Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #15
EddieM92
Instagram- _2sslow_

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Texas speed headers are only like 2-3 hundred more look into those

2011 Camaro LT RS (Sold)
2011 Range Rover Sport HSE (Sold)
2016 Camaro 2SS NPP, TSP headers & Xpipe, Skid e85, CAI Intake, MSD IM, 95m TB, BigPowerRacing Tune, H&R Lowering springs, BMR sway bars
EddieM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #16
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
These seem like the best option for cat deletes. All the reviews say the other brands leak, these eliminate that connection point that everyone has problems with.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:14 PM   #17
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
CA front cat deletes do not leak, they are better than OEM fit and finish... If the the band clamp is an issue on others, just have a shop weld them. My Kooks, band clamps "leak" FYI...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #18
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
U guys ever get the test pipes?
Old 10-20-2018, 09:51 PM   #19
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Bullshit. You mean mild steel and crush bends maybe. I ran an exhaust shop for 5 years. 100 each side for stainless alone he would lose money, before even attempting a single bend.....
Well you will have to eat your own words and I truly know the difference between stainless steel and mild steel. And I forgot to tell you he makes his own cut outs which he installed with that section after the headers. (My drag cut outs for the track) The only thing I could think is that you have misunderstood that’s it’s the section from the header to where the second cat was. It’s a straight pipe section of stainless $100 a piece. Believe me or not, to add the cut outs that he makes it was $150 a side.

The rear section where he installed my electric cut outs for cars and coffee revs I honestly forget what I paid him to do the rear section but $600 comes to my mind. Jim the owner is an artist when it comes to stainless steel exhaust and he’s fast and does a great job. I like my set up.

https://youtu.be/9-56hsSp_Dk

https://youtu.be/pb7KQkkrvV0
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #20
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Well you will have to eat your own words and I truly know the difference between stainless steel and mild steel. And I forgot to tell you he makes his own cut outs which he installed with that section after the headers. (My drag cut outs for the track) The only thing I could think is that you have misunderstood that’s it’s the section from the header to where the second cat was. It’s a straight pipe section of stainless $100 a piece. Believe me or not, to add the cut outs that he makes it was $150 a side.

The rear section where he installed my electric cut outs for cars and coffee revs I honestly forget what I paid him to do the rear section but $600 comes to my mind. Jim the owner is an artist when it comes to stainless steel exhaust and he’s fast and does a great job. I like my set up.

https://youtu.be/9-56hsSp_Dk

https://youtu.be/pb7KQkkrvV0

Looks like mild steel to me with mild steel mig welds that were spray painted with a silver rattle can to protect the mild steel welds from rusting and a crush bender in the background
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #21
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Looks like mild steel to me with mild steel mig welds that were spray painted with a silver rattle can to protect the mild steel welds from rusting and a crush bender in the background
He spray paints the weld. Come over and inspect the pipes since your so knowledgeable and concerned. So there is a bender in the background, he does stainless steel exhaust, mild steel, and factory pipes. Whatever man, seems can’t make u happy with what ever I put up.

Your name says it all, Who Cares” and believe me I don’t care what you say. ��

Also, just looked at you other posts. Your basically a shit disturber, most of your post are negative and attack the OP. Get a life.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 10-21-2018 at 06:13 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #22
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
He spray paints the weld. Come over and inspect the pipes since your so knowledgeable and concerned. So there is a bender in the background, he does stainless steel exhaust, mild steel, and factory pipes. Whatever man, seems can’t make u happy with what ever I put up.

Your name says it all, Who Cares” and believe me I don’t care what you say. ��

Also, just looked at you other posts. Your basically a shit disturber, most of your post are negative and attack the OP. Get a life.

You're right, why would you care what others think?

Life's too short to be positive.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #23
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
Sorry to bump an old thread but I couldn't find the answer in search. If I wanted to put the stock cats back on, is it simply a matter of bolting them up and using the same exhaust sleeve clamps to reconnect?
oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #24
Idburnu

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS 96 Vette LT4 17 GT PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread but I couldn't find the answer in search. If I wanted to put the stock cats back on, is it simply a matter of bolting them up and using the same exhaust sleeve clamps to reconnect?
I think you will want the CA Performance deletes if you want to be able to put the stock setup back. The New Era pipes required cutting which is why I didn't go with them.

It was hard to find a set of CA Performance deletes, but one hit Ebay a couple weeks ago, brand new with all the gaskets and were the upgraded billet last revision to boot for 200 dollars. Bought them instantly and zero leaks connected to my Borla 60606 midpipe. They sometimes go for sale here as well.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #25
oneplustwo

Do the CA performance ones bolt up on both sides, front and back? And do they delete both primary and secondary cats? The website has them up but I haven't tried buying them. I did call a couple times today and it went to voicemail though...
Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #26
Idburnu

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS 96 Vette LT4 17 GT PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
Do the CA performance ones bolt up on both sides, front and back? And do they delete both primary and secondary cats? The website has them up but I haven't tried buying them. I did call a couple times today and it went to voicemail though...
The CA pipes do match up perfectly front and rear. However, they are just primary cat deletes. I already had the Borla 60606 which deletes the secondary cats. I used an aftermarket stainless clamp on the drivers side and that is leak free. The New Era pipes will delete both, but required cutting.

And you are correct that CA appears to of never reopened which is why I had trouble tracking down a new set.
Idburnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #27
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I am considering going to headers and may have a set of CA primary deletes that I might sell
Old 05-22-2019, 12:42 AM   #28
oneplustwo

I’m ok with cutting as it appears you can just clamp the cats back on later for smog. That’s what new era said when I called anyway. So I’ll likely get those since they delete both primary and secondary cats. Any retailer deals to know about or just order direct from them?

I also considered headers but I’m not really looking for more power than the whipple is going to provide. This is more to reduce the risk of cats melting and plugging up the exhaust and blowing the engine. $400 seems a reasonable price to pay for that vs the extra $1000 or so for headers.