Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Would my wash be less effective if I used a spray bottle ?

I was wondering what the effects , if any, would be if I instead of doing buckets, just used a spray bottle shaken really well..

Put all contents in a bottle. Shake till its foaming. Spray the entire car down, spray your wash cloth, then just clean and whatever else you need to do..
Thoughts?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I was wondering what the effects , if any, would be if I instead of doing buckets, just used a spray bottle shaken really well..

Put all contents in a bottle. Shake till its foaming. Spray the entire car down, spray your wash cloth, then just clean and whatever else you need to do..
Thoughts?
I don't use a bucket at all?, Or go to that trouble. I use a foam gun ($30), one wipe with a sponge, and a rinse. Dry with a leaf blower. The fewer times you drag something over your paint, the longer your finish will last..
Not sure you'll get enough lubricating foam on the car with a spray bottle...

Ooops (edit) looks like they've gone up.... Still the best method to apply soap

Last edited by Modshack; 05-10-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Have you ever considered a Rinseless wash?
Sometimes washing your vehicles isn't easy. Weather, water restriction, or access to a hose can make keeping your ride clean almost impossible. Other times you just don't want to have to drag out a hose and go through an entire wash process. Luckily Adam's Rinseless Car Wash is a solution thats easy to use, safe, and can be used virtually anywhere at anytime!

Advanced lubricating polymers and emulsifiers allow Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to safely and effectively remove dirt, grime, and dust from your vehicle with nothing more than a bucket of clean water. The formula lifts contamination away from your delicate paint and encapsulates it allowing it to be wiped away without risk of scratches or swirls. Thanks to the highly concentrated formula just 2 ounces of Adam's Rinseless Wash, a couple quality microfiber towels, and 4-5 gallons of water is all you'll need to clean your entire car from top to bottom!

Because there is no running water, hose, or need to rinse away soaps you can clean your car anywhere at anytime! Those cold winters in parts of the US make using a hose and bucket in your driveway not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Use Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to clean your entire car in the comfort of your garage and never worry about a mess. Live in an apartment complex where a hose isn't easy to access? Just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and wash your ride anywhere without fear of scratches or need for running water. Even if you live with water restrictions in the summer your vehicles can remain spotless the entire season without ever needing a hose!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Have you ever considered a Rinseless wash?
Sometimes washing your vehicles isn't easy. Weather, water restriction, or access to a hose can make keeping your ride clean almost impossible. Other times you just don't want to have to drag out a hose and go through an entire wash process. Luckily Adam's Rinseless Car Wash is a solution thats easy to use, safe, and can be used virtually anywhere at anytime!

Advanced lubricating polymers and emulsifiers allow Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to safely and effectively remove dirt, grime, and dust from your vehicle with nothing more than a bucket of clean water. The formula lifts contamination away from your delicate paint and encapsulates it allowing it to be wiped away without risk of scratches or swirls. Thanks to the highly concentrated formula just 2 ounces of Adam's Rinseless Wash, a couple quality microfiber towels, and 4-5 gallons of water is all you'll need to clean your entire car from top to bottom!

Because there is no running water, hose, or need to rinse away soaps you can clean your car anywhere at anytime! Those cold winters in parts of the US make using a hose and bucket in your driveway not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Use Adam's Rinseless Car Wash to clean your entire car in the comfort of your garage and never worry about a mess. Live in an apartment complex where a hose isn't easy to access? Just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and wash your ride anywhere without fear of scratches or need for running water. Even if you live with water restrictions in the summer your vehicles can remain spotless the entire season without ever needing a hose!

Please don't copy and paste your products descriptions in threads, just give me the suggestion and a list of the products you make for them ... I'm more than happy to check your brand out, I know some loyal clients of yours.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I don't use a bucket at all?, Or go to that trouble. I use a foam gun ($30), one wipe with a sponge, and a rinse. Dry with a leaf blower. The fewer times you drag something over your paint, the longer your finish will last..
Not sure you'll get enough lubricating foam on the car with a spray bottle...

Ooops (edit) looks like they've gone up.... Still the best method to apply soap
Looks like i'll be trying this method out.

What is your ratio when using a gun? I noticed the guns give you fill lines and some say to use the entire bottle to get the best results.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Washing and drying your car is the step where most of the damage to your clear coat can occur.

If your doing a 2 bucket wash, (I actually use 3, I have 1 for the wheels, nothing that touches the wheels is ever used on the paint) you need grit guards in your buckets.

The concept is to remove the dirt off your paint without re-introducing it.

I use the highest quality wash media I have ever found, if someone has used better, I'd be up to change, I just haven't found any.

Wash Mitt- Microfiber Madness Incredimitt, this mitt is seriously soft. When used on a properly lubricated surface, it pulls the dirt into the mitt, away from your paint, and releases it easily into your rinse bucket. I actually spray each side with a hose before putting it into the rinse bucket.

Wash in shade only

I rinse the car first to remove any loose dirt, then foam it with foam gun. I use the Bunny K foamaster. It's only $27 on Amazon, and is high quality, others sell for $50- $100 for the same thing.

My buckets are already filled prior to foaming, I add soap to soap bucket and spray with hose to mix.

Wash from the top down, wiping, I need to say this in caps, WIPING the surface with the mitt after it has been dipped in the soap bucket. No pressure, no scrubbing, WIPING. After each wipe, I check the mitt, if any dirt is present, I flip to the clean side and resume. When I see any dirt in the other side, I rinse mitt with hose, (It has a handle inside it so it won't fly off your hand), both sides, then stick it the rinse bucket, rubbing each side across the grit guard.

Inspect both sides, rinse again if necessary, and continue with process. If you do this correctly, when your done, the soap bucket will have no dirt in it whatsoever and will be as clean as it was when you first started.

Rinse the soap off the car and do a final pooling rinse.

After the pooling rinse, use 1 spray of detail spray per panel, and dry with Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy towel. There is absolutely no way this towel can scratch your paint, it's softer than a baby's blanket and highly absorbent.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #7
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Looks like i'll be trying this method out.

What is your ratio when using a gun? I noticed the guns give you fill lines and some say to use the entire bottle to get the best results.
Works great. The gun does the ratios. Even 1 inch in the bottom gets the same results. I'm using Chemical Guys stuff now, but may try Carpros next. It's a no brainer. No buckets, No rub, No fuss
Old 05-15-2016, 12:19 AM   #8
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Works great. The gun does the ratios. Even 1 inch in the bottom gets the same results. I'm using Chemical Guys stuff now, but may try Carpros next. It's a no brainer. No buckets, No rub, No fuss
I'm sorry but no rub? You are simply just throwing soapy water and washing it off.. Unless your drive your car, or are power washing it before hand, I can't see this being anything other than a huge waste.. There is no way you are not using any mitts or any sort of agitation method..

And this foam gun definitely does NOT create anything other than a foamy mess IMO