Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #43
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Appreciate your expertise Dave, I was led to believe this was more like 100, but could be way off here..
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Appreciate your expertise Dave, I was led to believe this was more like 100, but could be way off here..
I don't think it's quite that much. It would be interesting to see someone weigh a 1SS v 2SS with the same levels of fluids to determine exactly how much. My bet is something like 30 - 40. And besides that, where the weight is matters almost as much that it's there at all.

For whatever it's worth, the ZL1, and ZL1 1LE is loaded, like a 2SS, and it doesn't suffer from any weight-related issues that anyone has discussed...pretty much at all. If you want 2SS equipment in a track car - DO IT - ...you'll enjoy the track day AND your ride home. You will not believe the benefit of having ventilated seats while on track. That alone is worth it!!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #45
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
GearheadSS posted shipping weights of a 1SS 1LE and a 2SS 1LE, both with approx same options (1LE had floormats also so maybe 10-11lbs?). Of course, I don't know how accurate that is, but it does make sense. The main difference is the Bose system, some wiring and lighted door sills. None of that is very heavy. The seats are the same, as is the wheel, so those heated elements (and fans in the seats) are in both cars. HUD and rear seats are the same (compared to normal 1ss/2ss where the 1ss doesn't have the HUD and rear leather seats). Knee pads and such can't weigh much either.

Even if the shipping weights were wrong, I'd be pretty surprised at anything more than a 20lb difference.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #46
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't think it's quite that much. It would be interesting to see someone weigh a 1SS v 2SS with the same levels of fluids to determine exactly how much. My bet is something like 30 - 40. And besides that, where the weight is matters almost as much that it's there at all.

For whatever it's worth, the ZL1, and ZL1 1LE is loaded, like a 2SS, and it doesn't suffer from any weight-related issues that anyone has discussed...pretty much at all. If you want 2SS equipment in a track car - DO IT - ...you'll enjoy the track day AND your ride home. You will not believe the benefit of having ventilated seats while on track. That alone is worth it!!
I was going to track one of my dedicated cars a few weeks ago but took the Focus RS instead.. it was cold out so I was rocking the heated seats and heated wheel.. first time to ever use those luxuries on the track!

Vented seats here in Florida without AC running on track might help some.. maybe?
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Vented seats here in Florida without AC running on track might help some.. maybe?
You know that feeling after a 20 minute session in 90º+ where you are sweaty and fatigued and secretly can't wait to pull into the pits and relax?

.......that doesn't happen as quickly with the vented seats.

In fact, I'm such a big fan...that as much as I want to put some track buckets in there...I won't until I can find a good model that has ventilation...or can be modified safely for such a feature.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #48
Dave-ROR

Quote:
You know that feeling after a 20 minute session in 90º+ where you are sweaty and fatigued and secretly can't wait to pull into the pits and relax?

.......that doesn't happen as quickly with the vented seats.

In fact, I'm such a big fan...that as much as I want to put some track buckets in there...I won't until I can find a good model that has ventilation...or can be modified safely for such a feature.
I run a coolshirt system and my helmet has cooling connections as well for when I use a dedicated car..

But yeah, in the street cars 30 minute sessions do tend to suck.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #49
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
GearheadSS posted shipping weights of a 1SS 1LE and a 2SS 1LE, both with approx same options (1LE had floormats also so maybe 10-11lbs?). Of course, I don't know how accurate that is, but it does make sense. The main difference is the Bose system, some wiring and lighted door sills. None of that is very heavy. The seats are the same, as is the wheel, so those heated elements (and fans in the seats) are in both cars. HUD and rear seats are the same (compared to normal 1ss/2ss where the 1ss doesn't have the HUD and rear leather seats). Knee pads and such can't weigh much either.

Even if the shipping weights were wrong, I'd be pretty surprised at anything more than a 20lb difference.
The floormats were an LPO so they weren't even shipped with the car. So, not a factor in ship weight. Same with the black bowties. Both cars had the exact same trunk contents for shipping.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #50
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I thought I read it had less sound deading material. Stand corrected.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I run a coolshirt system and my helmet has cooling connections as well for when I use a dedicated car..

But yeah, in the street cars 30 minute sessions do tend to suck.
My helmet has the connections...I've been seriously looking into a shirt/system to tie all that in, but haven't found one, yet...
Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #52
Dave-ROR

Quote:
My helmet has the connections...I've been seriously looking into a shirt/system to tie all that in, but haven't found one, yet...
I made my own lines (always have so that they are the perfect length, etc) so I just cut it, added a Y splitter, short run off that to another dry break quick disconnect, then made short lines to the helmet. That way I can with split the feed for test days when I'm with a co-driver (endurance race car so we ride with each other to continue learning) or for the helmet when solo.

Lines are really ghetto looking, but I could grab some pics next time I'm at my workshop if you want.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #53
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I made my own lines (always have so that they are the perfect length, etc) so I just cut it, added a Y splitter, short run off that to another dry break quick disconnect, then made short lines to the helmet. That way I can with split the feed for test days when I'm with a co-driver (endurance race car so we ride with each other to continue learning) or for the helmet when solo.

Lines are really ghetto looking, but I could grab some pics next time I'm at my workshop if you want.
Whenever you get some time, I would appreciate it! I've got months, yet!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #54
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
thats a horrible price bro, I got my 2018 1ss 1LE for $37K,
I don't see where the big price jump for the 2ss is.
I say a 2ss would have maybe maybe maybe been $39-$40k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Got mine for about 48K w/ sunroof and a few more options, anyone can do this through Costco.
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #55
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
That's a really good price for a new 1ss 1le, you likely qualified for every rebate?

MSRP vs MSRP, it's $5k. Prices I've been seeing with apples to apples rebates/etc it stays around a $5k gap.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:29 PM   #56
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
Maybe you didn't see where I live. Here, they (all dealerships) overcharge like crazy because there is no sales-tax. It's not right, but they hold you hostage because there's only 3 dealerships within 100 miles, so if you can "lock in" a price that is below MSRP, that's a huge win up here. The price difference between a 1SS and 2SS is not 2K. Also, when you order a car with specific options, especially the new-model=year car, it costs more, rather than picking up whatever is on the lot. If I did that, I'd have taken the grand sport.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote