Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
Lukey_AUS

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Fosters '18 SS 1LE

Always been a fan of the General (spent most of my time in Holden's back home in Australia!) and finally committed in March. Bought this 2018 SS 1LE. 12k miles on it, out the door for $31k so i was fairly happy.

Name:  Resized_20200203_163059.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  Resized_20200203_163129.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  79.3 KB

I don't think there is a more capable car for the $$. Whilst I miss the noise of my previous ride (came from a E60 M5 6spd), overall this is just a much better car (and I'm far less worried about the reliability of it!).

Have only done some subtle mods to it so far but I've now got it looking how I want;

Name:  Camaro 1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  225.3 KB

Name:  image1 (5).jpg
Views: 280
Size:  252.8 KB

- Eibach SS 1LE Springs
- ZL1 Addons Wickerbill
- 2019 SS 1LE Front Splitter
- GM Dark Finish Tail Lights (have the 3rd Brake light, haven't installed yet!)
- Black Bowties
- Tow Hook
- Replaced SS badges with 1LE Badges front and rear

Been debating whether to keep it NA and go E85 and full bolt on (Ported MSD instead of hi-ram), or just go for a blower. I've always been a N/A fan but Supercharged HP is just so easy.

Might even talk myself into pulling the motor out and going heads/cam but I spend too much time working on another Chevy;

Name:  image0 (1).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  95.8 KB
Lukey_AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
Vader1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
How do you like the lowering springs? Seems there's a lot of mixed opinions on them. Are you an Indycar tech? Grew up in the Indy area myself so the 500 is in my blood lol
Vader1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
Lukey_AUS

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I'm a Race Engineer.. worked on GT3/V8Supercar/NASCAR/LMP2 and now Indycar. There's something special seeing an Indycar disappear into T1 at the Speedway!

I have no issues with the springs. Did them myself in the garage on stands and had an alignment done a few days later once they settled. Supposedly they only give 0.75" all round but it ended up more like 1.0-1.1" which is what I prefer anyway. I didn't notice a difference at all with regards to ride on the street. Charlotte roads aren't the greatest and it still rides fine when cruising around the city.

I've had drivers being paid 7 figures who cant tell the difference between a 100lb/in spring change in race cars that have very little chassis deflection and are half, even a third of the weight of a Gen6 Camaro. I find some of the comments on here with regards to spring changes and differences pretty funny. Each to there own, at the end of the day people will believe what they want to believe.

If you're on the fence, I'd highly recommend the Eibach's.
Lukey_AUS is offline   Reply With Quote