Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Vararam update. few weeks of use

For those who are considering this and wonder what its like as a daily driver in the rain and what not. After a few weeks of use here is how its doing for me.

Ok after a few weeks of use no problems. Im sitting at 20mpg with mixed driving. About 80 miles per day highway and 15 city. And some of those are pretty hard miles so fuel economy is fine no drop but i did not see a improvement.

Driving in rain no issues. Behind trucks in the rain no issues. Filets and unit stay dry. Car way blasting water into the front grill and on the hood it stays dry.

Biggest improvement is mid to top end. Sound is best in 2nd gear and up. Sounds pretty damn beefy and if you are looking to make your v6 sound a little better and do not care about power then buy this asap. Power pulls at 70mph feel harder. Can deff. tell theirs a few more ponys under the hood.

End of the day. Install was a pain. The results are very nice. Great company to nice people they gave me a discount "Military service" as well as a filter recharge kit. Payed $290 shipped. Would i buy it again at retail cost? In a second i planned on buying it at retail price to begin with.

Also the vids do not do the intake justice for how it sounds. in 2nd gear and up it sounds much much deeper and much much louder then the vids.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I personally feel the sweet spot for the sound is right in the 2,000 - 3,500 range where it growls nicely. On the top end at redline it really roars nicely.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
It's a great intake but one I think requires more frequent checks and maintenance
I'm just cleaning mine right now to get it ready for the coming season but I did notice the intake itself was very loose

Love the sound of it and performance on it is great
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote