Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2024, 12:27 PM   #1
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Carvana is a Joke

I can’t believe people still trade in vehicles to them. They have a 2014 GT500 that I’m very interested in. If they matched Carmax’s offer I was strongly considering pulling the trigger. They offered 4,400 less for my 2k miles 23 2s 1le…That’s not enough to offset the tax savings. I honestly am shocked they even have cars in their inventory after this.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:57 PM   #2
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Ah. Ten year old fast Mustang. That's a total bait car for a dealership. They're probably holding out to sell it to some kid who will YOLO/FOMO overpay and take dealer financing on it. And they'll get it.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Wait a minute. What happened? I thought you decided to keep the Camaro? Did you get another bad tank of gas?
Old 04-11-2024, 01:33 PM   #4
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Ah. Ten year old fast Mustang. That's a total bait car for a dealership. They're probably holding out to sell it to some kid who will YOLO/FOMO overpay and take dealer financing on it. And they'll get it.
Something really odd I’ve noticed about carvana and carmax is for this specific vehicle I’m in the market for they have very reasonable pricing on them. Like they are priced better than private sellers. That’s why I was debating trading even though I can get more private selling my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Wait a minute. What happened? I thought you decided to keep the Camaro? Did you get another bad tank of gas?
I’m still going back and forth on the decision. If I could secure a test drive I’d know for sure but I really want a car with a lot of raw power. I think you were the one that suggested a c6z06? I actually drove one of those and I don’t know if there’s anything wrong with the one I drove but that car tried to kill me! Was very disappointed by that since that was a bucket list car for me.

The main reason I think I will be dumping my 1le is because of where I live. I just don’t have many twisty roads near me so I can’t use the car the way it’s intended to be used. I can only afford 3-5 track days a year. If I had more money I’d just do way more track days in the 1le.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-11-2024, 02:00 PM   #5
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Something really odd I’ve noticed about carvana and carmax is for this specific vehicle I’m in the market for they have very reasonable pricing on them. Like they are priced better than private sellers. That’s why I was debating trading even though I can get more private selling my car.

I’m still going back and forth on the decision. If I could secure a test drive I’d know for sure but I really want a car with a lot of raw power. I think you were the one that suggested a c6z06? I actually drove one of those and I don’t know if there’s anything wrong with the one I drove but that car tried to kill me! Was very disappointed by that since that was a bucket list car for me.

The main reason I think I will be dumping my 1le is because of where I live. I just don’t have many twisty roads near me so I can’t use the car the way it’s intended to be used. I can only afford 3-5 track days a year. If I had more money I’d just do way more track days in the 1le.
Watch out the Carvana / Online car purchase. Read the terms and conditions in detail. I will never agree to buy from them.

Car max at least lets you test the car. You can avoid buying a car with rod knock at least.

My best advice is use Turo to rent the cars you like for a week. One of my friends was super obsessed with a car, he finally rented it through Turo for 4 days and ended up being "meh". He dodged a bullet.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:01 PM   #6
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
... suggested a c6z06? I actually drove one of those and I don’t know if there’s anything wrong with the one I drove but that car tried to kill me! Was very disappointed by that since that was a bucket list car for me.
Most cars powerful enough to meet your go fast needs will underwhelm you with their handling and traction. Your SS 1LE is top of the class. By a lot.

...and re: topic, I cashed out my CVNA stock after a year of diamond hands.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:16 PM   #7
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
Watch out the Carvana / Online car purchase. Read the terms and conditions in detail. I will never agree to buy from them.

Car max at least lets you test the car. You can avoid buying a car with rod knock at least.

My best advice is use Turo to rent the cars you like for a week. One of my friends was super obsessed with a car, he finally rented it through Turo for 4 days and ended up being "meh". He dodged a bullet.
I could be wrong but I thought they had a 7 day return policy. I also saw they warranty their vehicles. But yes the thought of purchasing a car site unseen is scary and I hate it. Every gt500 though that was reasonably priced has been sold within 1-3 days so that’s also why I was open to it. Last I checked turo had a specific policy about renting manual transmission vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Most cars powerful enough to meet your go fast needs will underwhelm you with their handling and traction. Your SS 1LE is top of the class. By a lot.

...and re: topic, I cashed out my CVNA stock after a year of diamond hands.
The way the c6Z suddenly broke traction was downright scary. I feel your zl1 would give a much better warning and is much easier to correct. But idk the tires were a bit worn so maybe that had something to do with it. Congrats on cashing in on that stock. I think they will be out of business soon but then again if they are stealing cars at the prices they pay maybe they won’t.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-11-2024, 03:43 PM   #8
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Then again, if it's reasonably priced, maybe they don't have 4k in room to move on your trade.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:19 PM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
I could be wrong but I thought they had a 7 day return policy. I also saw they warranty their vehicles. But yes the thought of purchasing a car site unseen is scary and I hate it. Every gt500 though that was reasonably priced has been sold within 1-3 days so that’s also why I was open to it. Last I checked turo had a specific policy about renting manual transmission vehicles.

The way the c6Z suddenly broke traction was downright scary. I feel your zl1 would give a much better warning and is much easier to correct. But idk the tires were a bit worn so maybe that had something to do with it. Congrats on cashing in on that stock. I think they will be out of business soon but then again if they are stealing cars at the prices they pay maybe they won’t.
You need more than a minute with a C6Z. A base C6 will easily brake the rear wheels loose with traction control off. A C6Z will do that in 3rd gear.

My recollection is the C6Z was very “friendly” for users that didn’t want to be overpowered by the nannies. So yes, like any other RWD car with 505 hp weighing about 3200 pounds and the TC turned off ca be a treat. But even with TC on they tuned it to let the back end break loose before reall8ng you back in.

Fun fact. After the C6Z CTF fleet had 3 totaled cars with drivers turning off TC GM required an SCCA license to get future hi performance Corvettes.
Old 04-11-2024, 04:41 PM   #10
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Depends on who you ask. I've NEVER bought a car from Carvana, but have sold 4 cars to them, including my 10SS about a month ago. I don't understand their business model of overpaying, but bless them and their Silicon Valley baffoons who keep raising capital for them. Carvana's check clears every time (so far) and I avoid the tire kickers and internet "expert" buyers asking stupid questions. They picked up my SS with 14 yr old dry-rotted tires, and said thank you. You just can't beat them. This last sale, they paid $4,700 more than the nearest next dealer quote.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:25 PM   #11
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
used car markets saturated
SamSmoothCastel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 05:50 PM   #12
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Depends on who you ask. I've NEVER bought a car from Carvana, but have sold 4 cars to them, including my 10SS about a month ago. I don't understand their business model of overpaying, but bless them and their Silicon Valley baffoons who keep raising capital for them. Carvana's check clears every time (so far) and I avoid the tire kickers and internet "expert" buyers asking stupid questions. They picked up my SS with 14 yr old dry-rotted tires, and said thank you. You just can't beat them. This last sale, they paid $4,700 more than the nearest next dealer quote.
Wow I’m surprised to hear they were that much higher than the local dealer. Every time I checked they were less by a few thousand bucks. I wonder if it’s location dependent.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-11-2024, 06:10 PM   #13
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Wow I’m surprised to hear they were that much higher than the local dealer. Every time I checked they were less by a few thousand bucks. I wonder if it’s location dependent.
Location could be a factor. I’ve been tracking my SS on their website. They’ve dropped the price 3 times already, by over $1,500. Assuming they replaced the tires, which were literally in dangerous condition, I’m not seeing much of a profit for them on this car. They have to hope that someone finances it to get some kickback on it.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:27 PM   #14
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSmoothCastel View Post
used car markets saturated
Used C8 prices are nuts in FL. No way i could ever have a C8 anyways as i can't fish offshore in one like i can in a C6 or my 7. No room in a 8.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote