when more of these get on the road. I’m pretty confident of it considering some of the threads along QC/reliability that have already popped up there.
Anyone who has tried to get Ford to follow through on warranty work knows exactly what you are talking about. Once the repair is a major item and needs approval from Ford they drag their feet and try to get out of paying for your repair.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #577
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Anyone who has tried to get Ford to follow through on warranty work knows exactly what you are talking about. Once the repair is a major item and needs approval from Ford they drag their feet and try to get out of paying for your repair.
Yup, took roughly four months from start to finish. Which is almost an entire track/driving season here.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #578
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Yup, took roughly four months from start to finish. Which is almost an entire track/driving season here.
Need to get you down to Houston, minn. It's track season year around.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #579
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Need to get you down to Houston, minn. It's track season year around.
It would be nice, but we really like MN to. Especially since we are a hockey family to, which helps the winters go by quicker. I got the ZLE out last weekend and actually came across a Lamborghini Huracan. I got some crappy cell phone picks and talked to the guy briefly. He was itching to get his toy out to and some of us take advantage of the decent winter days every chance we get.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #580
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
The info I've seen posted online is that the warranty is good for HPDE and test/tune drags. If you enter any kind of timed competetive category (TT, bracket racing, etc.) you're on your own.
According to the owner's manual, it states the gt500 has the same warranty as all the other mustangs. It said nothing about being covered while racing of any sort. Bottom line is it comes with just a basic warranty and nothing more.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #581
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
It would be nice, but we really like MN to. Especially since we are a hockey family to, which helps the winters go by quicker. I got the ZLE out last weekend and actually came across a Lamborghini Huracan. I got some crappy cell phone picks and talked to the guy briefly. He was itching to get his toy out to and some of us take advantage of the decent winter days every chance we get.
Well, one thing's for sure, you guys have flawless summers. Just beautiful.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #582
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
So that means that if you run it down the strip and there is a car in the lane next to you when you have an issue then they will not cover your warranty. Which means that for every run, you'll have to make sure the workers allow you to run solo. Which is another Ford thing and one of the stupidest conditions I ever heard. Because they really don't want to cover it but GM covers their cars and Ford will look bad if they don't do something so they offer this half-cocked scheme in hopes that someone won't understand the rules, break them, and then Ford will be off the hook.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #583
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Page 70 has the warranty info. To me it looks pretty clear on what is/isn't covered. I've seen others state that Ford will cover them on track but I don't see that in the warranty info.

https://www.mustang6g.com/downloads/...Supplement.pdf
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #584
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
wow that verbiage is very vague and quite scary if i was an owner. has it changed from the 350 warranty? because they had no issues covering a shitload of those that went kaboom on track.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #585
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Well, one thing's for sure, you guys have flawless summers. Just beautiful.
I don’t know about flawless, but we definitely appreciate the hell out of them.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #586
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
wow that verbiage is very vague and quite scary if i was an owner. has it changed from the 350 warranty? because they had no issues covering a shitload of those that went kaboom on track.
I wonder if they almost had to due to the amount of bad motors and the advertising of the most track capable Mustang ever etc (or else another lawsuit). Because corporate sure didn’t want to replace mine without a lot of testing. I was also one of the early ones with a 16. By the time the 17s and 18s came along it seemed like they streamlined and sped up the process quite a bit.

FWIW to our Ford faithful here and lurking from M6G, I have no doubt people have horror stories dealing with GM as well. I obviously hope I don’t have to go down that road because it really does suck. These are supposed to be fun and none of them are cheap. It is pain when the toys become a massive headache. I know first world issues.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #587
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Nobody but you and JA care about this anymore, you guys can take it to PM and save the rest of us.
We are the only ones that care about him spreading misinformation and making up facts? Thats pretty dumb that no one else cares...
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #588
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
The info I've seen posted online is that the warranty is good for HPDE and test/tune drags. If you enter any kind of timed competetive category (TT, bracket racing, etc.) you're on your own.
or tweak the car in any way. Interesting on the test / tune drag part, the stock tires no matter how good the track prep will only yield so much launch. A slick will give a better launch but at a massive load on the trans, in specific, there are wrinkle wall slicks specially made to help manual trans drivetrains live longer. It is hard to believe that a DSG would hold a warranty on the drivetrain when slicks (or 00 wear DR) are installed. As I stated in the first comment, I could see maximum torque parameters being flag in the ECU.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote