Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #29
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Or go oil less turbos like i did. Easiet install too
I know when the oil less turbos came out there were a few issues with them. Have they got that all figured out now? I don’t recall exactly what the issues were though. That sounds like a good option.
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #30
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
I know when the oil less turbos came out there were a few issues with them. Have they got that all figured out now? I don’t recall exactly what the issues were though. That sounds like a good option.
They still have a bad rap. Its hit or miss really
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #31
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Pd is positive displacement blower. They are your typical "roots" blowers that replace the intake.

If you buy the cai kit with the agp kit, it relocates the filters higher, making it less of a concern. Even with their as is filters, you'd have to drive through about a foot of water to even think you'd pick water up

This might be a stupid question but how quickly do the filters get dirty mounted to the bottom of the car? And are they hard to get to for cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #32
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
This might be a stupid question but how quickly do the filters get dirty mounted to the bottom of the car? And are they hard to get to for cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I change mine once every spring when i take it out the garage. You dont clean them just replace.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #33
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
The latest generation comps are good to go. They seem to have got all the bugs worked out a while ago. It simplifies the install and getting the engine oil away from the turbos is never a bad thing imo
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #34
teeroy97

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2TTSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro__ss View Post
Hey guys, thank you to all the smart, busy folks that have contributed to this forum. I’m thinking about TT my car. My Camaro is mainly a commuter and date car for my wife and I, it’s a toy that I goof around with and tinker with. Never been to the track or street raced. I want to twin turbo it, I want a fun machine that still drives reliably. I’ll do the work, but I’m not interested in getting into the engine. I’m really interested in hearing from folks who have been where I am now and what their thoughts are?
I went with base AGP 54/57 Journal Bearing, dual fuel pump from AGP with fuel sensor, and 1000cc injectors. I love it. Added a G-Force III boost controller, wideband AFR sensor that wires into the back of the boost controller, and an AGP mph switch to kick the boost up once you're in second gear. Running 8lbs, and then it kicks up to 16lbs when the mph gauge kicks in (at whatever speed I set on the fly). Love my setup. It's sneaky fast. Totally bone stock otherwise. No cam, no heads -- unopened engine. 740 whp.

https://www.facebook.com/troymoore97...action_generic
Old 11-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #35
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
i went with the AGP TT. just got back into autocrossing, and managing throttle/boost is trickier than if i'd done a blower, but that just means i need to be a better driver lol

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #36
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeroy97 View Post
I went with base AGP 54/57 Journal Bearing, dual fuel pump from AGP with fuel sensor, and 1000cc injectors. I love it. Added a G-Force III boost controller, wideband AFR sensor that wires into the back of the boost controller, and an AGP mph switch to kick the boost up once you're in second gear. Running 8lbs, and then it kicks up to 16lbs when the mph gauge kicks in (at whatever speed I set on the fly). Love my setup. It's sneaky fast. Totally bone stock otherwise. No cam, no heads -- unopened engine. 740 whp.

https://www.facebook.com/troymoore97...action_generic
16 on stock motor? E85?
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #37
E30Delara

Drives: 2014 Summit White ZL1
I finished the install of my AGP TT Kit about 1.5 months ago, everything works as well as everyone says it does. I just recently took it to Shift Sector(1/2mi event). It was 90* out at the strip, and ran it back to back to back, no lie. I really wanted to test it out, while everyone else was icing their cars or cooling down, I was getting back in line for another run. I ran my fastest times on those runs too, literally .3mph within each other(4 runs back to back). Yeah, it definitely lags for sure, compared to the LSA, but I still love it. Where the LSA is torquey down low and stays flat until redline, my turbos just keep pulling and pulling, once in boost. That's the trade off.

Setup

820rwhp @ 16.1psi 72* Ambient on E85

SBE LSA
AGP 57/57 Ball Bearing Garrett Turbos
ID1300X2 Injectors
DSX Flex Fuel Sensor and Aux Pump
GP Tuning Stage 2 PD Blower Cam
MM Catch Can
Old 11-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #38
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
Have any of you tried running co2? I run that on my setup and never have "lag."
Old 11-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #39
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by graf101 View Post
Have any of you tried running co2? I run that on my setup and never have "lag."
It definitely helps pinning the gate shut. Also adding timing in the lower boost levels/transition into boost. Then pulling it out and dumping fuel to get it to light.
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #40
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Something to consider.

Electronic Wastegates
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #41
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Any graphs of you nailing the throttle at a normal driving rpm to show this zero lag ?
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #42
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Any graphs of you nailing the throttle at a normal driving rpm to show this zero lag ?
To expand upon Stevie's request. Here are two logs. The first is a twin turbo log where the purple Kpa line is boost. This was a 427 with twin EFR7670s (57/58mm turbos). It seemed to never be out of boost and felt very OEM like and was as close to no lag as you could get. Although not as fast as a PD blower, it went to 200kpa (~14.5#) in less than 1/10th of a second.

The second graph is from my ZR1 with a positive displacement blower. Again, the purple line is kpa.

In the sections above the kpa, the green line is throttle. You can see with the turbos the boost lags a little behind but the PD blower throttle and kpa rise in unison. That's no lag at it's finest.
Attached Images

Last edited by blake-b; 11-07-2019 at 02:54 PM.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote