Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Yeah the mt-82 is a real gem
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Booley.

I've sent you a Private Message...please respond as soon as you get a chance.

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #31
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalRed View Post
They opened mine up and fixed the second gear synchro...
That's pretty interesting, a lot depends on the dealer and GM to an extent.
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Yeah the mt-82 is a real gem
As a former owner of one of these Chinese POS's I concur!
Old 12-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #33
Booley56

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Aniversary edition
Thanks to everyone's constructive input. To clarify the issues. The dealer has been great and has done everything they can. The dealer's GM rep has also been pro-active. The problem is within GM. I have went through a senior customer service rep, an executive Liaison assign by the CEO and now have to go through the formal dispute resolution process. Still no real offer from GM and the Executive Liaison has washed his hands of the problem. Trying for 2 days to contact the Dispute Resolution person but still no call back. My work involves working through all levels of Government Bureaucracy, from the federal to the local level. I am very good at my job but have no success with GM. This was my wife's dream car and she won't consider anything but the car we ordered. Don't want a Mustang or anything else. Not trying to trash the car, only GM's unbelievable poor customer service. I am at a total loss of where to go next. I wrote a letter to the all of the top senior management at GM and Copies all members of the Board of Directors. I have little hope this will help, but felt they should be aware of the problem.
Booley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #34
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Ok so I'm not crazy or alone. Mine failed as well and I figured it was due to trans fluid. Op sorry to hear but I just went out of pocket on mine (modded) and ended up buying a used 2011 ctsv tr6060 and using my tailshaft housing and bell house off my 17 with the 2011 center section. I had to buy a new 5th and 6th gear (very cheap) bc the ratios are slightly different. Had mine strengthened as well.
Attached Images

mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #35
zapatista

Drives: BMW 128i w/serious Bowtie Lust
m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booley56 View Post
Thanks to everyone's constructive input. To clarify the issues. The dealer has been great and has done everything they can. The dealer's GM rep has also been pro-active. The problem is within GM. I have went through a senior customer service rep, an executive Liaison assign by the CEO and now have to go through the formal dispute resolution process. Still no real offer from GM and the Executive Liaison has washed his hands of the problem. Trying for 2 days to contact the Dispute Resolution person but still no call back. My work involves working through all levels of Government Bureaucracy, from the federal to the local level. I am very good at my job but have no success with GM. This was my wife's dream car and she won't consider anything but the car we ordered. Don't want a Mustang or anything else. Not trying to trash the car, only GM's unbelievable poor customer service. I am at a total loss of where to go next. I wrote a letter to the all of the top senior management at GM and Copies all members of the Board of Directors. I have little hope this will help, but felt they should be aware of the problem.
Sorry about the Mustang crack. Sometimes there's no way to crack a (corporate) egg. I was a field rep for Ford a long time ago and the most frustrating part was not being able to help a customer. This was especially the case when it was my (Ford's) fault. My undetstanding is GM said they will do a buyback?

If they're going to make you whole financially I'd take that deal seeing as there is no timeframe for the tranny fix? If you still wish to purchase another 2SS maybe you could get additional consideration. Ford called it trade assistance and it was a regional discretionary item....dunno a if GM rep or frontline GM manager has this kind of discretion? I think $10k sounds like a good target.

Just fully read your last post re. your wife's feeling. Even an identically equipped 2SS 50th Anniversary won't work for y'all? Stating that you for sure will keep the 2SS doesn't leave much leverage to get a proper resolution with GM---this has nothing to do being treated fairly/promptly, just a way to move on from dealing with the corporate beast.

Good Luck,

Mike

Last edited by zapatista; 12-08-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Form and Clarity.
zapatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #36
Booley56

Feedback from the dealer and GM rep leads me to believe they are going to buy the car back, but nothing official and going on day 3 trying to get a call back from GM. The Executive Liaison did call back but his case is closed, so waiting on the dispute resolution rep. Entering week 6 and still trapped in an endless loop
Old 12-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #37
zapatista

Drives: BMW 128i w/serious Bowtie Lust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booley56 View Post
Feedback from the dealer and GM rep leads me to believe they are going to buy the car back, but nothing official and going on day 3 trying to get a call back from GM. The Executive Liaison did call back but his case is closed, so waiting on the dispute resolution rep. Entering week 6 and still trapped in an endless loop
Force the issue? You should easily be eligible for days out of service within the 1st year....I don't remember too much about the UT Lemon Law but 30 days out of service in the 1st warranty year should be enough. Even though they won't say it, negotiation is negotiation...though I have no experience dealing with GM corporate.
zapatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #38
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Ok so I'm not crazy or alone. Mine failed as well and I figured it was due to trans fluid. Op sorry to hear but I just went out of pocket on mine (modded) and ended up buying a used 2011 ctsv tr6060 and using my tailshaft housing and bell house off my 17 with the 2011 center section. I had to buy a new 5th and 6th gear (very cheap) bc the ratios are slightly different. Had mine strengthened as well.
You didn't fill yours up after your shop told you to though according to your other posts. Yours seems like it was your fault for running it on low fluid...not quite the same thing.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #39
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
You didn't fill yours up after your shop told you to though according to your other posts. Yours seems like it was your fault for running it on low fluid...not quite the same thing.
Yes and I'm not changing this but now it does have me thinking tbh. This is the 3rd M6 on a 17 V8 that I've read upon. I'm not saying mine and his are same issue, but I'm not saying they are not.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #40
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Yes and I'm not changing this but now it does have me thinking tbh. This is the 3rd M6 on a 17 V8 that I've read upon. I'm not saying mine and his are same issue, but I'm not saying they are not.
Hard to say, but running it on low fluid definitely wasn't good lol. I know of three as well, yours (most likely due to low fluid, not factory related), the guy with the bad syncro the dealer replaced and is all good now, and the OP's, which is the only failure I know of without an answer. Which is totally possible considering how many thousands and thousands of these are in cars.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #41
Booley56

I hope everyone understands that I am pushing in all directions. The lemon law route (which I clearly qualify for) is a legal arbitration. My problem is GM has now lawyered up and anyone who has been in a civil case should know it takes forever to resolve. GM will now do the minimum the law requires which means they will buy the car back for what I paid, including tax and license and will charge me $0.10 to $0.23 per mile for the miles We drove the car. No compensation for my troubles. That's the law and the rule of law does not determine what's fair only what the law says. I will be Left ordering a new car and waiting in line the same as anyone ordering a car. From past experience that will be at least 3 months. During that time the loaner the dealer provided will be lost and we will have the great honor of renting a car for that time. Furthermore, I will be shocked if GM gets around to making me any offer within the next 30 days. The only way to make us whole is for GM to care enough to resolve the issue and to date they have been totally without regard to its customer
Old 12-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #42
Booley56

Beginning week 6 and no answer from GM. Dispute Resolution Rep has not returned my last 4 phone calls. The Dealer is working hard and hopes their GM rep will be able to replace the car. The Dealer has ordered a replacement on their own. Great Dealer and Dealer Rep, but still no offer of a solution from GM.