Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Old 03-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Revitalized the "Ask Al" section

We will be changing the name of this section to Ask "The Camaro Team", soon.

The team reached out, now that things have settled down a bit after the Al's transfer to the EV team. They would like to continue to answer questions from their enthusiasts: YOU!

So...on Friday, we'll pick a few more questions to enter into a new poll. Post a comment to refresh the ones you'd like considered.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Sounds great!

I wonder if they would answer questions about the 5th gen still or about if 6th gen parts can be made interchangeable with the 5th gen...

Glad they reached out...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Sounds great!

I wonder if they would answer questions about the 5th gen still or about if 6th gen parts can be made interchangeable with the 5th gen...

Glad they reached out...

-Don
Many people have changed over the years. But the Team still has resources available to them. So if the question is relevant, I think they'll answer just about anything post 2010.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #4
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
I can't find the Ask Al thread. It is not coming up on search function, so I am going to post my question here - it is the tire size question that seems to come up all the time. What impact does changing the tire diameter have on the control systems - speedo is obvious. But the real question is what impact will it have on stability and traction controls. The Camaro team did use a 1LE sizing on the famous GM SS suspension tests they did, but didn't mention if there were any negative impacts or if they reprogrammed the control systems for the change in diameter. If I find the Ask Al threads, I'll bump them there too. But this is such a basic mod that a ton of folks seem to do, it would be great to have an answer.
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post
I can't find the Ask Al thread. It is not coming up on search function, so I am going to post my question here - it is the tire size question that seems to come up all the time. What impact does changing the tire diameter have on the control systems - speedo is obvious. But the real question is what impact will it have on stability and traction controls. The Camaro team did use a 1LE sizing on the famous GM SS suspension tests they did, but didn't mention if there were any negative impacts or if they reprogrammed the control systems for the change in diameter. If I find the Ask Al threads, I'll bump them there too. But this is such a basic mod that a ton of folks seem to do, it would be great to have an answer.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519726
Old 03-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #6
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Performance Shift Mode

Camaro Team,

I'd like to learn more about Performance Shift Mode in my 2017 2SS A8. Please describe what causes activation of this mode and what is it programmed to do on a road coarse such as the Milwaukee Mile or Road America. Please be as specific as possible including up and down shifting, elevation changes, cornering, acceleration, deceleration etc. How much engine braking will I get in corners and how much will this improve cornering? Is there a way for the driver to select and hold this mode on a track? How can I make my Camaro dance on the track. Finally is this mode the same in all A8s, what about the A10s.

Thanks for making such a fun and great performing car! Sincerely, Jeff
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
Camaro Team,

I'd like to learn more about Performance Shift Mode in my 2017 2SS A8. Please describe what causes activation of this mode and what is it programmed to do on a road coarse such as the Milwaukee Mile or Road America. Please be as specific as possible including up and down shifting, elevation changes, cornering, acceleration, deceleration etc. How much engine braking will I get in corners and how much will this improve cornering? Is there a way for the driver to select and hold this mode on a track? How can I make my Camaro dance on the track. Finally is this mode the same in all A8s, what about the A10s.

Thanks for making such a fun and great performing car! Sincerely, Jeff
Here's the thread for this question. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549275
Old 03-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #8
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Please move this post to Ask Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Here's the thread for this question. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549275
Thank you. Can you move this to the Ask Al section. I would really like to have the Team answer it.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFox View Post
Thank you. Can you move this to the Ask Al section. I would really like to have the Team answer it.
It's already in the right section. It will be in the next Poll for sure. We might re-word it a bit.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #10
Shawnqa800720

Are you saying this is answered, or this is where it is? I don't think it was answered fully. The speedo question is not a concern. It is the impact to the nannies that I am concerned about, and there does not seem to be a definitive answer. There is a lot of guessing, but nothing definite from the Camaro team.

Thanks!
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Old 03-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Are you saying this is answered, or this is where it is? I don't think it was answered fully. The speedo question is not a concern. It is the impact to the nannies that I am concerned about, and there does not seem to be a definitive answer. There is a lot of guessing, but nothing definite from the Camaro team.

Thanks!
You couldn't find the thread so he provided a link for you. The question isn't answered, but it is one of the three options for the next question to be submitted to the Camaro team.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

When a thread is answered it will be listed here.

And the title of the thread will be changed to indicate "Answered"

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  16.2 KB
Old 03-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #13
Shawnqa800720

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You couldn't find the thread so he provided a link for you. The question isn't answered, but it is one of the three options for the next question to be submitted to the Camaro team.

Thank you for clarifying. My wife always says I am a little slow to the starting gates
Old 03-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. My wife always says I am a little slow to the starting gates
I didn't make it very clear either...