Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #1149
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Many types of steroids reference my above post. The most common steroid is currently testosterone.
I thought testosterone is a hormone that man need to keep his lifestyle healthy... I read an article about it saying that man loose 1% each year and is needed to maintain a good physique, energy and even healthy sexual lifestyle...

So this is bad? Question? I been seeing a lot of products for this offering an increase of testosterone with pills, I read that it's not true... you can't increase your testosterone taking pills... and finally if testosterone is very important in the goal to achieve a nice body, it's there any food that helps?
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #1150
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I thought testosterone is a hormone that man need to keep his lifestyle healthy... I read an article about it saying that man loose 1% each year and is needed to maintain a good physique, energy and even healthy sexual lifestyle...
yes, testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone in the body, but it is also a steroid. so is estrogen and cortisone. anabolic steroids is a more specific conversation
Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #1151
RCKrypton

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit white M6
You guys (and girls) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there's a supplement that can be taken called tribulus terrestris. It's a plant extract that naturally increases luteinizing hormone (LH), which aids in production of testosterone. Completely legal but it's been years since I looked into anything like that. Maybe it's a bunch of hooey lol.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #1152
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKrypton View Post
You guys (and girls) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there's a supplement that can be taken called tribulus terrestris. It's a plant extract that naturally increases luteinizing hormone (LH), which aids in production of testosterone. Completely legal but it's been years since I looked into anything like that. Maybe it's a bunch of hooey lol.

i take it on and off. couldn't actually tell you how much of a diff it makes b/c i usually take it with other stuff, but I can say that whenever I've taken it regualrly, i tend to stay leaner. I also use ZMA, which is zinc and magnesium asparate, a more bio-available form of these minerals than many men get in their regular diet. you take it before you go to bed and it helps you sleep better and aids in your body's natural testosterone production. These two products seem to make a difference for me, but that's anecdotal so take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #1153
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
well a few weeks ago I watched an interview about men and testosterone. one way to increase it is to sleep. this guy is way more intelligent than me so if you have some time to listen, please do.

this video is part of the podcast the crossfit faction guys do (the gym I use to go to). they are a lot of fun and love to go different places to interview people. not just crossfit people either. if you like powerlifting they've interview Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #1154
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
if you like powerlifting they've interview Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell!
Whatcha know about Louie?

A lot of CF's could learn a lot from him.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #1155
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Whatcha know about Louie?

A lot of CF's could learn a lot from him.
lol that's the thing about what I've seen with Louie being interviewed. he'll tell the people look, powerlifting is a different beast and isn't afraid to go into it with the whys. I know crossfit people could never think about being a power lifter unless they drop the crossfit and go all in with power lifting. he's an old man with a lot of knowledge, and he isn't afraid to call people out. I really enjoyed listening to that interview! he's a character for sure.
here's the interview with Louie!

and if you want... another powerlifter was also interviewed. 2-time powerlifting record holder AJ Roberts he talks about CrossFit, powerlifting and training at Westside Barbell under Louie Simmons!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #1156
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:

So this is bad? Question? I been seeing a lot of products for this offering an increase of testosterone with pills, I read that it's not true... you can't increase your testosterone taking pills... and finally if testosterone is very important in the goal to achieve a nice body, it's there any food that helps?
Yes it is. I'm going to blow some peoples mind with this and ruffle some feathers.

IF YOU EVER EVER EVER EVER hear anyone say to do this or do that to raise your "natural test levels" please run as far away from them as possible. There is NO, zero, zilch, nada, none, research showing that it is the case. I'm sure some bro has said "I did this and had massive gains brah", well one he probably just lying and two something else caused his gains not his "test levels rising".

As long as you are within the normal physiological range of testosterone you are 100% good to go. So let's assume for the sake of simplicity that testosterone actually decreases 1% per year(which is completely false, hormones are not linear at all they fluctuate to extreme degrees) but for the sake of trying to make it simple we will act like they do.

Let's say you are at 600 parts per million in your blood of testosterone and the normal is 200 parts per million to 1000 parts per million. You lose one percent each year that you would be well within the normal range in your 60's according to this. So that's still great. But you couple that with good diet, exercise, low stress, you could be looking at normal test levels into your 70's.

There is no research in extremely old males that have exercised there whole lives so this is purely speculation.

I hope this makes sense. Test is important, but this whole thing that the media portrays as an "epidemic" and blah blah blah is just asinine. Just keep yourself healthy and fit and you will have testosterone for as long as your body intended you to have it.

Also about these things that "raise your natural test level" I have my notes in front of me from Dr. Layne Norton himself when I had the pleasure of sitting down with him for lunch.

And I quote " there is no research indicating that raised testosterone levels, within the normal physiological range(200-1000 parts per million), is any more anabolic. Meaning if someone took something and it raised them from 400-800 parts per million, they would likely see no difference in lean muscle mass that they would not have seen through their regular training regime."

So the reason anabolic steroids work is because they take you well beyond 1000 parts per million. They make you exceed what your body is designed to utilize.

I hope this helps clear some things up.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:07 AM   #1157
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have to completely agree with Hrpiii and 13lstuner, they make some very good points. The most important thing to do when thinking about taking anabolic steroids is research, research, research, and research some more. There are so many compounds that do different things and affect you different ways. Its basically like chemistry class. Most people who decide to just jump in take no time to assess the risk and study. Many beginners have no idea of how long they should take them, at what dosage, what a PCT(Post Cycle Therapy) is, what side affects to expect, and what to take if such sides do arise. The thing that makes steroids so appealing is the fact that they simply work. But many do not understand that you still have to work your ass off, you cant just take them and expect them to do the work for you. The decision to take these compounds is a big decision, but with proper care and knowledge they can be taken safely. I could go on and on about this topic, like I said I have what I feel is some pretty good knowledge about anabolic steroids from experience and research.

Last edited by Dznts; 05-31-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:07 AM   #1158
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKrypton View Post
And a bunch of hooey it is. Reference my above post.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #1159
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:

all of those test pills that claim that are just fluff. dont buy into it.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 AM   #1160
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
all of those test pills that claim that are just fluff. dont buy into it.
They "work", but as stated above you will never see a difference in a normal physiological range. So essentially, as Brian said, they are extremely expensive fluff.

And if I had to guess, with them being new and the bare minimum research done of most of these, the majority of people that take these and never take a post cycle therapy, never take breaks and so on are going to REALLY screw up there natural hormone regulation. I guess we will see in the upcoming years.

Quote:
I have to completely agree with Hrpiii and 13lstuner, they make some very good points. The most important thing to do when thinking about taking anabolic steroids is research, research, research, and research some more. There are so many compounds that do different things and affect you different ways. Its basically like chemistry class. Most people who decide to just jump in take no time to access the risk and study. Many beginners have no idea of how long they should take them, at what dosage, what a PCT(Post Cycle Therapy) is, what side affects to expect, and what to take if such sides do arise. The thing that makes steroids so appealing is the fact that they simply work. But many do not understand that you still have to work your ass off, you cant just take them and expect them to do the work for you. The decision to take these compounds is a big decision, but with proper care and knowledge they can be taken safely. I could go on and on about this topic, like I said I have what I feel is some pretty good knowledge about anabolic steroids from experience and research.
Glad to know I have your backing
Old 05-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #1161
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
They "work", but as stated above you will never see a difference in a normal physiological range. So essentially, as Brian said, they are extremely expensive fluff.

And if I had to guess, with them being new and the bare minimum research done of most of these, the majority of people that take these and never take a post cycle therapy, never take breaks and so on are going to REALLY screw up there natural hormone regulation. I guess we will see in the upcoming years.

Glad to know I have your backing

As i stated, if you are thinking about using anabolic steroids then start by researching what chemical or chemicals you plan on using. I cant stress the word RESEARCH enough, if you mess yourself up, hormone replacement could become a necessity for you. Once again with the right knowledge it can be done safely and with minimal sides.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #1162
13lstuner

Quote:

As i stated, if you are thinking about using anabolic steroids then start by researching what chemical or chemicals you plan on using. I cant stress the word RESEARCH enough, if you mess yourself up, hormone replacement could become a necessity for you. Once again with the right knowledge it can be done safely and with minimal sides.
Couldn't agree more. This is why many of the Olympians today are still having kids after 15 years of competing. And going on to love long happy, healthy lives. Now could they have been healthier without taking them? Who knows. But the fact of the matter is that they are perfectly fine after years and years.

So many misconceptions within bodybuilding it's ridiculous. Steroids is about 50% of it though.