Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #1
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
2010 SS hood with z28 intake kit.

Finally got around to installing my z28 cold air intake and oil separator. Super easy install since it was used and already out together lol. OEM fit and finish is what I wanted and I got a decent deal.

Find it interesting the inside tube has felt like material in it. I can definitely feel an improvement though in the seat if the pants through first and second gear.

My questions is how are you guys installing the hood sealant plate. Seems like the grommets would fit if I shaved off parts of the plate and maybe bought longer grommets?

Or is it even needed?

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
The CAI plastic hood lid is ONLY FOR Z28 since there is no hood insulation on the Z28. Our SS version has hood insulation which serves as the CAI lid when hood is closed. I tested the seal on the CAI and it does contact the SS hood insulation fully when hood is closed. The plastic lid piece in the kit is only used when no insulation is present.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
The CAI plastic hood lid is ONLY FOR Z28 since there is no hood insulation on the Z28. Our SS version has hood insulation which serves as the CAI lid when hood is closed. I tested the seal on the CAI and it does contact the SS hood insulation fully when hood is closed. The plastic lid piece in the kit is only used when no insulation is present.
Thank you! Couldnt find any info online. I was about to shave off the tabs and just make it fit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote