#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #827
1SS 1LE

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
No, the DBW throttle really changes how the motor responds to your right foot. It doesn't deliver torque with the urgency one would expect from a 6.2 liter GDI mill with super high compression. It's nothing like say the 4th gen LT1 that had throttle response like the gas pedal had a rip cord attached to it. It definitely won't feel anything like a modded R33 Skyline either - my 2JZGTE swapped CJ7 responds with violence under boost but the Camaro is certainly faster as it puts the power down smoothly.

Good call. Maybe a Vitesse Throttle Controller might be a good option for my next purchase. Or maybe hold off until I get a tune, which may be able to solve this also? Need to research more.

Last edited by 1SS 1LE; 07-11-2018 at 11:31 AM.
1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #828
1SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I wouldn't get too crazy with the hood wrap. Stealth expel costs more than getting new wrap when needed. If it was painted like the hoods on Dodges, I would do it, but ours is just a vinyl wrap as you know and can easily and inexpensively be replaced.

I use Adam's matte protectant and detailer. Works great, provides UV protection, cleans, protects against bird and bug bombs and water spots (if your car sees water), and keeps it looking new.

Cheers, enjoy the ride!

Thanks! Esp WRT to the Adams tip. Hope to see you on the road!

Fully agree that the cost of a new wrap doesn't justify putting too much extra money into it - but at the same time - as someone without a lot of spare time, I do like the fact that having it ceramic coated is less hassle for me in terms of time I'll have to put into caring for it over the next few years. Also the CQuartz has kind of messed it up, so I need to do something (no complaints about CQuartz though, this is just one of those things).

As much as I love awesome looking detail, I don't have that much time to spend too many weekend hours on fussing over it.

I did definitely factor in the argument you are making. (But also the fact that the installer is taking care of this makes it less of a concern). My main reason for mentioning it was to inform others.

Last edited by 1SS 1LE; 07-11-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #829
1SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post
Looking forward to seeing you again Matt!

Thursday 7:00 at the Host Hotel is a Meet and Greet that I am sponsoring, make sure you come on over.

Looking forward to catching up again also - will see you at the meet and greet. Thanks again for the awesome service! Damn that car is a blast!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #830
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
Thanks! Esp WRT to the Adams tip. Hope to see you on the road!

Fully agree that the cost of a new wrap doesn't justify putting too much extra money into it - but at the same time - as someone without a lot of spare time, I do like the fact that having it ceramic coated is less hassle for me in terms of time I'll have to put into caring for it over the next few years. Also the CQuartz has kind of messed it up, so I need to do something (no complaints about CQuartz though, this is just one of those things).

As much as I love awesome looking detail, I don't have that much time to spend too many weekend hours on fussing over it.

I did definitely factor in the argument you are making. (But also the fact that the installer is taking care of this makes it less of a concern). My main reason for mentioning it was to inform others.
Funny, my detailer wanted to put cQuarts on my hood too. Said they've done samples before but weren't sure what the end result would be. I told them no.

They quoted me $800 for xpel stealth for the hood. A new hood wrap would cost half that or less, so kept it stock and used the Adams. Plus, I have the factory 1LE satin hash Mark's which would have been blurred by the stealth xpel.

Applied the Adam's matte protectant back in October and have only had to clean it once with the matte detailer due to a bird dropping some major bombs on it. .Looks brand new., no stains, no blemishes.

I will caution you if you decide to go that route. When the protectant is first applied, it looks like a streaky mess. Follow the directions and buff when dry and like magic, it smoothed out and became perfect.

Good that the detailer is re wrapping the hood, but if they try to charge you 800 bucks for Xpel on the hood, I recommend passing on that. That stuff is ridiculously expensive.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:05 AM   #831
1SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I will caution you if you decide to go that route. When the protectant is first applied, it looks like a streaky mess. Follow the directions and buff when dry and like magic, it smoothed out and became perfect.

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #832
fishjr8

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE PDR SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SS 1LE View Post
I picked up my new 2018 1SS 1LE up a month or so ago from Becky in Detroit. My first new car - I had been saving for some time for a 1LE, but holding off until I'd seen what the 2019 refresh was going to look like.

Needless to say, now that we know... I needed to pull the trigger before the 2018's were no longer in production...so I brought my plans forward a bit.

I'm in the Dallas area, had a customer visit in Michigan coming up for work, so phoned Becky (who was highly recommended) to see if she could find me what I was looking for - turns out a blue 1SS 1LE had just been delivered to her a couple hours before I called - SOLD!

She met me at Grand Rapids airport with the 1LE on the back of a transporter, we signed the paperwork in a nearby carpark, and I got to break the car in on the way back to Dallas.

Dealing with Becky was perfect, I highly recommend checking her out if you are making a new purchase, even though it might be out of state.

Mods done over the previous few weeks: all GM darkened brake lights, Diode Dynamics side markers and other LEDs, blacked out reflectors, tints all round to 25% (kepn it legal), top end GPS alarm, Xpel PPF front half, CQuartz Finest Reserve all around (incl. over the Xpel).

(CQuartz directly applied over the 1LE matte vinyl hood wrap is not ideal BTW - turns out patchy. Installer is having the hood re-wrapped, then having matte PPF over the top, then adding CQuartz on top of that - as CQ FR over Xpel stealth matte PPF is a known quantity, as opposed to whatever the wrap is that GM are using for the 1LE hood).

On back order: C7 side skirts, various ZL1 suede interior bits and pieces, LED door sill. Looking to swap out mufflers soon (Borla NPP?), add Rotofab CAI.

Next stage - once I'm OK with voiding my warranty - will be to have local shop ADM Performance add a supercharger (not decided which yet), long tube headers, cam, maybe bottom end, maybe E85, tune etc. I met with Andy at ADM who is an awesome guy - seems like they would be a great choice to go with.

This car is no exaggeration a life changing event. I have a difficult time curbing my enthusiasm when discussing it with the uninitiated.

My first post - hope to see many of you at CamaroFest in a few days! For those who are going, my (Texas) plates are 6GEN 1LE

Cheers

Matt
I have CQuartz on my hood and not a single issue ...
fishjr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #833
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
My detailer did tell me that vinyl soaks up the ceramic coating and would need more than a couple coats for it to look smooth and uniform. Idk, maybe OPs detailer stopped at one coat.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #834
Desert Drifter

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikk71 View Post
I picked up a Summit White V6 1LE about a month ago and was thinking about doing this exact rear end. Looks great!
The V6 1LE is one car I would like to drive a few miles. I have a 2018 SS 1LE and bet yours if fun to drive as well. If they were around to test drive, I just may have gotten a V61LE. But wholly happy with my car.
Desert Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #835
LADYBUG5

Drives: ‘18 1SS 1LE
Got it last night. I told the dealership to not wash it. I’ll detail it myself. Enjoy!
Attached Images

LADYBUG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #836
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Few drone shots
Attached Images

JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #837
mcatron

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
67' & 17'
Attached Images

mcatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #838
buzookajoe
Datinurmomlikeitsmyjob

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE & 24’ ZL1
New guy to C6 Forums...heres my pics of day of delivery...

Hi 1LE groupies... new to Chevrolet..as I have always owned Ford Mustang GT's s195 and newer, as well as, Shelby GT500's. but I finally made the switch and couldn't be happier. Loving this Forum learning so much from everyone here.

Here are a cpl pics of my 1LE delivery about a week and a half ago.
Attached Images

buzookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #839
fishjr8

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE PDR SIM
Welcome! I too came from a Mustang GT, and couldn't be happier!
What part of Ohio are you from?
fishjr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #840
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Brought my new '18 1SS 1LE home from Britain Chevy in Greenville, TX a couple weeks ago! Stoked! This car is a blast! Glad to be back in the car game again. I've already added an Elite E2 catch can and ZL1Addons rock guards. It's going to stay pretty stock for a while, but it will get heads and cam eventually. I'm just enjoying having a V8 again! My '15 Malibu has been a great DD, but I needed more GM V8 goodness in my life after my '03 Z06 and '01 WS6 left long ago. I know black is going to be a PITA to keep looking new, but I love how pissed this car looks from the front! 750 miles since coming home on 7/21 and it will get its first oil change on the 11th and a gear oil swap the same day.