Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Vararam installed

Just finished it. First off it was not all that easy but not all that bad. But the intake is loud and the vids online do not do it justice. Has a pretty deep tone and during acceleration it sounds not only bad ass but like its got some power. Great intake. I'll report back on performance and all that soon as the weather gets better here.

But if you are thinking about getting one you will not be disappointed.
Attached Images

bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
got one love it, you will love it makes the car sound more aggressive.
It will increase the noise factor.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
bignaz

Tomorrow im going to check my gap. Sould be ok but it was getting dark. Then check the connection before i leave for work and when i get there. Make sure it hasten moved.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The shorty headers will give you less power overall than the Vararam in my opinion, but you should still pick up some nice low and midrange torque with them which would pair well with the VR intake since I think it has more midrange and top end power.

One thing is for sure...DT shorty headers combined with the Vararam and a decent exhaust would sound amazing!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
bignaz

Deff. feel the power. Highway pulls are noticbly stronger. No 0-60 times yet but should be a bit better. All and all great intake highly recamended.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
bignaz

Grats on the headders.

Update the ram air does in fact work. Despite what Apex has said in the air intake writeup where they said it simply does not. I just don't know how effective it is but it does work Used a CAI intake and on the highway at 70 the vararam pulls a little harder. Lower speeds around 25 and under they feel the same. Did not test it with a scoop but i think with the scoop they will preform pretty much the same. This summer i'll be doing a few mods to the intake to improve the ram effect even more and see if that does anything.

Also no change what so ever in the eng temp. And i dont think the intake is heating up the air any having it sit on the radiator. I mean after all the intakes air path is way way way shorter then any other cai system out. and the fresh air enters the motor pretty fast so it has no time for the intakes temp to really heat up the air unless its a hot day and your sitting at idle.

Great intake. I was a little iffy about it and i love it now. Besides who else will put a guarantee on there claims. Dyno and run it. If you dont see the gains they guarantee hit them up for your money back and send it back
Old 03-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
bignaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Cool! Glad to hear that you're very happy with the Intake. I keep adding small mods to the vehicle, not always expensive.

I just purchased blackout vinyl's "Fascia and Valance".

This summer were going to go turbo with some other stuff. Im a disabled vet "Iraq and Afg." so a lot of places have been giving me parts at below dealer pricing.

Going to be driving out to NV. soon and figure i would just drive out to L.A. why i was there just to make it cross country lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
bignaz

Quote:
Thanks for serving. I always try to shake the hands of those enlisted to show my respect. I work with a girl who served 8 years in the ARMY as a Medic. She was stationed at FOB - Warhorse and remembers when she was hanging out with a few Green Berets when Delta Force Members walked in who had taken part in terminating Zarqawi.

I'm sure not to put any Pro Military Propaganda on my Camaro because here in the Bay Area, a lot of people are Radical. Anyways thanks again, and you deserve everything! If I could have it my way, id make sure all Military Vets get the best treatment EVER for their sacrifice!

I got a C.I.B. plate on mine. Gotta love Michigan charges me for this plate every year. You would think that they would give you it for free after a few years of being on a two way firing range. But whatever. I spent 13 years in the Army discharged after i got shot up not to far from Khost Afg.

I know all about Cali. I have been there a few times. Stood in front of of feinstein office flipping it off for 10 min. I usually go to cali after i go to NV. Most people think i go for Las Vegas but i go there for the desert. Strange thing it feels more like home alone there. I feel comfortable.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #9
bignaz

Quote:
I don't blame you for flipping the office for a straight 10 minutes. I'm no fan of her, and the fact that she's taking on the CIA pisses me off even more. I would love to go to the desert to see those flying Orbs hahaha.

Anyways I'll be updating the results of the Headers once I get them installed. Gotta wait until next week to get them installed. I have yet to see anyone with the Apex Sequential Lights here in the Bay Area. I'd assume it's because the cost of living.

Most of the Camaro's I come across look like they're being leased.

I'm making my own controller for that. I have a degree in electronic engineering and work for a place building fiberoptic receivers. So i got all the equipment i need at work to do it lol. I'm still shopping for some headers right now.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
bignaz

Quote:
Right on man! I hope you find the right set of Headers for your 5GCam. Check this video out lol. To me this is badass, but only for show. Imagine is you were speeding in your Camaro, and these lights flash behind you....lol i'd get some SERIOUS goose bumps.

Funny thing is when i lived in GA on my way to MI. there was a LEO camaro i thought it was a car just sitting on the side of the road since most were Chargers I was doing stand up wheelies he seen me pulled out hit the lights i was on my ZX10R. Good thing i dident get a ticket

200hp at the wheel on a less then 450lb bike. Had to get rid of it before i killed my self.