Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #15
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Seems like a Ford copy of the Tesla X down to the interior and decided to just slap the Mustang brand on it.. :smh:

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #16
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Gadzooks! Why do American auto markers think electric = ugly? Oh wait, never mind, big oil.
But I digress. Today's younger generations seem to flock to these oddballs. It'll prob sell well.
Younger people cannot afford 60K SUVS. Younger people shop the used market and lots of them are purchasing compact sedans. It is not the millennial but rather the boomers responsible for the SUV crave. Boomers think you have to have all wheel drive to get through the winter. Boomers enjoy the higher ride height of the SUVS. And Boomers think they are more spacious and safe. Of course there are plenty of millennials adopting these trends now too, but the boomers set the market for this direction.

Automakers will continue making compact sedans since many millennials are looking to purchase cheap sedans. Midsize sedans still have a market too. Large sedans are mostly a luxury segment. And plenty of two door coupes going away, sadly. I blame those that live in warmer climates for the disappearance of sport coupes. You don't understand if I was living in a warm area and didn't have to worry about winter I'd be driving a two door sports coupe year round.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #17
RagingHawk

Smile

Ford is making its all electric entry in the market and it needs to make a good first impression for this to succeed. Let's be real, it makes sense from a marketing strategy standpoint. Can you imagine if this an electric Edge or Escape? Would gain no traction whatsoever. And wouldn't sell considering how much they're charging for it. So of course they expand their most well known brand.

Although this is going to be funny for Mustang owners. Imagine owning a Mustang GT and being complimented by another fellow 'Mustang GT' owner only to see that that 'Mustang GT' is an electric SUV, lol. This is going to be worse than Corvette-Camaro owner bickering by a lot.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #18
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Looks like Ford ripped off a Nissan design.
Attached Images

Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #19
RagingHawk

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Seems like a Ford copy of the Tesla X down to the interior and decided to just slap the Mustang brand on it.. :smh:
It's an Explorer interior with a Mustang badge on the steering wheel instead and a giant iPad in the center console. I'm glad(based on information/leaks) that GM is not going to adopt this vertical iPad trend that the market is shifting to. Instead GM is going with dual horizontal screens like seen in Mercedes. Here's an example in the upcoming redesigned Escalade:

Old 11-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #20
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Younger people cannot afford 60K SUVS. Younger people shop the used market and lots of them are purchasing compact sedans. It is not the millennial but rather the boomers responsible for the SUV crave. Boomers think you have to have all wheel drive to get through the winter. Boomers enjoy the higher ride height of the SUVS. And Boomers think they are more spacious and safe. Of course there are plenty of millennials adopting these trends now too, but the boomers set the market for this direction.

Automakers will continue making compact sedans since many millennials are looking to purchase cheap sedans. Midsize sedans still have a market too. Large sedans are mostly a luxury segment. And plenty of two door coupes going away, sadly. I blame those that live in warmer climates for the disappearance of sport coupes. You don't understand if I was living in a warm area and didn't have to worry about winter I'd be driving a two door sports coupe year round.
You’re partially right. I know many Tesla owners..a few are relatives. The one common denominator, not all, seems to be the are environmentally conscious. Which
e-cars are marginally good for the environment anyway. In a close second is they think they’re saving money, which they are but it takes about five years before a Tesla actually starts paying for itself. The third reason is and I shit you not...they get really great parking where they work and free charging.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #21
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I think it makes no sense from a marketing standpoint. Nobody looking for an electric SUV cares about the Mustang name. That name WILL NOT lure anyone away from their Honda SUV. ALL it will do is piss off Mustang owners. And reading Mustang6g, they are, rightfully, pissed. As a former owner of a 69 and 2005 Mustang, I find it disgusting.
I don't know man, they had no other way of making an exciting entry into the electric auto market. The Escape(at least previous gen) and Edge are considered rental cars. They axed their sedans. Consumers SUV craze is not dying down. So it makes sense from a marketing standpoint but can blowback slightly if Mustang faithful abhor this thing.

I'm sure they're hoping Mustang owners pick one of these up for their wives. But, they don't really need it. Unfortunately, you are looking at enthusiast segment only and most consumers will find this to be really cool. Just like those people who wait in line to pick up the new iPhone to feel special, there will be a lot of people who want to be the first to get into the all new Mustang SUV, lol.

As for Lincoln, Lincoln doesn't have a good brand image. They are going through a big transformation phase now and yet to achieve the brand recognition they are looking for. The new Navigator, Aviator, and Corsair are a good start. They need time to reap the results though. Mustang on other hand has earned its brand recognition with the number one selling sport coupe in the world, the S550.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #22
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
You’re partially right. I know many Tesla owners..a few are relatives. The one common denominator, not all, seems to be the are environmentally conscious. Which
e-cars are marginally good for the environment anyway. In a close second is they think they’re saving money, which they are but it takes about five years before a Tesla actually starts paying for itself. The third reason is and I shit you not...they get really great parking where they work and free charging.
Lol, at all Universities you get exclusive parking and some charging stations as well. I actually don't know anyone with a Tesla. The younger people I know like them but can't afford them. The boomers I know are wealthy and getting into Mercedes sedans they've been dreaming of since they were children.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #23
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
EVs usually qualify for extensive rebates, and you can factor in gas mileage savings into cost of ownership to see that EVs while having a larger initial cost, do wind up being cheaper than the sticker suggests.
You CAN factor those savings into the cost, but even with the full federal and PA (since I see you live there also) tax rebates applied, by the time you break even you're upwards of five years into ownership of the thing, while all the gas and maintenance savings went into your high monthly payments. If those tax credits go away (which they should, particularly the big federal one), you'll never recoup the higher upfront costs in the likely time you'll own the thing.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #24
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
You CAN factor those savings into the cost, but even with the full federal and PA (since I see you live there also) tax rebates applied, by the time you break even you're upwards of five years into ownership of the thing, while all the gas and maintenance savings went into your high monthly payments. If those tax credits go away (which they should, particularly the big federal one), you'll never recoup the higher upfront costs in the likely time you'll own the thing.
Oh I agree it takes roughly 5 years, but assuming standard ownership rates of 8-10 years and new car loans going to an unsightly 63-month+ average, they do wind up being somewhat of a wash.

It's just a way to justify the higher cost of an EV over a traditional vehicle.

I'm interested in taking a daily driver to an EV level, but I don't think I'm there yet.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #25

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Auto Show coming up...

https://laautoshow.com/vehicle/mustang-mach-e/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #26
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I did leave out the convenience and cool shit.

This is real stuff btw. I’m not a salesman...I just thought this stuff is cool. I wish I needed a sedan I d get a model s, and I’m not getting a model x to carry a bunch of dogs with.

You pull in the driveway and walk in your house, the car puts itself in the garage.

I don’t know why this is useful, but you can set the car to follow you around, like a puppy.

You can leave your pet in the car and put it in pet mode and it keeps the car cool and flashes a message on the computer screen letting anyone know the tempature inside the car and that your dog is safe. And I think how long you’ll be gone and something else..,I don’t remember.

It’s a vegan car. LMAO. for real...no leather is used.

If a Tesla, or any electric car has a serious accident...you can google this...I don’t feel like...and the last time I heard... whenever a Tesla gets in a serious crash, especially if there’s a death you’ll never guess who investigates the crash...the NTSB. Because of the self driving mode. Go figure.

If your Tesla needs maintenance, they come pick it up.

If you ever get a chance to drive one, you’ll be fascinated as hell. I think gear heads are about speed. Right now they’re saying gimmee a good old gas driven loud ass 8 second car any day of the week.

And when thise electric car times starts creeping down, and they are creeping down sooner than later...There will be a subcategory on this forum that read Electric Camaros. And they will be busting our balls like we bust each other’s balls about stick vs auto, 6 vs 8, 5th vs 6th etc and we won’t have a leg to stand on.

They’re coming. and they’re bringing hell with them. (Whoa...that was dramatic).
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #27
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Ford is making a F150-E so why not a Mustang

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #28
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Ford is making a F150-E so why not a Mustang
They're not making an electric Mustang, they're making an electric CUV with elements of Mustang-inspired exterior styling and calling that a "Mustang" despite no other relation to the S550.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote