Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2023, 08:35 AM   #29
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I started down this path of contacting dealers and you should keep going. I went out to the chevy site, built the car I was looking for and found those "In Transit" or "At the dealership" within 500 miles. Those that are In Transit may not be spoken for but will still be shipped to the dealership. That is how I found mine. I have a down payment on it, and now the wait for the car to be delivered is on... and it's this way for many. Don't rely on the dealer to contact you, keep calling to find one.
That’s how I found my 2SS too - narrowed it down to 3 possibilities within 500 miles, picked one, made the deal (under MSRP) over the phone and had the car in my garage the next day.

Keep trying - by a long shot, not every car in the Camaro Inventory is sold or has a ridiculous markup.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:54 PM   #30
WhiteMousse

Drives: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
That’s how I found my 2SS too - narrowed it down to 3 possibilities within 500 miles, picked one, made the deal (under MSRP) over the phone and had the car in my garage the next day.

Keep trying - by a long shot, not every car in the Camaro Inventory is sold or has a ridiculous markup.
Thank you. I will keep looking. Had a ton of let-down situations today but tomorrow I will try again
WhiteMousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:09 PM   #31
WhiteMousse

Guys I may have gotten one. But they want a non-refundable $2,000.00 deposit. They gave me a Retail Order For A Motor Vehicle, and said that the price won't rise, that it would only go down depending on the active rebate whenever it arrives.

They have:
Price of car, $53,295.00
Out of State Registration: $25.24
TDR $199.00
Documentation Fee: $388.00

Total $53,907.24

But the fine print under the "Additional Terms and Conditions" says
3. Price changes. Manufacturer has the right to increase the price to Dealer of a new motor vehicle without notice. If this order is for a new motor vehicle and the Manufacturer increases the price of the vehicle to the Dealer before the delivery to Purchaser, Dealer can increase the Total Selling Price described in this order by the amount of the increase. If the Dealer Increases the Total Selling Price, Purchaser can cancel this Order.

Does that mean the non-refundable deposit would become refundable?
Old 08-03-2023, 05:17 PM   #32
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
A non-refundable deposit is a big red flag to me. I take that as they will screw me if they have the chance. good luck, keep looking.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:22 PM   #33
50MileSmile

It should be refundable - ask the dealer. This is standard language in a dealer contract; they just don’t want to get stuck paying a price increase from GM on the MSRP. There have been no price increases on ‘23s that I know of in the last few months. Have you got a copy of the window sticker? Good luck!

P.S. I don’t pay nonrefundable deposits, but in this case (and seeing what’s going on around the country with dealer markups), I don’t think $2,000 is unreasonable. After all, they don’t know anything about you and this gives them some assurance that you’re for real. Put it on a credit card if you can; that way you’ll have a way to get your money back if the deal goes South.

Last edited by 50MileSmile; 08-03-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #34
WhiteMousse

I did get the Window Sticker. It's an actual unit with a VIN, and it's expected to be here either this or next month.

I asked about the deposit and they just said it's non-refundable.

Should I bail?? Help!
Old 08-03-2023, 05:36 PM   #35
WhiteMousse

One other thing is that they're not charging me sales tax since the car is in Montana. But I live in Florida, so I will have to pay.

But I mean it would be one less thing on the amort schedule
Old 08-03-2023, 06:45 PM   #36
Fasst1

Drives: 1967 RS/SS, 2023 ZL1 Red Hot M6
An expert should weigh in - but I think you need to pay taxes if it goes to a state that charges them. I am buying a car in Florida, but will be paying GA sales tax because that is where the car will be titled.
1998 T/A - Red, M6 - sold
2002 SS - Red, M6 - sold
2023 ZL1 - Red, M6
Fasst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:12 PM   #37
WhiteMousse

Keep looking? There are several dealers who have told me that cars are due to be picked up this weekend, and that if they're not, they'll call me
Old 08-03-2023, 07:20 PM   #38
50MileSmile

Just don’t wait yourself out of the market…
Old 08-03-2023, 07:32 PM   #39
WhiteMousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Just don’t wait yourself out of the market…
What would you do? I don't want to miss out, certainly
Old 08-03-2023, 07:54 PM   #40
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMousse View Post
What would you do? I don't want to miss out, certainly
It depends on how particular you are about the features of the car. If there is no give on any options, choices will be more limited and you may have to take a risk to get exactly what you want. However, if you are willing to go to Montana from FL, pretty much the whole country should be open to you. So if you are flexible, you are almost certain to find another option without a non-refundable deposit. I would also temper your shipping expectations - especially for Montana - not a lot of cars headed that way, so the transit time can be extensive. I had one reserved in Montana that was only supposed to take a month, and to this day is still sitting in Lansing - that is when I decided to find one on the lot that matched my wants and traveled to get it. Some of those cars sitting in overflow lots in Lansing have been there for 6+ months.
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:01 PM   #41
WhiteMousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericID10T View Post
It depends on how particular you are about the features of the car. If there is no give on any options, choices will be more limited and you may have to take a risk to get exactly what you want. However, if you are willing to go to Montana from FL, pretty much the whole country should be open to you. So if you are flexible, you are almost certain to find another option without a non-refundable deposit. I would also temper your shipping expectations - especially for Montana - not a lot of cars headed that way, so the transit time can be extensive. I had one reserved in Montana that was only supposed to take a month, and to this day is still sitting in Lansing - that is when I decided to find one on the lot that matched my wants and traveled to get it. Some of those cars sitting in overflow lots in Lansing have been there for 6+ months.
In your experience are there a lot of tire kickers? People who place the order and then just don't buy it when it arrives?
Old 08-03-2023, 08:12 PM   #42
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMousse View Post
In your experience are there a lot of tire kickers? People who place the order and then just don't buy it when it arrives?
I wouldn’t say a lot, especially since you usually do need to put a deposit down (although, usually refundable) but it does seem to happen more than one would think. A lot can change in a persons life between when an order is placed and when the car arrives. However, dealers also aren’t going to have an issue selling them if the orderer does back out, they are selling rapidly, so it shows the “non-refundable” aspect as being just a cash grab.

Your best friend should be the Inventory page on Chevrolet’s website. Set the features most important to you, and look at it daily. It will tell you when a vehicle is in transit, and sometimes it will tell the expected arrival date. If you see one you really like, reach out to the dealer about availability - a lot are claimed, but many were still available in my hunt. But, when that “In Transit” logo disappears, it is on ground at the dealer and prime to jump on, especially if you see real-world photos of the car actually on the dealer’s lot - if it is sold/claimed, the dealership isn’t wasting time/money to market it. If you see those photos, almost guaranteed it is available.
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote