#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
i just did xpel on the whole nose and mirrors. everything else is cqaurtz professional coated. its awesome. expensive but worth it if you're a car guy. it makes maintaining the new car look so easy
This would be exactly what I'd be doing. Care to share how much it ran you? You can PM it if you prefer.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #16
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Ive got Avery Brushed Black Metallic going on mine right now. Around 4k...i figure if im going to protect the paint...and it needs it with that thin clear coat. I might as well give her a cool color...it looks crazy cool in the sunlight. Hopefully done tomorrow.
Attached Images

Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
This would be exactly what I'd be doing. Care to share how much it ran you? You can PM it if you prefer.
no i don't mind. i paid 450 for the nose and 1000.00 for the coating. they also did a three stage paint correction and coated the wheels, calipers door jams everything. even got them to polish and coat my carbon dash lol
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #18
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
I just recently (picked it up over the weekend) got my entire front, A pillars, rear end (including spoiler) done with X-Pel for $3k. That included some paint corrections from rock chips and other road related scratches. Will be totally worth it to me. The one and only complain I have about mine is the fragility of the paint. Never had a car that got chips so easily.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #19
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Just looked at the Xpel website the suggested price for the hood, fender, mirrors, full bumper and splitter, rocker panels and A pillar kit is $2,000 plus installation. Would be interesting to know what the installer pays.
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #20
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
Just looked at the Xpel website the suggested price for the hood, fender, mirrors, full bumper and splitter, rocker panels and A pillar kit is $2,000 plus installation. Would be interesting to know what the installer pays.
Some installers, to keep the prices in-line, use the XPel site and what you see for the film is what they charge for the film plus installation. (I prefer Suntek myself as it is more forgiving if lifted while installing. The XPel can tend to get granny marks if your installer is not quite good)

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #21
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
The areas outlined in red are what I have covered in Suntek film.

The area behind the rear wheel outlined in white is what i had originally covered in film. I went back 10 months later and had the entire rear end including diffuser covered. I did this not so much because of rock chips, but because the backend of the car got a lot of fine scratches and swirls from all the road grime that gets kicked up on the back of the car from driving. I tried to be as careful as I could when reaching in and out of the trunk but still managed to scratch the area directly below the trunk opening pretty good.

The entire car including film is covered in two layers of Kamikaze Miyabi.

I haven't seen it mentioned but front rock guards will also be a good investment. I have a pair of ZL1Addons on the front fenders of my car.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #22
conradsteph

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert Arctic Blue
SunTek on hood, front splitter and bumper, front left and right fenders, A pillars and across A pillars, side mirrors, front of lower rear fenders, rockers and 4 inches above rockers - $2750.
GTechniq ceramic coating over entire vehicle, wheels, and special coating over convertible top and interior - $2250
Expensive when it's time to pay the bill but when I see how much other cars are damaged by road debris, I think it's money well spent.
conradsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #23
DRGNZ

Drives: Order List for ZL1
I am wondering why nobody does the doors in expel/wrap? Wouldn't this help with people opening their doors on yours?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #24
kaamacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNZ View Post
I am wondering why nobody does the doors in expel/wrap? Wouldn't this help with people opening their doors on yours?
The Viper I just had, it was totally wrapped, accept for the rear 3/4 of the roof. (BTW, Front 1/4 of the hood is a good area to have covered but, the Camaro profile does not dip as much as the Viper did so I held off). To answer your question though, if not for cost I'd have the doors done also... plenty of times where you could see marks from track rubber.

The Gen6 nose is a nightmare to do. My friend installs so I helped him hold that monster piece, but, you'd be surprised at the stretching needed to get onto the anchor points and some of the areas that are almost like doing door cups (another mysterious ritual).

2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
Old 02-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #25
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradsteph View Post
SunTek on hood, front splitter and bumper, front left and right fenders, A pillars and across A pillars, side mirrors, front of lower rear fenders, rockers and 4 inches above rockers - $2750.
GTechniq ceramic coating over entire vehicle, wheels, and special coating over convertible top and interior - $2250
Expensive when it's time to pay the bill but when I see how much other cars are damaged by road debris, I think it's money well spent.
Mine was similar to this in scope and price.

Film: Suntek Ultra, self healing. Installer manually oversized all the patterns to wrap and tuck all the tuckable body edges. Removed the heat extractor and badges prior to filming.

Coating: Gtechniq crystal serum black + 2 coats Gtechniq EXO on the film and paint, 1 coat on the wheels.

If I was to do it again, I would film the entire car and just use EXO on the film. The square rear end collects a surprising amount of dust and sand and even with casual weekend use and a self healing film would help a lot here. I imagine folks in snow country see the same. I would do both coatings again on the wheels. Coating the wheels makes a huge difference in ease of cleaning.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:14 AM   #26
kaamacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Mine was similar to this in scope and price.

Film: Suntek Ultra, self healing. Installer manually oversized all the patterns to wrap and tuck all the tuckable body edges. Removed the heat extractor and badges prior to filming.

Coating: Gtechniq crystal serum black + 2 coats Gtechniq EXO on the film and paint, 1 coat on the wheels.

If I was to do it again, I would film the entire car and just use EXO on the film. The square rear end collects a surprising amount of dust and sand and even with casual weekend use and a self healing film would help a lot here. I imagine folks in snow country see the same. I would do both coatings again on the wheels. Coating the wheels makes a huge difference in ease of cleaning.

With the spare film by friend has (I keep all the un-used patterns)...I made a template and cut a section for just inside the front center area that covers that 3/4-1/2" and just a smidge around the outer fender area. (My front fenders are not covered). That area, as we know, is about 1" away from direct impact from wheel grit.

2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #27
1roadking

Drives: 2017 ZL1 silver A10
I did expell on front bumper,hood,fenders,a pillars and down the rockers all the way to the rear bumper. Then we ceramic coated the whole car. It looks great and seems to be doing the job well.
1roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #28
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
The areas outlined in red are what I have covered in Suntek film.

The area behind the rear wheel outlined in white is what i had originally covered in film. I went back 10 months later and had the entire rear end including diffuser covered. I did this not so much because of rock chips, but because the backend of the car got a lot of fine scratches and swirls from all the road grime that gets kicked up on the back of the car from driving. I tried to be as careful as I could when reaching in and out of the trunk but still managed to scratch the area directly below the trunk opening pretty good.

The entire car including film is covered in two layers of Kamikaze Miyabi.

I haven't seen it mentioned but front rock guards will also be a good investment. I have a pair of ZL1Addons on the front fenders of my car.
Yours has the same as mine. I also added a topper layer of hydrophobic coating.

Side question, how are you liking the Michelin's compared to the Goodyear's? I'm modded with 650rwhp/700tq and the Goodyear's do not like it!